Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Novels with Shar or her priests?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Never
Acolyte

USA
24 Posts

Posted - 20 Jul 2005 :  01:17:12  Show Profile  Visit Never's Homepage Send Never a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic

Hello all. I was hoping someone more knowledgeable than I could help me. I looking for books in which Shar or her priests have significant exposure. I already have the crunchy info but I'm looking for a bit more…flavor. (does that make sense?)

So, if someone could point me in the right direction. I would appreciate it.

I'm so, so very guilty for no reason or rhyme;
Infinite victims, infinitesimal time.

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 20 Jul 2005 :  01:21:24  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Mistress of the Night by Don Bassingthwaite & Dave Gross

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium
Go to Top of Page

Chosen of Bane
Senior Scribe

USA
552 Posts

Posted - 20 Jul 2005 :  01:33:33  Show Profile  Visit Chosen of Bane's Homepage Send Chosen of Bane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Along with "Mistress of the Night" you could try the Return of the Arch Wizards trilogy. At least one of the Princes of Shade, who are major antagonists, is a cleric of Shar.

Then there is also "Sands of the Soul" in the Sembia series that has a wizard who is a devout follower of Shar as well as an order of clerics who worship Shar without even knowing it.

Mistress of the Night is definitely the best source though. The other books happen to have worshippers of Shar, that book is about worhsippers of shar.

Edited by - Chosen of Bane on 20 Jul 2005 01:34:42
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6648 Posts

Posted - 20 Jul 2005 :  01:48:42  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
"Temptation of Elminster", second section by Ed Greenwood and the Sylune chapter in "Silverfall" also by Ed Greenwood (although the second reference only shows a single priestess and the way she does things).

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

Kajehase
Great Reader

Sweden
2104 Posts

Posted - 20 Jul 2005 :  05:53:09  Show Profile Send Kajehase a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There's also the Black Bouquet from the Rogues by Richard Lee Byers, which features a member of the Monks of the Dark Moon.

There is a rumour going around that I have found god. I think is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist.
Terry Pratchett
Go to Top of Page

TomCosta
Forgotten Realms Designer

USA
954 Posts

Posted - 21 Jul 2005 :  19:27:01  Show Profile Send TomCosta a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Going way book, I believe it was relatively early in the run of the AD&D comic book (and not the FR comics) series published by DC Comics that ran the battle between Shar and Selune during the Time of Troubles.
Go to Top of Page

Never
Acolyte

USA
24 Posts

Posted - 21 Jul 2005 :  20:32:30  Show Profile  Visit Never's Homepage Send Never a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thank you guys. I had an unread copy of The Temptations of Big E. As ever, Ed possesses a... unique vision.

I'm so, so very guilty for no reason or rhyme;
Infinite victims, infinitesimal time.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 21 Jul 2005 :  23:10:25  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TomCosta

Going way book, I believe it was relatively early in the run of the AD&D comic book (and not the FR comics) series published by DC Comics that ran the battle between Shar and Selune during the Time of Troubles.

It was the "Phases of the Moon" story arc, and it ran from issue 19 to issue 22.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000