Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Star Elves
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

zemd
Master of Realmslore

France
1103 Posts

Posted - 21 Jul 2003 :  10:38:28  Show Profile Send zemd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Er... what's PS?
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 21 Jul 2003 :  10:51:31  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
'PS = Planescape', a now discontinued (at least officially) campaign setting that was published by TSR.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Lazarus
Acolyte

1 Posts

Posted - 21 Jul 2003 :  19:50:17  Show Profile  Visit Lazarus's Homepage Send Lazarus a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Will someone please tell me where i can find information/stories about the Realms Star Elves? Particualarly, when did they come out? A copyright date date would be most helpful. Thanks.

"Whatever kills you makes Me stronger..."--Lazarus the Thrice-Damned
Go to Top of Page

Mournblade
Master of Realmslore

USA
1287 Posts

Posted - 21 Jul 2003 :  22:39:47  Show Profile Send Mournblade a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I was just reading George's post of the recent changes in the realms being in your face. Well at the Larp this weekend we got IN YOUR FACE. A group of players has been ignoring hooks for the last 10 months about this enemy empire. So since the players were ignoring the hooks they could not stop the buil up of the army. There fore this weekend, our home of avalon has been conquered and destroyed.

OO BOY!

A wizard is Never late Frodo Baggins. Nor is he Early. A wizard arrives precisely when he means to...
Go to Top of Page

stoltzVI
Acolyte

Norway
11 Posts

Posted - 21 Jul 2003 :  22:47:17  Show Profile  Visit stoltzVI's Homepage Send stoltzVI a Private Message  Reply with Quote
yay, the star elves, figured i`d join in with my 0.50 NOK about them.

At first i thought "another friggin elf race?! and i still have some of that attitude. Basically, to me, it looks as an easy way to get another bonus into the elf-race. Sort of like "for the people who want to play an elven-cha-spellcaster we now have this flavour of the month elf!" What`s next, planeshifting in from a forgotten past comes the WISE-elves! (as sage of perth mentioned in his post earlier, when two of his players chose them, they BOTH went after the Cha-based spellcasting classes! That they chose to do that is cool with me though, don`t get the wrong idea)
Sooooo, where was i. Yeah, the star elves. As I haven`t read the write-up on them in UE I don`t really know too much about them, and I`ll probably love to have one or two of them played in a campaign of mine at some point, but i just get some sort of bad taste in my mouth when I wonder if it`s official wizards policy to add a new (as in all-new-and-crunchy) race to FR every few months.

If there is any prior mention of them in any 1st or 2nd edition material i will withdraw most of my attitude towards them, but i`ve yet to hear of any such thing being mentioned.
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 22 Jul 2003 :  01:35:49  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Okay firstly -

Lazarus said -
quote:
Will someone please tell me where i can find information/stories about the Realms Star Elves? Particualarly, when did they come out? A copyright date date would be most helpful. Thanks.
Sadly there are no officially published stories on Star Elves yet. As for information, the 3e sourcebook Unapproachable East is the only primary source of information on Star Elves at the moment.

Mournblade said -
quote:
A group of players has been ignoring hooks for the last 10 months about this enemy empire. So since the players were ignoring the hooks they could not stop the buil up of the army. There fore this weekend, our home of avalon has been conquered and destroyed.

I can well imagine what those players must have felt like. Why though, were the players ignoring the hooks?.

stoltzVI said -
quote:
If there is any prior mention of them in any 1st or 2nd edition material i will withdraw most of my attitude towards them, but i`ve yet to hear of any such thing being mentioned.
To date, there has been little said of this race actually existing in 1e or 2e, at least to an extent. But one of the great things about the Realms, is that it is conceivable to believe that such a race as this has gone unnoticed for most of the recent period of Realms history, so I think that the incorporation of the Star Elves, was quite well explained and achieved.

Edited by - The Sage on 22 Jul 2003 01:37:09
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 22 Jul 2003 :  06:13:42  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
But one of the great things about the Realms, is that it is conceivable to believe that such a race as this has gone unnoticed for most of the recent period of Realms history, so I think that the incorporation of the Star Elves, was quite well explained and achieved.

Your feeling of quite well explained and achieved left this reader with a feeling of rehashed ideas. I mean a long lost race suddenly reappears....gee, where have 3rd edition FR gamers seen that before....
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 22 Jul 2003 :  07:28:12  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I felt it was handled much better, and explained with more believable circumstances (at least to an extent) than the other said 'race'. But then, it is all a matter of perspective really, and how much time you have spent playing in the Realms of course.

Go to Top of Page

zemd
Master of Realmslore

France
1103 Posts

Posted - 22 Jul 2003 :  08:33:05  Show Profile Send zemd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sage of Perth

'PS = Planescape', a now discontinued (at least officially) campaign setting that was published by TSR.

! But i love Planescape. I don't know much of it (from Planescape Torment) but i planned to buy the 2E module to read more
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 22 Jul 2003 :  08:40:50  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If you want to wait a few more weeks, 3e/3.5e Planescape will be released shortly. And the good thing about it is (apart from the fact that it is Planescape of course), it's free .

Go to Top of Page

zemd
Master of Realmslore

France
1103 Posts

Posted - 22 Jul 2003 :  08:42:29  Show Profile Send zemd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
And do you know where i can get one copy? And where did you get the info?
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 22 Jul 2003 :  08:48:59  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'll send you an email with the address for the release to download when the specially created website goes online soon. I have to send Bookwyrm a copy of that address as well.

Oh, and congratulations on your promotion zemd. However I hear the distant echo of Alaundo's footsteps, so you better prepare yourself for the extra amount of work he assigns all his Senior Scribes here at Candlekeep ...Not that I am complaining of course, wise Alaundo...everythings good, everythings fine...I doing my job heh heh

Edited by - The Sage on 22 Jul 2003 08:52:09
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000