Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Chamber of Sages
 Questions for George Krashos
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 42

Jakk
Great Reader

Canada
2165 Posts

Posted - 30 Nov 2008 :  08:55:50  Show Profile Send Jakk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The poisons article is very interesting... I don't suppose you have a 3E version, do you? If not, no worries; I'll convert it myself; I still have my 4E core books, despite my best efforts, thanks to my reluctance to mete out physical punishment against them.

If there's interest, I'll post my conversion when done (probably to a new scroll; no point in it creating clutter in space better used for questions)... unless someone else beats me to it, of course.

Playing in the Realms since the Old Grey Box (1987)... and *still* having fun with material published before 2008, despite the NDA'd lore.

If it's comparable in power with non-magical abilities, it's not magic.

Edited by - Jakk on 30 Nov 2008 08:58:06
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6638 Posts

Posted - 30 Nov 2008 :  10:42:47  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Eric Boyd did 3E stats for the poisons out of the book known as the Nathlum for "Waterdeep: City of Splendors" but they didn't survive the editorial cut. As they aren't my creation, I can't share them.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 30 Nov 2008 :  19:01:20  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The words 'Editorial Cuts' make me cringe. I can just imagine the shear volume of wonderful FR lore that none of us ever get to see.

I'm also truly sad to hear that both Brian and yourself are 'being ignored' - this gives me very little hope for the new Realms (something I have slowly been warming up to).

With Eberron 2.0 just months away, I have a VERY bad feeling their interests lie elsewhere ATM. As usual, I hope I'm wrong.

On the bright side, WotC's loss is our gain, and we really appreciate anything you can share that never made it into any official products... you're love of the Realms is like a 'lighthouse of hope' in a storm of uncertainty.

Okay.. that was a wee bit Maudlin... but you get the idea.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Edited by - Markustay on 01 Dec 2008 02:10:45
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6638 Posts

Posted - 30 Nov 2008 :  22:41:11  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I wouldn't describe it as "being ignored" - they likely just didn't think much of my article proposal. Personally I thought it weas a neat, short article that people could strip the FR elements out of and use for generic campaigns whilst retaining a bit of FR flavour for the fans. But then again, what do I know.

I do miss the personal contact you used to get from the Paizo crew however. You'd send through 5 or 6 article ideas and they'd e-mail back with a "yep interested, nope not interested" and even sometimes a "interested in you doing 'this', how about it?" response.

I feel that in some ways I'm having to prove myself all over again with submissions to WotC and I have no direct point of contact with anyone there. Their "don't call us, we'll call you" article submission model is no doubt very practical and useful from their point of view, but I can't think how it engenders anything other than impersonal discouragement in prospective submitters and writers. Paizo was always great at telling you what articles they were or weren't looking for. WotC are a tabula rasa in that regard.

Given my experience with contacting and trying to get a response from WotC about unrelated matters earlier this year which I won't go into on the boards, such ongoing personal contact and feedback to the fans doesn't appear to be happening - at least in my case. I hope that Brian and Eytan are having a better experience in that regard.

It is worrying however that the December Dragon issue appears to have zero FR content other than "Living" stuff. My attitude to FR adventures in Dungeon has always been fairly ambivalent. It begs the question ... where's all that "FR support" in the DDI that was promised?

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

Purple Dragon Knight
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1796 Posts

Posted - 01 Dec 2008 :  01:39:49  Show Profile Send Purple Dragon Knight a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Krash, two questions:

1. Do you have these in 3.5 rules version?

2. A lot of PCs are "immune to poison" due to class abilities, heroes' feast spell, etc. Any poison out there that goes through that damn poison resistance? (i.e. a poison that's not really a poison? :P )

Cheers, and let me know if you want me to herald/bard you up with the Paizo folks...
Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 01 Dec 2008 :  02:16:52  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just a suggestion - hit them with a poison that's not a poison (as you've mentioned), like an intelligent virus, or an alchemical substance. Acid isn't a poison, but you still don't want to get hit with that (just imagine a weapon coated in Lye).

P.S. - Sorry for the commentary in George's thread.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Edited by - Markustay on 16 Dec 2008 05:45:08
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6638 Posts

Posted - 01 Dec 2008 :  03:34:24  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Commentary is fine.

Nope, other than the Nathlum poisons which Eric statted up but will never see the light of day now, I haven't turned my head to doing 3.5E stats for the others.

As for poison immunity, that's where the 'real world' and magic clash somewhat. Ed and Jeff Grubb dealt with this problem cleverly in "Cormyr: A Novel" but their way isn't something that can be used all the time.

One thing you might consider doing is having such things as "magical poisons". All magic is ranked and specific spells/effects can be crafted and tailored to avoid other spells and effects. My view is that you could have poisons which are created alchemically, but enhanced magically and specifically tailored to 'trump' things like 'Heroes Feast'.

-- George Krashos

Go to Top of Page

Lord Karsus
Great Reader

USA
3736 Posts

Posted - 02 Dec 2008 :  02:09:15  Show Profile Send Lord Karsus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
-Would you happen to have anything more on the "lore side" of that Elven poison, there (Srindym)?

-Oh, and one more thing, if you don't mind. With the Thaelkiira stuff, since we know the definition of Kiira, Thael would be 'mantle'? Just want to be sure and all...

(A Tri-Partite Arcanist Who Has Forgotten More Than Most Will Ever Know)

Elves of Faerūn
Vol I- The Elves of Faerūn
Vol. III- Spells of the Elves
Vol. VI- Mechanical Compendium

Edited by - Lord Karsus on 02 Dec 2008 02:13:27
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6638 Posts

Posted - 02 Dec 2008 :  04:04:56  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dagnirion

-Would you happen to have anything more on the "lore side" of that Elven poison, there (Srindym)?

-Oh, and one more thing, if you don't mind. With the Thaelkiira stuff, since we know the definition of Kiira, Thael would be 'mantle'? Just want to be sure and all...

Lore-wise, Srindym is only mentioned once - in one of the vignettes of "Elminster in Hell" as I recall. Ed is the only person who can give you more lore on it. What type of information were you after?

And yes, you can take "thael" to mean 'mantle' but it more accurately means 'ward' or 'warding'. The concept of 'mantles' to the elves is defined by mythal magic and large area effects. Personal 'mantles' are seen to be more in the vein of wards and in most elven cultures, tied into gemstones as showcased.

-- George Krashos

Go to Top of Page

Lord Karsus
Great Reader

USA
3736 Posts

Posted - 02 Dec 2008 :  05:13:04  Show Profile Send Lord Karsus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos

Lore-wise, Srindym is only mentioned once - in one of the vignettes of "Elminster in Hell" as I recall. Ed is the only person who can give you more lore on it. What type of information were you after?

-Wasn't even aware of that. I'll go bark up the right tree, then.

quote:

And yes, you can take "thael" to mean 'mantle' but it more accurately means 'ward' or 'warding'.

-Thank you, thank you.

(A Tri-Partite Arcanist Who Has Forgotten More Than Most Will Ever Know)

Elves of Faerūn
Vol I- The Elves of Faerūn
Vol. III- Spells of the Elves
Vol. VI- Mechanical Compendium
Go to Top of Page

Gelcur
Senior Scribe

499 Posts

Posted - 04 Dec 2008 :  05:26:23  Show Profile  Visit Gelcur's Homepage Send Gelcur a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hey George I found this comment you made on a thread while I was searching for info on Iron Throne.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Skeptic

Someone knows why so many entries were written on the end of the Iron Throne ?

It was a timeline that failed to make the editorial cut for "Power of Faerūn". Eric and I suggested it go in and Kim Mohan did the rest.

-- George Krashos

I was wondering if you had any more information on this timeline. It seems a bit confusing. Lords of Darkness and Power of Faerun both have Sfena disappearing in 1371 DR due to Maready her lieutenant. But the timeline in Grand History says she did not disappear until 1374 DR when Dabron and the Knights of the Shield.

Any insight on these events? Or maybe a direction to look in for further information? Thanks.

The party come to a town befallen by hysteria

Rogue: So what's in the general store?
DM: What are you looking for?
Rogue: Whatevers in the store.
DM: Like what?
Rogue: Everything.
DM: There is a lot of stuff.
Rogue: Is there a cart outside?
DM: (rolls) Yes.
Rogue: We'll take it all, we may need it for the greater good.
Go to Top of Page

Jakk
Great Reader

Canada
2165 Posts

Posted - 14 Dec 2008 :  20:35:06  Show Profile Send Jakk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Is there any scenario in which the aforementioned Nathlum poisons statted by Eric *would* see the light of day? Just curious...

Playing in the Realms since the Old Grey Box (1987)... and *still* having fun with material published before 2008, despite the NDA'd lore.

Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6638 Posts

Posted - 15 Dec 2008 :  01:11:37  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jakk

Is there any scenario in which the aforementioned Nathlum poisons statted by Eric *would* see the light of day? Just curious...

When I think about it ... no. Sorry.

I really have to stop mentioning all this 'floating' stuff.

-- George Krashos

Go to Top of Page

Dewaint
Learned Scribe

Germany
148 Posts

Posted - 15 Dec 2008 :  20:47:32  Show Profile Send Dewaint a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Krash,

please allow me to ask for some lore about the Hill of lost Tombs, the Citadel of Conjurers and the village(?) of Songhall in the Kingdom of Impiltur.

Wonder if you have any additional lore about the Vault of Seven Mysteries that got not published on the Dragon #346(really wounderfull) article, beside the lore mentioned in outstanding "Demihuman & Deities". Well, maybe somthing like from where the gnomes comes that attend the services to Baravar Cloakshadow, are they presumed to be the offsprings of the ones who dug the tunnels below Rawlinswood? Do they trade with nearby villages, is there any Gnome of note?
With the Citadel of Conjurers nearby, did they ever by chance stumbled over a demoncyst? How far goes the underground tunnels? do they reach the outskirts or some forgotten dungeon level of the Citadel?
Assuming Songhall a little village, I can imagine a detachment of Warswords there or even some Knights of Imphras II(CoV) watching closely the surrounding area.

Any small chunk of lore is greatly appreciated, thanks in advance
Go to Top of Page

Ionik Knight
Learned Scribe

USA
222 Posts

Posted - 16 Dec 2008 :  03:15:52  Show Profile  Visit Ionik Knight's Homepage Send Ionik Knight a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ordered Dragon 346 from Paizo today. I'll hold off most of my questions until I have the opportunity to read it. In the meantime, is the Monastery of the Yellow Rose considered part of Impiltur or Damara? Is there info about the monastery in your Dragon article? And do you know anything about the adventure hook for it in The Bloodstone Lands pg 61 "Into the Catacombs"? It discusses an amulet in the sealed off tombs that is continually casting "Raise Dead"...I assume this is supposed to be Animate Dead. At any rate I figured this meant the item is intelligent or a minor artifact or something. Any canon info or other thoughts?

Thanks in advance
Ionik Knight

Fools to right of them,
Jesters to left of them,
Clowns in front of them
Pun'd and parody'd.
Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 16 Dec 2008 :  05:50:34  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm guessing the Monastery is independent of any nation, but it does have canon ties to Damara through Kale.

Go to Top of Page

Dewaint
Learned Scribe

Germany
148 Posts

Posted - 16 Dec 2008 :  07:24:54  Show Profile Send Dewaint a Private Message  Reply with Quote
found in a Realms-list of 2003 this entry:
968DR Year of the wandering Gnome
Gnomes of Clan Goldburrow establish the Vault of Seven Mysteries, a hidden temple to the gnomish deity Baravar, beneath the Hill of Tombs ...

Am puzzling a bit if this is meant to be canon 'cause it is not mentioned by The Grand History of The Realms (the WotC published one)

@Ionik Knight
As far as I know the Monastery is covered to some amount in FR9 Blodstonelands. Found nothing about in Krash's Dragon article so far.
Go to Top of Page

Sian
Senior Scribe

Denmark
596 Posts

Posted - 16 Dec 2008 :  09:49:43  Show Profile  Visit Sian's Homepage Send Sian a Private Message  Reply with Quote
proberly a miss but you really should throw it after brian instead of George :)

what happened to the queen? she's much more hysterical than usual
She's a women, it happens once a month
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6638 Posts

Posted - 16 Dec 2008 :  10:06:50  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ionik Knight

Ordered Dragon 346 from Paizo today. I'll hold off most of my questions until I have the opportunity to read it. In the meantime, is the Monastery of the Yellow Rose considered part of Impiltur or Damara? Is there info about the monastery in your Dragon article? And do you know anything about the adventure hook for it in The Bloodstone Lands pg 61 "Into the Catacombs"? It discusses an amulet in the sealed off tombs that is continually casting "Raise Dead"...I assume this is supposed to be Animate Dead. At any rate I figured this meant the item is intelligent or a minor artifact or something. Any canon info or other thoughts?

Thanks in advance
Ionik Knight

I always considered the Monastery of the Yellow Rose to be more Damaran than Impilturian and on that basis it didn't get a mention in my article. Given how much I had to cut out in any event, the place wouldn't have made it in there anyway other than a passing mention.

-- George Krashos

Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6638 Posts

Posted - 16 Dec 2008 :  10:12:47  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dewaint

found in a Realms-list of 2003 this entry:
968DR Year of the wandering Gnome
Gnomes of Clan Goldburrow establish the Vault of Seven Mysteries, a hidden temple to the gnomish deity Baravar, beneath the Hill of Tombs ...

Am puzzling a bit if this is meant to be canon 'cause it is not mentioned by The Grand History of The Realms (the WotC published one)

@Ionik Knight
As far as I know the Monastery is covered to some amount in FR9 Blodstonelands. Found nothing about in Krash's Dragon article so far.

That entry is mine and from the unpublished "Unapproachable East Timeline". It didn't make it into the GHotR for the same reason as much of my other work didn't - the product was Brian's baby in the sense that his timeline was the basis of the product and there wasn't sufficient time/space to add in too many further dates.

-- George Krashos

Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6638 Posts

Posted - 16 Dec 2008 :  11:11:51  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Hi Krash,

Please allow me to ask for some lore about the Hill of lost Tombs, the Citadel of Conjurers and the village(?) of Songhal in the Kingdom of Impiltur.

Wonder if you have any additional lore about the Vault of Seven Mysteries that got not published on the Dragon #346(really wounderfull) article, beside the lore mentioned in outstanding "Demihuman & Deities". Well, maybe somthing like from where the gnomes comes that attend the services to Baravar Cloakshadow, are they presumed to be the offsprings of the ones who dug the tunnels below Rawlinswood? Do they trade with nearby villages, is there any Gnome of note?

Well as mentioned by Ionik Knight, the gnomes of Clan Goldburrow travelled to and built the Vault of Seven Mysteries in the Year of the Wandering Gnome (968 DR).

As you surmise, the reason for their exodus was indeed the hobgoblin presence in the shallow delves bordering the Rawlinswood and Giantspire Mountains, for Clan Goldburrow was the last of the gnome clans to live and mine in the area.

The gnomes travelled to the Hill of Tombs (not Lost Tombs, although there are indeed a few lost tombs located there) under the guidance of visions sent to the then high priest of Baravar (Nardol "The Shiftveil" Goldburrow) by the Sly One himself. It is said that he imparted to Nardol the secrets behind the "Seven Mysteries" (a central dogma of the church but an incomplete one - for gnome religious scholars and sages argue as to just what mysteries have been revealed to date and how they impact on the worship of Baravar - all agree on the "First Mystery": 'Nothing is at it seems', and many subscribe to the Second Mystery as being 'A seeming is fleeting' but further revelations regarding the Seven Mysteries spin off into the realms of conjecture) but Nardol was slain in the Year of the Slaying Spells (976 DR) when he sought to intervene (and some say manipulate from afar) a spell duel between the archmage Galthrin "the Bonemaster" Tholiard, a renegade of Milvarune, and the elven spellseer Malioth of Evereska which took place atop the Hill of Tombs. Galthrin was seeking the burial mound of the Princess Naerthila of Larlotha for his own nefarious ends and warning contingencies summoned Malioth (a descendant and kin of Naerthila) that someone or something was seeking to desecrate her resting place. In the spell tumult that followed Nardol was rent asunder when his undetected presence saw his protective wards clash with a convergence of battle spells that made him dust in an eyeblink.

Since that day, the Vault of Seven Mysteries has remained a place of pilgrimage for worshippers of Baravar and those seeking the enlightenment of the Seven Mysteries, for Nardol is said to whisper still into the minds of the devout who come to attain the secrets of the faith.

The gnomes of the temple do indeed interact with nearby human settlements for trade (foodstuffs mostly) but only in disguise. To the humans who live in the area, there aren't any gnomes living anywhere near the Hill of Tombs. In the nearby villages of Fylbor (named for a particular spice mix created there and still used in cooking throughout the Easting Reach) and Markbrook there are two 'humans' (Old Jaethar the potter and Garast, a local game hunter) who are actually gnomes in disguise who act as the main conduits for the temple and the surrounding environs. Often passing trade wagons that come to turnride ("weekly") markets are gnomes in disguise buying food and other wares with gold coinage which is mined and minted beneath the temple in very small delves (as the vein is not large but quite pure). Of course, the gnomes of the Vault of Seven Mysteries make some of the best Impilturian coins this side of Hlammach where the real Royal Mint is located. Counterfeiting is something that gnome worshippers of Baravar consider to be "business as usual".

quote:
With the Citadel of Conjurers nearby, did they ever by chance stumbled over a demoncyst? How far goes the underground tunnels? do they reach the outskirts or some forgotten dungeon level of the Citadel?

The maps are deceptive in that the Hill of Tombs is not all that close to the Citadel. Whilst it is likely that the two are linked by underground ways, such tunnels go deep into the Underdark before coming back up to their respective destinations.

The gnomes have in their time stumbled over a few demoncysts but nothing containing any creature of note (a chasme or a handful of dretch are the worst beings they have encountered). Not every demoncyst holds a balor!

As for dungeon levels, the Citadel has many (at least 4 of which 1 is 'hidden' in that it is not directly connected to the others) but the whole citadel is a system of wards (some placed by the original Narfelli builders, some by Raumathari infiltrator squads in the dying days of both realms, some placed by inhabitants - mostly fiendish - and some by travellers and explorers since the time the Citadel was abandoned) which prevent easy travel between levels and entrances/exits. A multiplicity of ward tokens are required (and yes, there are 'master' tokens but they are rare and scattered to the winds since the fall of Narfell. Popular legend has it that one of the fabled swords of Soargar's Legacy - Ninethil "the Opener" - has just such a master ward token attacked to its pommel, but that sword and token were lost with Imbrar centuries ago.

quote:
Assuming Songhall a little village, I can imagine a detachment of Warswords there or even some Knights of Imphras II(CoV) watching closely the surrounding area.

Any small chunk of lore is greatly appreciated, thanks in advance

Songhal is a place of growing importance since the establishment of the new High Herald Silver Stag there. There is a 'warpoint' of the Warswords permanantly stationed there (a 'warpoint' is a force of 100 warblades, 5 warswords, and an alorn leader) and occasional contingents of knights of Imphras II pass through the town, especially if there are dignitaries or ambassadors who wish to call on the High Herald.

I hope the above has been useful.

-- George Krashos

Edited by - George Krashos on 16 Dec 2008 11:15:04
Go to Top of Page

Dewaint
Learned Scribe

Germany
148 Posts

Posted - 16 Dec 2008 :  20:05:23  Show Profile Send Dewaint a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

more than that ... more than that
Great stuff, and will be quite useful for a forthcoming quest campaign centered on a particular Gnome PC

thank you for the quick answer!
Go to Top of Page

Dewaint
Learned Scribe

Germany
148 Posts

Posted - 16 Dec 2008 :  20:45:40  Show Profile Send Dewaint a Private Message  Reply with Quote
ah ... BTW may a add a quick one?

Around the current year of your Dragon article (should be 1374/1375DR, right?), are there any activities of the Shadowmasters of Telflamm worth to be mentioned?
If I remember correctly the Shadowmasters were trying to gain a foodhold, or expand their sphere of influence on some of the Impilturian costal cities.
Go to Top of Page

Jakk
Great Reader

Canada
2165 Posts

Posted - 21 Dec 2008 :  04:00:36  Show Profile Send Jakk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Jakk

When I think about it ... no. Sorry.

I really have to stop mentioning all this 'floating' stuff.

-- George Krashos

That's fine, George... the more 'floating' stuff we hear about, the more we understand the function of WotC as a black hole for lore. I'm apoplectic about the rumoured write-up on the thirteen red pyramids under Ascore that was apparently cut from LEoF, not to mention the Cormyr lineage... oops, I mentioned it. Sorry. For the good of the Realms, more of said 'floating' stuff needs to 'float' into the public domain. If 4E Realms is as unpopular overall as it seems to be around here, might it happen legitimately? I fear and dread it, but the cancellation of the Realms product line might now be the only way outside of Candlekeep's conduit to Ed and the other designers (thank you again, Ed, THO, George, and everyone else with a scroll in the Chamber of Sages) for us to get any more information about the world, apart from creating it ourselves, which most of us have precious little time to do. By the time 5E rolls around, The Realms may be a corporate trade secret of Wizbro in their entirety, if ownership hasn't changed by then.

I had an equally paranoid closing statement for this, but it started to get silly... if the above hasn't already done so. I just hope I'm wrong about my predictions.

Edited by - Jakk on 21 Dec 2008 04:06:16
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6638 Posts

Posted - 21 Dec 2008 :  08:01:03  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well there are only two conduits for creating pre-Spellplague lore now - fansites like this one and your own imagination. Both are (other than the musings of Ed) less than official.

"Official" 4E lore will no doubt be showcased in Dragon magazine. Then again, I'm not a subscriber, so I'll let you all tell me how good it is when and if it is published.

-- George Krashos

Edited by - George Krashos on 21 Dec 2008 08:01:53
Go to Top of Page

Ionik Knight
Learned Scribe

USA
222 Posts

Posted - 21 Dec 2008 :  23:51:27  Show Profile  Visit Ionik Knight's Homepage Send Ionik Knight a Private Message  Reply with Quote

[/quote]

I'm apoplectic about the rumoured write-up on the thirteen red pyramids under Ascore that was apparently cut from LEoF,
[/quote]

(Deafening HOWL erupts through the halls of Candlekeep)
There's an NDA buried write-up on the pyramids?
Where, exactly, is the publishing office for WotC? Me and my good friend Slugger of Louisville would like to pay them a friendly visit.

Fools to right of them,
Jesters to left of them,
Clowns in front of them
Pun'd and parody'd.
Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 23 Dec 2008 :  19:17:29  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Physical threats against WotC employees - even in jest - is inappropriate.

GK, gonna Email you for some of those corrections to the map, since peeps seem to be using them, much to our mutual happiness.

Edited by - Markustay on 23 Dec 2008 19:18:18
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 23 Dec 2008 :  22:33:37  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes, Ionik, will have none of that here. Please refrain from making such statements in the future.

I suggest you review the Candlekeep Code of Conduct on the matter, when you have the time.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6638 Posts

Posted - 23 Dec 2008 :  23:52:33  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

GK, gonna Email you for some of those corrections to the map, since peeps seem to be using them, much to our mutual happiness.

Feel free. Given the time of year I might just have time to respond!

-- George Krashos

Go to Top of Page

Jakk
Great Reader

Canada
2165 Posts

Posted - 24 Dec 2008 :  07:06:47  Show Profile Send Jakk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

<chop>
... Often passing trade wagons that come to turnride ("weekly") markets are gnomes in disguise buying food and other wares with gold coinage which is mined and minted beneath the temple in very small delves (as the vein is not large but quite pure). Of course, the gnomes of the Vault of Seven Mysteries make some of the best Impilturian coins this side of Hlammach where the real Royal Mint is located. Counterfeiting is something that gnome worshippers of Baravar consider to be "business as usual".

<snip>

-- George Krashos

Very useful indeed, but it inspires another question: Is it really counterfeiting if they're using real and pure (as possible) gold? The coins are still gold, and it's the gold that has the value in an economy such as Faerun's... unless pumping more coinage into the system devalues the coinage in a sort of inflationary effect. I didn't study mediaeval economics, so I could be entirely off-target here.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 42 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000