Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Software
 Overseer 3D
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

William of Waterdeep
Senior Scribe

USA
829 Posts

Posted - 22 Oct 2003 :  04:14:34  Show Profile  Visit William of Waterdeep's Homepage Send William of Waterdeep a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Anyone tried this software.I bought it last year I think and just found and reinstalled it.I got it because it looked neat and Ed Greenwood says he liked it and it goes well with both Campaign Cartographer® 2 and Forgotten Realms® Atlas.There are two products Realm Overseer® 3D and City Overseer 3D.I have the City Overseer 3D.
http://www.overseer3d.com/roIndex.asp

http://city.overseer3d.com/v2/co3d/index.htm

Courage isn't the lack of fear but rather believing in and doing what you know is right even though fear is present.

Lord Rad
Great Reader

United Kingdom
2080 Posts

Posted - 22 Oct 2003 :  07:46:02  Show Profile  Visit Lord Rad's Homepage Send Lord Rad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
OOO ooooo i remember getting an email from he development company about this years ago....it appealed to me but I avoided it as it didnt appear to have WotC approval stamped on it anywhere.

Is it any good? IIRC, it takes the FR atlas and renders it into 3D? Does it scroll smoothly or just jump from scene to scene? Im really intrigued by this software...please tell more

Lord Rad

"What? No, I wasn't reading your module. I was just looking at the pictures"
Go to Top of Page

William of Waterdeep
Senior Scribe

USA
829 Posts

Posted - 24 Oct 2003 :  01:14:08  Show Profile  Visit William of Waterdeep's Homepage Send William of Waterdeep a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, I have the city overseer and I thimk it was made to go with the
City Designer of Campaign Cartographer® 2. (see link.)
http://www.profantasy.com/products/cd2.asp
It doesn't change the cities in the Interactive Atlas to 3D but with
City Designer you can make them and there are downloadable ones made by other people.Look over all the links and get any free downloads.
I would recommend buying Campaign Cartographer® 2 w/City Designer before you purchase Realm Overseer® 3D or City Overseer 3D™.It tells that it is fully compatible with Campaign Cartographer® 2 and partially compatible with Forgotten Realms® Atlas.It is neat because you can travel a 3D map from a veiw point of walking the map as in BG,NWN or dragon flight were you fly over the map.Either way you use
the arrows keys to control direction.You can also set the time,weather
add people ,monsters,etc,etc.I highly recommend you look at it,but I do caution that it may not be WinXp compatable.I will try and find out
for sure.

Courage isn't the lack of fear but rather believing in and doing what you know is right even though fear is present.

Go to Top of Page

William of Waterdeep
Senior Scribe

USA
829 Posts

Posted - 24 Oct 2003 :  01:21:24  Show Profile  Visit William of Waterdeep's Homepage Send William of Waterdeep a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Rad,If I were you I would download the demos first.The demo is a blast
and you can see if its what you had hoped it would be.So check out Maps,Demo version,3D Catalogs,Contributed Maps.That will get you started.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000