Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Novels with Shar or her priests?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Never Posted - 20 Jul 2005 : 01:17:12

Hello all. I was hoping someone more knowledgeable than I could help me. I looking for books in which Shar or her priests have significant exposure. I already have the crunchy info but I'm looking for a bit more…flavor. (does that make sense?)

So, if someone could point me in the right direction. I would appreciate it.
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Wooly Rupert Posted - 21 Jul 2005 : 23:10:25
quote:
Originally posted by TomCosta

Going way book, I believe it was relatively early in the run of the AD&D comic book (and not the FR comics) series published by DC Comics that ran the battle between Shar and Selune during the Time of Troubles.

It was the "Phases of the Moon" story arc, and it ran from issue 19 to issue 22.
Never Posted - 21 Jul 2005 : 20:32:30
Thank you guys. I had an unread copy of The Temptations of Big E. As ever, Ed possesses a... unique vision.
TomCosta Posted - 21 Jul 2005 : 19:27:01
Going way book, I believe it was relatively early in the run of the AD&D comic book (and not the FR comics) series published by DC Comics that ran the battle between Shar and Selune during the Time of Troubles.
Kajehase Posted - 20 Jul 2005 : 05:53:09
There's also the Black Bouquet from the Rogues by Richard Lee Byers, which features a member of the Monks of the Dark Moon.
George Krashos Posted - 20 Jul 2005 : 01:48:42
"Temptation of Elminster", second section by Ed Greenwood and the Sylune chapter in "Silverfall" also by Ed Greenwood (although the second reference only shows a single priestess and the way she does things).

-- George Krashos
Chosen of Bane Posted - 20 Jul 2005 : 01:33:33
Along with "Mistress of the Night" you could try the Return of the Arch Wizards trilogy. At least one of the Princes of Shade, who are major antagonists, is a cleric of Shar.

Then there is also "Sands of the Soul" in the Sembia series that has a wizard who is a devout follower of Shar as well as an order of clerics who worship Shar without even knowing it.

Mistress of the Night is definitely the best source though. The other books happen to have worshippers of Shar, that book is about worhsippers of shar.
Kuje Posted - 20 Jul 2005 : 01:21:24
Mistress of the Night by Don Bassingthwaite & Dave Gross

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000