Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Software
 New Infinity engine mods
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

William of Waterdeep
Senior Scribe

USA
829 Posts

Posted - 19 Sep 2003 :  01:31:03  Show Profile  Visit William of Waterdeep's Homepage Send William of Waterdeep a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Anyone tried this beside me.Haven't played very much but works great.
Its a mod that takes BG2 resourses and uses them in BG1.Basically you are playing BG in BG2 game.
for more info>>>> http://forums.fwstudios.net/index.php?showforum=100

Courage isn't the lack of fear but rather believing in and doing what you know is right even though fear is present.

Edited by - William of Waterdeep on 19 Oct 2003 14:56:49

William of Waterdeep
Senior Scribe

USA
829 Posts

Posted - 16 Oct 2003 :  23:07:34  Show Profile  Visit William of Waterdeep's Homepage Send William of Waterdeep a Private Message  Reply with Quote
UPDATE:Anyone who has BG and BG2 both should try this.It puts BG into the improved BG2 rules as well as grapics.I have played it for a while
with no problems at all.There is another similar Mod called BG Trilogy
but the download isn't as easy to get so I haven't tried it.
It lets you start playing BG and go into BG2SOA and BG2TOB non stop.
If I find out more I will post an update on it.

Courage isn't the lack of fear but rather believing in and doing what you know is right even though fear is present.

Go to Top of Page

William of Waterdeep
Senior Scribe

USA
829 Posts

Posted - 22 Oct 2003 :  04:20:58  Show Profile  Visit William of Waterdeep's Homepage Send William of Waterdeep a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Check it out:---> http://www.dragonlancetc.com/

Glory of Istar Demo - The Demo version of a total conversion set in the Dragonlance realm. [ToB Required]

Go to Top of Page

William of Waterdeep
Senior Scribe

USA
829 Posts

Posted - 24 Oct 2003 :  11:20:43  Show Profile  Visit William of Waterdeep's Homepage Send William of Waterdeep a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Not yet released but a great looking mod for Icewind Dale------->
http://toiw.fwstudios.net/
Tower of Iron Will adds characters that are joinable and one is a priest of Cyric.Check out the story based on Crenshinibon,npcs,and
check status to see how far along it has gotten.

Go to Top of Page

William of Waterdeep
Senior Scribe

USA
829 Posts

Posted - 25 Oct 2003 :  20:52:06  Show Profile  Visit William of Waterdeep's Homepage Send William of Waterdeep a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ever want to play a whole mod with Drizzt and companions? Although it isn't finished yet,you should check out this mod,"Region of Terror", It has Drizzt,Wolfgar,Cattie-brie,Bruenor,Regis,Jarlaxle and Artemis Entreri,and Randall{Necromancer}add in.
Look at the NPCs,Screen shots,Features(shows kits),Faq,Downloads(Entreri wallpaper)

THIS IS A BG2SOA MOD. NOT YET COMPATABLE W/TOB.
---> http://www.geocities.com/rotmod2003/

Edited by - William of Waterdeep on 25 Oct 2003 20:53:35
Go to Top of Page

William of Waterdeep
Senior Scribe

USA
829 Posts

Posted - 25 Oct 2003 :  22:19:28  Show Profile  Visit William of Waterdeep's Homepage Send William of Waterdeep a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A mod for the first Baldurs Gate--> http://echon.cyg.dk/bgmod/ For anyone w/BG or BGTotSC. The fields of the Dead.
Not yet finished and is not compatible w/Darkside of the Sword Coast---> http://www.dsotsc.com/<-I loved this mod. it even adds a young dragon.
or Fire Walker---> http://swordcoastkeeper.chez.tiscali.fr/PageBG1ModulesEng.htm
Also see item packs---> http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/azenmod/vault/vdetails.htm

Edited by - William of Waterdeep on 01 Nov 2003 18:11:07
Go to Top of Page

William of Waterdeep
Senior Scribe

USA
829 Posts

Posted - 01 Nov 2003 :  18:30:59  Show Profile  Visit William of Waterdeep's Homepage Send William of Waterdeep a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The Glory of Istar Demo
This is my first report.
This is well worth checking out,with a complete change to your Bg2ToB
game.The world map is of course changed,The outside areas are new,they are not old ones cut from BG,IWD or IWD2 as some mods use.I may give out more info later but for now,lets just say its different and can give your old game new life.Try it if you have time,everyone
may not like it but most like myself will find it enjoyable.The Dragonlance Official home page is something you should visit also.Download mod here.

Go to Top of Page

Echon
Senior Scribe

Denmark
422 Posts

Posted - 02 Nov 2003 :  00:06:48  Show Profile  Visit Echon's Homepage Send Echon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by William of Waterdeep

A mod for the first Baldurs Gate--> http://echon.cyg.dk/bgmod/ For anyone w/BG or BGTotSC. The fields of the Dead.

No, BG:TotSC only.

-Echon

"If others had not been foolish, we should be so."

-William Blake
Go to Top of Page

William of Waterdeep
Senior Scribe

USA
829 Posts

Posted - 02 Nov 2003 :  00:22:55  Show Profile  Visit William of Waterdeep's Homepage Send William of Waterdeep a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Echon

quote:

No, BG:TotSC only.

-Echon

Thank you for the correction Echon and sorry about that!
I wish you would explain a little more to the good folk of Candlekeep
about the mod.I do look forward to trying it myself once its released
and I can find the time to devote to it.

visit the Fields of the Dead forum

Edited by - William of Waterdeep on 02 Nov 2003 00:33:32
Go to Top of Page

Lord Rad
Great Reader

United Kingdom
2080 Posts

Posted - 02 Nov 2003 :  09:53:30  Show Profile  Visit Lord Rad's Homepage Send Lord Rad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wow Echon, youre back! Back for good or just stopping by? Good to see you again anyway.

Lord Rad

"What? No, I wasn't reading your module. I was just looking at the pictures"
Go to Top of Page

William of Waterdeep
Senior Scribe

USA
829 Posts

Posted - 02 Nov 2003 :  15:50:22  Show Profile  Visit William of Waterdeep's Homepage Send William of Waterdeep a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Or perhaps to straighten some things out that someone posted wrong!..Got a piece of steak I can borrow for my eye,Rad.

Go to Top of Page

Echon
Senior Scribe

Denmark
422 Posts

Posted - 02 Nov 2003 :  16:23:42  Show Profile  Visit Echon's Homepage Send Echon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rad

Wow Echon, youre back! Back for good or just stopping by? Good to see you again anyway.

I have no intention of returning to these forums. I did enjoy them while I was here but I felt they changed for the worse and they do not seem to have returned to 'normal'. Anyway, I am quite busy with the whole IE modding community. By the way, people here do not use mods that much, do they?

-Echon

-William Blake
Go to Top of Page

Echon
Senior Scribe

Denmark
422 Posts

Posted - 02 Nov 2003 :  16:39:26  Show Profile  Visit Echon's Homepage Send Echon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Thank you for the correction Echon and sorry about that!
I wish you would explain a little more to the good folk of Candlekeep
about the mod.I do look forward to trying it myself once its released
and I can find the time to devote to it.

There is not need to apologize for that.

Although everything is described on the site, I shall make a summary here for those who are interested:

The overall concept is that of a P&P mod. I aim at changing as many rules of Baldur's Gate as possible into their P&P counterparts. This will affect items, spells, creatures, various features and rules, etc. When that is done I want to make new areas to explore containing lots of quests to undertake.

I have decided to call it Baldur's Gate Classic: The Fields of the Dead. Baldur's Gate Classic because I want to use the classical AD&D rules and Fields of the Dead because this is where the new areas will lie.

-Echon

-William Blake
Go to Top of Page

William of Waterdeep
Senior Scribe

USA
829 Posts

Posted - 02 Nov 2003 :  17:54:07  Show Profile  Visit William of Waterdeep's Homepage Send William of Waterdeep a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Echon said-
Quote:
There is not need to apologize for that.

Although everything is described on the site, I shall make a summary here for those who are interested:

The overall concept is that of a P&P mod. I aim at changing as many rules of Baldur's Gate as possible into their P&P counterparts. This will affect items, spells, creatures, various features and rules, etc. When that is done I want to make new areas to explore containing lots of quests to undertake.

I have decided to call it Baldur's Gate Classic: The Fields of the Dead. Baldur's Gate Classic because I want to use the classical AD&D rules and Fields of the Dead because this is where the new areas will lie.

Will:
Thank you Echon,for both the kind words and summary. I will visit your site and forum often to look for updates and a release date.

Echon said-
Quote:
I have no intention of returning to these forums. I did enjoy them while I was here but I felt they changed for the worse and they do not seem to have returned to 'normal'. Anyway, I am quite busy with the whole IE modding community. By the way, people here do not use mods that much, do they?

Will:
Really glad you are busy with IE modding but hate to hear that you feel that way about the forum.I for one hope I haven't offended you and If so,please let me apoligize and say I am so sorry.
I think most people use NWN instead but there are a few of us who still hold onto the IE games.I have tried my hand at modding before but my major setback is understanding weiDU.I love it in use,but even with the tutorials I couldn't grasp it.I am probably making it harder than it is!

Edited by - William of Waterdeep on 02 Nov 2003 20:01:59
Go to Top of Page

Echon
Senior Scribe

Denmark
422 Posts

Posted - 02 Nov 2003 :  19:15:48  Show Profile  Visit Echon's Homepage Send Echon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Thank you Echon,for both the kind words and summary. I will visit your site and forum often to look for updates and a release date.

I can tell you it is still far off.

quote:
Really glad you are busy with IE modding but hate to hear that you feel that way about the forum.I for one hope I haven't offended you and If so,please let me apoligize and say I am so sorry.

No, you have not offended me. I do not see how you could. Anyway, nobody really offended me as such back when I was here. I, however, managed to treat on a couple of toes before leaving. If anybody should apologize it is probably me.

-Echon

-William Blake

Edited by - Echon on 02 Nov 2003 19:17:28
Go to Top of Page

William of Waterdeep
Senior Scribe

USA
829 Posts

Posted - 02 Nov 2003 :  20:13:42  Show Profile  Visit William of Waterdeep's Homepage Send William of Waterdeep a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Echon said-
Quote:
I can tell you it is still far off.

Will:
But well worth the wait, I'm sure!!

Echon said-
Quote:
No, you have not offended me. I do not see how you could. Anyway, nobody really offended me as such back when I was here. I, however, managed to treat on a couple of toes before leaving. If anybody should apologize it is probably me.

Will:

Then I guess its none of my business if it doesn't involve me, but I would like to see you back again and I am sure many others feel the same.I know you may not have much time to devote to the forum here with your other obligations but you could be a great asset to the library with your knowledge.

Edited by - William of Waterdeep on 02 Nov 2003 20:14:30
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 02 Nov 2003 :  20:19:28  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

-Echon

Well Met once again Echon.

'tis indeed good to see you at Candlekeep again, even if your stay is a short one. Im sure apologies are not necessary and that the scribes here at the library will be glad to welcome you back and read your posts again, after all...youre a Learned Scribe of no short measure!

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Echon
Senior Scribe

Denmark
422 Posts

Posted - 02 Nov 2003 :  21:12:20  Show Profile  Visit Echon's Homepage Send Echon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alaundo

'tis indeed good to see you at Candlekeep again, even if your stay is a short one. Im sure apologies are not necessary and that the scribes here at the library will be glad to welcome you back and read your posts again, after all...youre a Learned Scribe of no short measure!

Thank you, Alaundo. It is always good to know one is welcome even though one does not intend to stay.

-Echon

-William Blake
Go to Top of Page

William of Waterdeep
Senior Scribe

USA
829 Posts

Posted - 04 Nov 2003 :  00:44:08  Show Profile  Visit William of Waterdeep's Homepage Send William of Waterdeep a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alaundo

quote:

-Echon

I am so glad you posted that Master Alaundo,such a loss of one of Echon's talents and knowledge can't be easily accepted by myself.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000