Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Software
 "Etools"
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Malanthius
Learned Scribe

144 Posts

Posted - 27 Jul 2003 :  22:51:45  Show Profile  Visit Malanthius's Homepage Send Malanthius a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Okay, just found out about this program from the site, has anyone here ever tried it and if so, is it worth the cost?

Mal.

"Oh, Do stop whining, It's not the End of the World. It's just the end of Your's."

Salabasha
Learned Scribe

Portugal
216 Posts

Posted - 27 Jul 2003 :  23:05:05  Show Profile  Visit Salabasha's Homepage Send Salabasha a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Could you make a link?

Life is like a box of chocolates. Once you eat the poisoned one you die.
Go to Top of Page

Malanthius
Learned Scribe

144 Posts

Posted - 27 Jul 2003 :  23:17:14  Show Profile  Visit Malanthius's Homepage Send Malanthius a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ooops. This scroll was already written. Sorry! http://www.candlekeep.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=312

"Oh, Do stop whining, It's not the End of the World. It's just the end of Your's."
Go to Top of Page

Salabasha
Learned Scribe

Portugal
216 Posts

Posted - 28 Jul 2003 :  00:11:16  Show Profile  Visit Salabasha's Homepage Send Salabasha a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I say that is a lot of links (the main site). It is obviously D&D related. Just to fill in my weary head, what exactly is the purpose of it?

Life is like a box of chocolates. Once you eat the poisoned one you die.
Go to Top of Page

Malanthius
Learned Scribe

144 Posts

Posted - 28 Jul 2003 :  00:28:34  Show Profile  Visit Malanthius's Homepage Send Malanthius a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It was originally supposed to be the final version of the character generator program included in the 3E players Handbook. That would have basicly been everything a Dungeon Master needed to create a campaign. I heard it was delayed though, and for some reason they weren't able to include a mapping program...

Mal.

Go to Top of Page

Trafaldi
Learned Scribe

264 Posts

Posted - 30 Sep 2003 :  02:35:32  Show Profile  Visit Trafaldi's Homepage Send Trafaldi a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I must drag this up again, are these worth it.

Some believe there is something more after death, if you really want to find out... go kill yourself and stop pestering me.
Go to Top of Page

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2965 Posts

Posted - 30 Sep 2003 :  05:18:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Having a copy, I can tell you honestly no. A horrible interface, seemingly no support, and a list of bugs the length of your arm make it hell to work with. If you used the 2e Core Rules CD, you'll be very disappointed. For some reason, Wizards decided to try something different, instead of simply updating the 2e Core Rules program to 3e. I have a myriad of D&D programs akin to E-Tools, and time and time again, I find myself returning to the 2e Core Rules CD.
Go to Top of Page

William of Waterdeep
Senior Scribe

USA
829 Posts

Posted - 30 Sep 2003 :  16:02:17  Show Profile  Visit William of Waterdeep's Homepage Send William of Waterdeep a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have never used E-tools but I have basically heard the same thing that Arivia says from other people and even in a PS forum.
http://boards1.wizards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=99847
I use the cd and upgraded it here. http://www.wizards.com/dnd/article.asp?x=dnd/ex20020218a
(The Character Generator version 1.2)

Courage isn't the lack of fear but rather believing in and doing what you know is right even though fear is present.

Go to Top of Page

Thais Paradox
Acolyte

7 Posts

Posted - 03 Oct 2003 :  07:14:36  Show Profile  Visit Thais Paradox's Homepage Send Thais Paradox a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So.......what *is* a good Char generating tool?

Oh what a tangled web we weave, when we art a clumsy Drider.
Go to Top of Page

William of Waterdeep
Senior Scribe

USA
829 Posts

Posted - 03 Oct 2003 :  23:14:23  Show Profile  Visit William of Waterdeep's Homepage Send William of Waterdeep a Private Message  Reply with Quote
For 2e the bottom link on my last post.The Character Generator version 1.2,For 3e I have no idea.

Courage isn't the lack of fear but rather believing in and doing what you know is right even though fear is present.

Go to Top of Page

Maecenus of Westgate
Learned Scribe

USA
111 Posts

Posted - 13 Nov 2003 :  01:38:01  Show Profile  Visit Maecenus of Westgate's Homepage Send Maecenus of Westgate a Private Message  Reply with Quote
E-Tools was a big dissapointment. Horrible interface, as was previously mentioned...and even after the Code Monkey fellas had their way with it, I still found it hard to use and riddled with minor annoyances. Well, I mainly stick to good old fashioned P&P when doing this stuff anyway.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000