Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Software
 Neverwinter Nights: Hordes of the Underdark
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Edain Shadowstar
Senior Scribe

USA
455 Posts

Posted - 11 Jun 2003 :  03:16:45  Show Profile  Visit Edain Shadowstar's Homepage Send Edain Shadowstar a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Well, not too long ago the good people at BioWare announced the title of their next expansion (XP2) at E3 in mid May. Now, this may be old news to some (I am a bit behind the times; I was out of town for a while), but I wondered what everyone else thinks about what is guaranteed to be Drow, Drow, and more Drow. I mean, at this point it's just getting obscene. I like Drow and all, but enough is enough, don't ya think? Of course BioWare has yet to announce any specifics (or for that matter general information), but I would say it is fair to surmise that this is where the expansion is going.

Edain Shadowstar
Archwizard of Rel Astra and Waterdeep

"Mmm…pie…"
- Gaius Solarian, Captain General

Zacas
Learned Scribe

USA
261 Posts

Posted - 11 Jun 2003 :  04:02:06  Show Profile  Visit Zacas's Homepage Send Zacas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
well sure it'll probably deal with the drow, but there are a lotta other races in the underdark... maybe it'll go in line with the 'Underdark' FR game accessory that's coming out later this year

I am like a superhero, with no powers or motivation.
I have gone to find myself. If I get back before I return, please keep me here.
People like you are the reason people like me are on medication.
Go to Top of Page

Yasraena
Senior Scribe

USA
388 Posts

Posted - 11 Jun 2003 :  19:33:53  Show Profile  Visit Yasraena's Homepage Send Yasraena a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, it could be very cool if they do an Underdark setting instead of a Drow setting. As Zacas said, there are many more races besides Drow down there. Even though they didn't focus on the Drow in the original game, there are enough fan made modules out there that do, so it realy isn't neccessary to focus just on them.
Regardless of what they focus on, if they don't do away with the level cap, I'll probably won't buy it.

"Nindyn vel'uss malar verin z'klaen tlu kyone ulu naut doera nindel vel'bolen nind malar."
Yasraena T'Sarran
Harper of Silverymoon

Edited by - Yasraena on 01 Jul 2003 08:39:21
Go to Top of Page

Edial
Acolyte

Romania
16 Posts

Posted - 30 Jun 2003 :  17:43:53  Show Profile  Visit Edial's Homepage Send Edial a Private Message  Reply with Quote
it`s deffo going to feature drow, drow and (you guessed it) more drow. i doubt bioware has other plans, but let`s not foresee the future, but carefully wait for it.

as far as i`m concerned, i`d rather like to see some games featuring kara-tur or maztica. those would be far more original than yet_another_drow_game or anything similar. :)

ah, the level cap can be removed (using some rather 'unorthodox' methods) as far as i know. :P

Edial Lyonson, proud Silverstar of Selune.
Go to Top of Page

Yasraena
Senior Scribe

USA
388 Posts

Posted - 01 Jul 2003 :  08:43:36  Show Profile  Visit Yasraena's Homepage Send Yasraena a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Really?
Care to email me and share the knowledge? I would be grateful!
yasraena@marksreality.com

"Nindyn vel'uss malar verin z'klaen tlu kyone ulu naut doera nindel vel'bolen nind malar."
Yasraena T'Sarran
Harper of Silverymoon
Go to Top of Page

Edial
Acolyte

Romania
16 Posts

Posted - 01 Jul 2003 :  10:15:14  Show Profile  Visit Edial's Homepage Send Edial a Private Message  Reply with Quote
But of course, my lady, glad to be of assistance.

Edial Lyonson, proud Silverstar of Selune.
Go to Top of Page

Yasraena
Senior Scribe

USA
388 Posts

Posted - 02 Jul 2003 :  05:51:25  Show Profile  Visit Yasraena's Homepage Send Yasraena a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the info Edial, but my version is 1.30 since the Undrentide install. Just have to keep my eye out for the latest hack for it, I guess.
Thanks for trying!

Yasraena T'Sarran
Harper of Silverymoon
Go to Top of Page

Tombo
Seeker

56 Posts

Posted - 02 Jul 2003 :  23:25:54  Show Profile  Visit Tombo's Homepage Send Tombo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hey guys,
It's been a while since I've been on Candlekeep. My employer has kept me in a dungeon of sorts. Anyway, is this new expansion pack (or whatever it is) in stores yet?

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 03 Jul 2003 :  11:09:55  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Tombo, it is an expansion pack for the NWN game. It has not been released yet, as it is scheduled for release in the third quarter of this year.

Click here for more details.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Tombo
Seeker

56 Posts

Posted - 09 Jul 2003 :  13:42:55  Show Profile  Visit Tombo's Homepage Send Tombo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Actually, I just bought it this weekend. It's pretty good so far. I like the enhancement of having the NPC's interacting a little more. I can hardly wait to start building some modules.
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 09 Jul 2003 :  14:51:02  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Strange, it hasn't been released here yet .

Go to Top of Page

Yasraena
Senior Scribe

USA
388 Posts

Posted - 09 Jul 2003 :  18:54:25  Show Profile  Visit Yasraena's Homepage Send Yasraena a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Tombo, are you talking about Shadows of Undrendtide or Hordes of the Underdark? SoU was just released about 2 weeks ago here. Hordes doesn't even have a release date yet.

Yasraena T'Sarran
Harper of Silverymoon
Go to Top of Page

MuadDib
Senior Scribe

South Africa
442 Posts

Posted - 10 Jul 2003 :  07:55:20  Show Profile  Visit MuadDib's Homepage Send MuadDib a Private Message  Reply with Quote
i think he must mean Shadows of Undertide...

and the thing with drow is, with the proliferation of evil in the world, Drow has become a magic words of sorts. People generally acclaim them to be the most powerful of all races, thus their appeal

As long as i am killing plenty of the evil ones in the game, im happy

MuadDib - Candlekeep Inn Barhand
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 10 Jul 2003 :  08:32:43  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
For me, I don't really think the Drow are any more of an 'evil' species than most other denizens of both the Underdark and the surface. Mind Flayers on the other hand, well now these I see as totally vile, and horribly evil. You really only need to take into consideration the methods that they use to continue the proliferation of their species.

Edited by - The Sage on 10 Jul 2003 14:23:51
Go to Top of Page

MuadDib
Senior Scribe

South Africa
442 Posts

Posted - 10 Jul 2003 :  14:09:43  Show Profile  Visit MuadDib's Homepage Send MuadDib a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Aye, indeed. Ye can add them to my 'To-Kill' list as well

as far as evil is concerned though, im tired of seeing so many undead playing the field, time to start production of some weapons of disruption methinks

MuadDib - Candlekeep Inn Barhand
Go to Top of Page

The Exile
Acolyte

Turkey
3 Posts

Posted - 02 Aug 2003 :  23:09:44  Show Profile  Visit The Exile's Homepage Send The Exile a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well perhaps it will be hordes of rothe.

In all the world of the drow, there is no more important word. It is the calling of their-of our-religion, the incessant pulling of hungering heartstrings. Ambition overrides good sense and compassion is thrown away in its face, all in the name of Lloth, the Spider Queen....
Go to Top of Page

William of Waterdeep
Senior Scribe

USA
829 Posts

Posted - 11 Sep 2003 :  20:09:16  Show Profile  Visit William of Waterdeep's Homepage Send William of Waterdeep a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Any official estimated release date that is more specific than the third Quarter of this year? I couldn't find any myself,anyone else?

Courage isn't the lack of fear but rather believing in and doing what you know is right even though fear is present.

Go to Top of Page

Lord Rad
Great Reader

United Kingdom
2080 Posts

Posted - 12 Sep 2003 :  17:02:27  Show Profile  Visit Lord Rad's Homepage Send Lord Rad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The latest I heard was a November release.

Lord Rad

"What? No, I wasn't reading your module. I was just looking at the pictures"
Go to Top of Page

William of Waterdeep
Senior Scribe

USA
829 Posts

Posted - 12 Sep 2003 :  17:49:26  Show Profile  Visit William of Waterdeep's Homepage Send William of Waterdeep a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks Rad.Thats not bad since they just released an expansion but the sooner the better.

Courage isn't the lack of fear but rather believing in and doing what you know is right even though fear is present.

Go to Top of Page

htoburen
Acolyte

USA
13 Posts

Posted - 17 Sep 2003 :  22:33:52  Show Profile  Visit htoburen's Homepage Send htoburen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Is it true that the Neverwinter Nights game, in only twoplayer if you play it offline. Yuck...

Someone please tell me what the toolkit is like?? I'm trying to find a mapper that can show the differently textured walls, and doors, archways, pssthroughs, etc. that were featured ion the Original Pool of radiance, Curse of the Azure Bonds, etc. So far noot having any luck, though the dungeon crafter seems to be the best I'm hoping there will be improvements in the next version. But that seems to have come to a standstill as far as I can tell.

Or maybe there is a better amapper and I don't know about it?

I have been having trouble getting to the site in the US and I wonder if anyone who replies coud also email me. htoburen@yahoo.com and put d&D in the subhject line please... (Guess why?)
Go to Top of Page

htoburen
Acolyte

USA
13 Posts

Posted - 17 Sep 2003 :  23:34:30  Show Profile  Visit htoburen's Homepage Send htoburen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ah yes, Commodore 64's. I have you all beat. I not only still have mine and they operate, but I can and do program them. I can do that, but not the mac and pc's I have now!

What is really irritating is that I had and have all of the forgotten realms games on it and never played them! But I still have them and I think I will go and compare them. The neat thing about that machine was that you could just go look at the save with a sector editor and make yourself whatever you wanted to be or to have. (I never did that, of course. But I did multiply gold now and then..)

htoburen@yahoo.com

ps. Does anyone know anything about "Ruins of Adventure". It is advertised as a pc game on the back of my clue book for Pools of Radiance, but i csnnot find sny anywhere? Or any indication that it was ever issued.
Go to Top of Page

William of Waterdeep
Senior Scribe

USA
829 Posts

Posted - 30 Sep 2003 :  04:46:46  Show Profile  Visit William of Waterdeep's Homepage Send William of Waterdeep a Private Message  Reply with Quote
htoburen just in case you decide to look in on this post.
you say you have dungeon crafter,have you tried any of the Doom
dungeon maps.You used to be able to download them.
http://wouter.fov120.com/maps/doom/favdoom.html
Also see if you can use the IE Tileset Map Editor (IETME)v2.2.2 from Team BG.
>>http://www.teambg.net/?page=tools/graphicalarea

Go to Top of Page

William of Waterdeep
Senior Scribe

USA
829 Posts

Posted - 20 Oct 2003 :  06:10:54  Show Profile  Visit William of Waterdeep's Homepage Send William of Waterdeep a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Okay this expansion is supposed to be out soon right?What is the lastest.

Go to Top of Page

Hastur
Acolyte

Canada
1 Posts

Posted - 21 Dec 2003 :  16:05:58  Show Profile  Visit Hastur's Homepage Send Hastur a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I was wondering if you could email me the info for removing the level cap in underdark. I'm in the process of creating a new module for the game which has many items requiring higher than level 40. I figure it's be nice to play and not kill almost everything with one or two hits...:) Any help would be muchly appreciated.

psychokenetic@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

Yasraena
Senior Scribe

USA
388 Posts

Posted - 21 Dec 2003 :  21:17:35  Show Profile  Visit Yasraena's Homepage Send Yasraena a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hastur

I was wondering if you could email me the info for removing the level cap in underdark. I'm in the process of creating a new module for the game which has many items requiring higher than level 40. I figure it's be nice to play and not kill almost everything with one or two hits...:) Any help would be muchly appreciated.

psychokenetic@hotmail.com

I don't think anyone has created one for this expansion yet Hastur, it only being out about a month now.
If you happen to find one though, definitely post it.

Yasraena T'Sarran
Harper of Silverymoon
Go to Top of Page

The Cardinal
Senior Scribe

Canada
647 Posts

Posted - 21 Dec 2003 :  22:36:37  Show Profile  Visit The Cardinal's Homepage Send The Cardinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My Friends of The Hordes of the Underdark (and possibly in Shadows of Underentide) I have come to bless you with a most joyous miracle! One that should not be dismissed, nor ignored. Recently, while playing Underentide (with the HoU installed I do not know if it would work with simply SoU so let me know) I came upon the Statue of The Elven god Corellion Larethian, creator of Elves, in the Elvish Crypt in chapter One. Being to God's hater that I am, (and not a very devout elf anyways) I pretended to Pray faithfully. I was rewared with a Curse. In anger I spit on that statue again and again. I was shocked to say the least when all but one stat was reduced to 3... My dex however had jumped up a bit....TO 255!!!! Thus granting me a 122 BONUS!!!!! Wether the trade off was worth it I do not know. But Cast off your old beliefs and be saved!

It has to be Certain, the Gods Hate Me. For whatever irrevokable Fate, I have been made the walking Joke. Either that, or Beshaba is overlyfond Of Me.
-Unknown
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000