Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Realms of Elfkin Anthology?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 14 Feb 2004 :  23:34:13  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic

As where getting a Realms of Dragons anthology to tie in with Richard Lee Byers series set in the Year of Rogue Dragons will we be getting a "Realms of Elfkin" anthology to tie in with Richard Bakers Last Mythal trilogy set in the year of Risen Elfkin?

“I am the King of Rome, and above grammar”

Emperor Sigismund

"Its good to be the King!"

Mel Brooks

Richard Lee Byers
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
1814 Posts

Posted - 15 Feb 2004 :  02:09:22  Show Profile  Visit Richard Lee Byers's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I haven't heard anything about one yet, but I suspect the answer may well be yes. After all, WotC did Realms of Shadow to tie in to The Return of the Archwizards, Realms of the Deep to tie in to The Threat from the Sea, and, as you note, they're doing Realms of the Dragons to tie in to my three-parter, so it seems like it's something they do fairly often.
Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 15 Feb 2004 :  03:13:31  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Heres an idea if they do do it

As a "Realms of Elfkin" book wont be out until after the last WOSQ novel....

Why not get the 6 authors who wrote the WOSQ series to write a short story each, featuring the major characters? Assuming the WOSQ live at the end of the last novel the authors could do a story catching up with what there doing 2 Realms years after the series comes to a close.

If most of the characters die in the last book then the authors could do presequels to WOSQ involving the characters.

Elaine C: if they do a "Realms of Elfkin" it maybe the perfect oppertunity to hit WOTC for another Arilyn story or how the Elvish Kingdom in Sossal was founded?

Emperor Sigismund

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 15 Feb 2004 :  03:46:13  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dargoth

Why not get the 6 authors who wrote the WOSQ series to write a short story each, featuring the major characters? Assuming the WOSQ live at the end of the last novel the authors could do a story catching up with what there doing 2 Realms years after the series comes to a close.

Well, given how the anthologies tie into the event, wouldn't it be more logical to have the stories focusing on what "The Year of Risen Elfkin" major event actually will be?

Of course, no clear idea on what that actually is for now. However, after having the dark elves take center stage for a whole series and quite a number of publishing years, I think the shift might be to something else when the Year of Risen Elfkin takes place.....Most likely the Damonfey.....that new Elven Kingdom, or Evereska getting FEMA funds after what it's been through.
Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 15 Feb 2004 :  05:12:09  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SiriusBlack

quote:
Originally posted by Dargoth

Well, given how the anthologies tie into the event, wouldn't it be more logical to have the stories focusing on what "The Year of Risen Elfkin" major event actually will be?

Of course, no clear idea on what that actually is for now. However, after having the dark elves take center stage for a whole series and quite a number of publishing years, I think the shift might be to something else when the Year of Risen Elfkin takes place.....Most likely the Damonfey.....that new Elven Kingdom, or Evereska getting FEMA funds after what it's been through.

It doesnt seem to work that way

The writers seem to have a theme handed to them then they run with it, the short storys do not all tie into the founding trilogy.

For example Im expecting realms of Dragons to have a whole heap of storys involving Dragons or half Dragons either as the Protagonist or the Villian I would not expect to see thm interacting with RBLs story.

So in the case of a "Realms of Elkfin" the common theme would be Elves so any story involving elves (be they Drow, Wild, Star etc) would be fair game for the Anthology.

Emperor Sigismund

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

Richard Lee Byers
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
1814 Posts

Posted - 16 Feb 2004 :  03:37:12  Show Profile  Visit Richard Lee Byers's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You're more or less correct, Dargoth. Naturally, my story in Realms of the Dragons relates to The Year of Rogue Dragons (relating an adventure that happens between Books One and Two), and it's my understanding that at least a couple of the others will, too. But some of them will simply be cool stories about dragons.
Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 17 Feb 2004 :  03:05:02  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lee Byers

You're more or less correct, Dargoth. Naturally, my story in Realms of the Dragons relates to The Year of Rogue Dragons (relating an adventure that happens between Books One and Two)

and that would be so youve got something to write about while your rerolling the party after the end of Rage

Emperor Sigismund

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

Adrian Moonbow
Seeker

Denmark
64 Posts

Posted - 17 Feb 2004 :  10:04:29  Show Profile  Visit Adrian Moonbow's Homepage Send Adrian Moonbow a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lee Byers

I haven't heard anything about one yet, but I suspect the answer may well be yes. After all, WotC did Realms of Shadow to tie in to The Return of the Archwizards, Realms of the Deep to tie in to The Threat from the Sea, and, as you note, they're doing Realms of the Dragons to tie in to my three-parter, so it seems like it's something they do fairly often.

So if we follow that argument we will also see a 'Realms of Erevis Cale'?

Seriously, it would be nicer if the stories were about elven mythals (or elves living in or around the mythals). That would seem as more of a tie-in.

"I would have wanted not to die.
I would have wanted never to grow up!"
-Quidam
Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 17 Feb 2004 :  10:26:44  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There arent that many Elven Mythrals still around and 2 of the most prominent have seen better days (Everdask and Myth Drannor)

Emperor Sigismund

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

elven_songstress
Learned Scribe

126 Posts

Posted - 20 May 2006 :  11:37:43  Show Profile  Visit elven_songstress's Homepage Send elven_songstress a Private Message  Reply with Quote
-sighs- Alas for Myth Drannor, we need to motivate ourselves and go take the darn place back over. *lol* Yes that's me wishing big. I think there is also one in a Undersea City, but I can not be sure...

We need to be reminded sometimes that a sunrise lasts but a few minutes,but its beauty can burnin our hearts eternally."
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 20 May 2006 :  13:14:38  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Myth Nantar.

See the 2e Sea of Fallen Stars and Wyrmskull Throne tomes.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000