Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 New novel series: The Last Mythal
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Lord Rad
Great Reader

United Kingdom
2080 Posts

Posted - 29 May 2003 :  17:53:36  Show Profile  Visit Lord Rad's Homepage Send Lord Rad a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Just found this lurking in the pages of Condemnation, a new FR novel series by Richard Baker:

THE LAST MYTHAL (i wish theyd go back to putting "series" or "trilogy" on things )

Book 1 - Forsaken House (August 2004)
Book 2 - Farthest Reach (July 2005)
Book 3 - Final Gate (mid-2006)

Lord Rad

"What? No, I wasn't reading your module. I was just looking at the pictures"

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6648 Posts

Posted - 30 May 2003 :  06:25:45  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I wish they'd stop being all mysterious and at least give you an idea of what these new novel trilogies are all about. "The Last Mythal" makes me think elves and more FR-wide changes.

Firstly, with the Archwizards trilogy, elves have been done to death. When are we going to see dwarves (and not ones with pet drow rangers, either ...)? I'd also like to see novels that are smaller in scope (like the Sembia series). Find a corner of the Realms, do your homework and then write something to entertain and inform. The last mythal ... I hope this isn't a novel trilogy about how High Magic is changed 'for all time' ...

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 30 May 2003 :  07:26:16  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I agree George, a good solid trilogy or series focusing on the dwarves would be great. We very rarely see any good FR books anymore with dwarves as major characters, except maybe Bruenor.

Or maybe something set around the interesting area of the Vilhon Reach. That area certainly has alot of history.

Oh well, I guess we can only wish and dream .

Good learning...

- The Sage of Perth: For all your Realms Lore needs

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Artalis
Senior Scribe

USA
444 Posts

Posted - 30 May 2003 :  13:17:24  Show Profile Send Artalis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If it's about elves it had better have some time in Evereska. I swear it's amazing to me that one of the major elven strongholds of the realms hasn't been detailed in any book or sourcebook.

Ridiculous

Just my humble (yeah right) opinion.

Artalis

Email

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 30 May 2003 :  14:10:18  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That's a good point Artalis. Information pertaining to Evereska is nearly non-existent. Except for the brief mentions in some of the source material, it seems to be an area that has had little attention. A trilogy based on Evereska is also a good idea, and something I would really like to read. The fact the very little has been published about Evereska would seem to suggest that the possibilities for tales about the region would be near limitless.

Again, we can only dream I suppose,

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 30 May 2003 :  14:14:41  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Actually I just had a thought, while I was typing that last message. Maybe some fan-created material about Evereska would be a welcome addition to the scrolls of fan-created material already stored here in the great library.

Hmmm, I wonder...

::The Sage collects several sheets of freshly dried parchment from underneath the small collection of tomes sitting on the edge of his table. He then places them down in front of him, and starts scribbling down a few ideas and notes::

Edited by - The Sage on 30 May 2003 14:15:34
Go to Top of Page

Thomas M. Reid
Forgotten Realms Designer & Author

334 Posts

Posted - 30 May 2003 :  15:42:42  Show Profile  Visit Thomas M. Reid's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sage of Perth

Or maybe something set around the interesting area of the Vilhon Reach. That area certainly has alot of history.

Well, you're in luck. The Jewel of Turmish, written by Mel Odom, is set in (ta-da!) Turmish. And I'm working on the revisions for my first Scions of Arrabar book, The Sapphire Crescent, which is set in (you guessed it) Arrabar, the capital city of Chondath. That's due out in November of this year. Paul Kidd's Council of Blades was set in the Border Kingdoms, although it is often treated as a piece of fiction written by Volo under a pen name rather than as (oh, I'm going to regret using this word) canon, because it has many anachronistic qualities.

So there's some, and soon to be more, stuff on the Reach.

Thomas

"A knight is not truly virtuous, only truly resolved to be so."

www.thomasmreid.com
Go to Top of Page

Zaknafein
Seeker

USA
77 Posts

Posted - 30 May 2003 :  17:49:39  Show Profile  Visit Zaknafein's Homepage Send Zaknafein a Private Message  Reply with Quote
yes, i was just thinking of the dwarves. They are rarely mentioned in any novels and the drow are EVERYWHERE. For the longest time i have been hoping for a trilogy to come out based on the dwarven race. Guess we will be waiting a little longer

Zaknafein Do'Urden: mentor, teacher, friend....To Zak, the one who inspired my courage. -Drizzt Do'Urden

Full plate and packing steel.
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 31 May 2003 :  07:00:53  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thank you for the information Mr Reid.

Actually I read The Jewel of Turmish in university last year, and I enjoyed it. As for these other novels set in the southern Realms, well, I can't wait until they hit the bookstores.

May your learning be free and unfettered

Go to Top of Page

elven_songstress
Learned Scribe

126 Posts

Posted - 20 May 2006 :  11:32:35  Show Profile  Visit elven_songstress's Homepage Send elven_songstress a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have compiled a bunch of information on Evereska by going through my second edition stuff,but with the recent event's I am not sure how much of it is actually useful. O.o It serves me well.

We need to be reminded sometimes that a sunrise lasts but a few minutes,but its beauty can burnin our hearts eternally."
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000