Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Chamber of Sages
 Questions for Ed Greenwood (2014)
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 29

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 29 Oct 2014 :  02:27:33  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:
Originally posted by Penknight

One I would like to add, if that is alright. If you're an elf from Evermeet, what are you called? Evermeetian, or something else? I honestly can't figure out what they would be called, and I've been trying to for about a week now. :-)

Pretty sure I've seen "Everaer" somewhere (or maybe "Everaen"), but I could be mistaken. Obviously, we'll have to wait for Ed or his lovely Hooded assistant to chime in.

I still preferred Eric's first choice:-
quote:
Evermeeters are boring elves punished in the afterlife by being forced to stand in an endless greeting line, shaking hands with each and every elf that ever lived.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 29 Oct 2014 :  02:32:03  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by xaeyruudh

Dearest THO, does Ed have a name for the sahuagin language? If there's more than one, perhaps the one that might be used in the Alamber Sea? But if you have another in your notes I would love that too! Thank you both!

I actually thought Steven Schend hinted at a name for the sahuagin language in Sea of Fallen Stars. But a quick and hasty scan of the PDF at work doesn't immediately bring up anything pertinent. Unless I read it somewhere else...

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

paladinnicolas
Seeker

92 Posts

Posted - 29 Oct 2014 :  10:05:30  Show Profile Send paladinnicolas a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by The Hooded One

. . . And I'm back, with a little more for Mercurius, re. these: "A follow-up question: How did (does) Ed envision Abeir-Toril beyond Faerun? As you said, Kara-Tur and Maztica wouldn't be there, and presumably not Zakhara/Al-Qadim, but what about Osse, Katashaka, and Anchorome? What's east of Thay?"

In Ed's original Realms, there were huge landmasses east of Thay (Sossal, Raurin, Durpar, and the trade roads, just as in the published Realms), and mountain ranges and unmapped lands beyond the Utter East (east and south). Zakhara did exist, as an Arabian-like hot desert with oases and verdant mountain valleys region, though not under that name, and Anchorome, the archipelago one could go island-hopping through, was Ed's creation and was in the original Realms (it was used in a 1979-era campaign run by Ed). A landmass would be found where Maztica is, just not an overtly Mayan/etc. real-world one, and the continent Ed added as Laerakond existed in somewhat different form, that included jungles of the sort found in Katashka.
(In general, Ed's original Realms did not model real-world analogues as closely as the published Realms ended up doing.)
love,
THO

Dear THO, thank you for your answers. I would like to follow up on this one and ask you and Ed a further question: while not imitating real world cultures, Faerun has a vague or loose European renaissance medieval feel, and there were Arabian-like lands; and so I wonder if the lands found where Maztica is (or was, who knows now), while not "overtly" Mayan, as you said, had a vague native or aboriginal (South or Central) American feel. Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

Jeremy Grenemyer
Great Reader

USA
2717 Posts

Posted - 30 Oct 2014 :  02:37:09  Show Profile Send Jeremy Grenemyer a Private Message
Well again THO and Ed,

Ed, around the time the Steel Regent took power in Cormyr, what is believed to be the oldest serving ship in the Blue Dragon fleet? Could you tell us a little bit about it?

As always thank you both very much.

Look for me and my content at EN World (user name: sanishiver).

Edited by - Jeremy Grenemyer on 30 Oct 2014 04:07:09
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 30 Oct 2014 :  22:10:48  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message
Where do the dwarves of Glen get the dragon eggs from? (and don't say "female dragons" )

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Go to Top of Page

Jeremy Grenemyer
Great Reader

USA
2717 Posts

Posted - 31 Oct 2014 :  03:09:49  Show Profile Send Jeremy Grenemyer a Private Message
A question about the Royal Gardens, if I may:

When Azoun IV took the throne, did he keep whoever was in charge of the Royal Gardens? Or did he appoint somebody new?

Thank you.

Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 31 Oct 2014 :  17:04:48  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message
Just re-reading a passage in Spellfire (researching the Dalelands right now), and I note that Aghazstamn's lair contains "a coach that had once carried young princes of Cormyr to hunt in the high country, before some forgotten wyrm had seized it, horses, royal blood, and all, and flown off. "

Considering the coach was still (relatively) intact, I would imagine it could not have possibly dated to the very early years of Cormyr. Which 'royal blood' was so seized, and which 'forgotten wyrm' was it that perpetrated the deed?

*Edited for spelling correction

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Edited by - Markustay on 01 Nov 2014 12:56:13
Go to Top of Page

Jeremy Grenemyer
Great Reader

USA
2717 Posts

Posted - 01 Nov 2014 :  02:56:56  Show Profile Send Jeremy Grenemyer a Private Message
Great question, Markus. I hope it receives an answer.

And now one of my own: Ed, was there ever a Cormyrean noble family with the surname of Duskrose? If yes, are they still active in the year 1479 DR?

Thank you in advance.

Edited by - Jeremy Grenemyer on 01 Nov 2014 02:58:31
Go to Top of Page

Jeremy Grenemyer
Great Reader

USA
2717 Posts

Posted - 02 Nov 2014 :  04:50:24  Show Profile Send Jeremy Grenemyer a Private Message
A couple of Blue Dragon ship questions (that I hope THO's Realms adventures might reveal something about):

At the time that Azoun IV ascended to the throne, was there anything like a Blue Dragon ship graveyard in existence?

Or perhaps a ship graveyard that includes vessels that were used for naval combat by Cormyr, even if there was no actual Blue Dragons/navy yet in existence at the time?

Thank you THO and Ed.

Go to Top of Page

Demzer
Senior Scribe

873 Posts

Posted - 02 Nov 2014 :  11:14:10  Show Profile Send Demzer a Private Message
Gracious Lady, Revered Master,

i seek informations on those Border Kingdoms locales not yet detailed in published material but present on the map of the Polyhedron 109: Elminster's Everwinking Eye article. The list is huge (essentially anything from the Realm of the Smoking Star to Ythtym in alphabetical order) and i don't want to tax your spare time too much so i'm going to restrict my query to Rymdyl, Suldamma, Talduth Vale and Theymarsh.
Anything you can tell us about this four places and any information you may want to accidentally let slip about the rest of the undetailed Border Kingdoms (or about the detailed ones) will be treasured.

Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One
Lady Herald of Realmslore

5056 Posts

Posted - 02 Nov 2014 :  23:59:42  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message
Hello, fellow scribes!
Ed has begun the long trip to Gameholecon, in Madison, Wisconsin, where he's eager to make new friends and hook up with old ones like Chris Perkins, Jim Ward, Lester Smith, and many other gaming luminaries.
I suspect his Net access is going to be sporadic at best until about mid-November, and I'm afraid so is mine. (No, I won't be trundling off to Madison; my work is taking me elsewhere.) However, before I fall e-silent, I'm going to try to do a little housecleaning, with Ed's assistance. Here we go . . .
Demzer, most of the Border Kingdoms lore is NDA, but I will prod Ed into letting slip all he can, as you are far from the only scribe aching to know more!
Jeremy, there have been two naval "crown ship" graveyards in existence since before Azoun IV ascended the throne: a certain canal and turning basin in eastern Marsember for ships intended for salvage and reuse, that in most cases they never got and sank at their moorings, to the extent that in some spots three or more hulks are piled up atop each other, under the murky waters . . . and Margrath's Rest, a rocky "beach" well west of Suzail where ships were run ashore to be stripped of fittings, if they carried too much to simply be set afire and left to burn to the waterline, out on the waves, to sink and be disposed of in that manner. This beach hasn't been used for decades, now, but the rotten remnants of some large vessels can still be seen. (Margrath was an old retired naval captain whose last years were spent in a hut on the beach, fishing and smoking pipes and telling old tales.)
[This of course comes from Ed.]
And (still for Jeremy) Ed tells me there is a Duskrose family, it's not noble (though some members of it have been knighted, so there have been several individuals known as "Sir Duskrose" in the 1100s and 1200s DR), but it has for centuries been a Palace family in royal service (i.e. its members have been staffers in the Royal Court and Royal Palace, in Suzail).
More to follow, as I work my way through Ed's e-mails.
love to all,
THO
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One

5056 Posts

Posted - 03 Nov 2014 :  00:05:56  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message
. . . And hi again!
Markustay, I suspect you'll want to hear this: I dropped in on Ed at his library work shift yesterday, in Port Hope, and found him explaining the Realms to some young gamers (and their mom, who was a veteran Realms gamer). He agreed with them that Mike Schley's maps were beautiful, and told them about the leather map that Deven Rue made, that George Krashos gifted to Ed (and that Ed knows he still has to take photo of, to send to Deven for her website - - he hasn't forgotten!), was a thing of beauty - - but he said that the maps of the Realms he uses for reference, whenever moving beyond his own originals, are yours.
So, take a bow!
And about that coach in Spellfire you asked about: I recall asking Ed about that years back. I can't tell you who the wyrm was that Aghazstamn seized it from the hoard of (presumably after slaying said wyrm), or who the princes were, but the coach was gilded metal, and was indeed old. So . . . we'll have to see. Perhaps when the Royal Lineage finally sees the light of day (whenever that is).
love,
THO
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One

5056 Posts

Posted - 03 Nov 2014 :  00:15:42  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message
. . . And well met yet again! This time I bring the words of Ed of the Greenwood to Jeremy Grenemyer, in response to this query: "When Azoun IV took the throne, did he keep whoever was in charge of the Royal Gardens? Or did he appoint somebody new?"

Heeeere's Ed:

Hi, Jeremy! Good question, indeed. Upon the ascension of Azoun IV, he confirmed the continuance of the head Gardener Royal in office: the elderly, increasingly absent-minded (later became full-blown dementia) Gordroun Palonder, a kindly old expert who increasingly relied on younger and stronger assistants. Palonder secretly kept a "poison garden" on the roof of the Royal Stables, but evidently as a hobby rather than for sinister purposes, though Alaphondar and Vangerdahast both kept a close eye on him because of it. Palonder died in office, though for the last year of his service (1352 DR) he was bedridden. His successor was Relvarra Lionwinter, his best-trained assistant, a wise and clever but homely woman of a longtime Palace family. She eventually married a Purple Dragon officer, but refused to retire from her position. (And that's where my notes end.)
Hope this is of help!

So saith Ed, tireless spinner of Realmslore...
love,
THO
Go to Top of Page

xaeyruudh
Master of Realmslore

USA
1853 Posts

Posted - 03 Nov 2014 :  02:42:15  Show Profile  Visit xaeyruudh's Homepage Send xaeyruudh a Private Message
quote:

Markustay, I suspect you'll want to hear this: ...the maps of the Realms he uses for reference, whenever moving beyond his own originals, are yours.

Nice! High five for you Markus, hugs for THO. Thanks for this little flurry of responses!
Go to Top of Page

Jeremy Grenemyer
Great Reader

USA
2717 Posts

Posted - 03 Nov 2014 :  03:41:10  Show Profile Send Jeremy Grenemyer a Private Message
Well that was pretty awesome. Thank you THO and Ed very much.
quote:

Hope this is of help!
You bet it does.

Edited by - Jeremy Grenemyer on 03 Nov 2014 06:57:35
Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 03 Nov 2014 :  15:20:37  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message
quote:

. . . And hi again!
Markustay, I suspect you'll want to hear this: I dropped in on Ed at his library work shift yesterday, in Port Hope, and found him explaining the Realms to some young gamers (and their mom, who was a veteran Realms gamer). He agreed with them that Mike Schley's maps were beautiful, and told them about the leather map that Deven Rue made, that George Krashos gifted to Ed (and that Ed knows he still has to take photo of, to send to Deven for her website - - he hasn't forgotten!), was a thing of beauty - - but he said that the maps of the Realms he uses for reference, whenever moving beyond his own originals, are yours.
So, take a bow!
And about that coach in Spellfire you asked about: I recall asking Ed about that years back. I can't tell you who the wyrm was that Aghazstamn seized it from the hoard of (presumably after slaying said wyrm), or who the princes were, but the coach was gilded metal, and was indeed old. So . . . we'll have to see. Perhaps when the Royal Lineage finally sees the light of day (whenever that is).
love,
THO
Wow.

Even though the question wasn't really answered, still the best response I could have gotten.

Thank You.

Go to Top of Page

createvmind
Senior Scribe

490 Posts

Posted - 05 Nov 2014 :  14:49:22  Show Profile  Visit createvmind's Homepage Send createvmind a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

quote:

. . . And hi again!
So, take a bow!
love,
THO
Wow.

Even though the question wasn't really answered, still the best response I could have gotten.

Thank You.

Where can one see said maps of yours sir?
Go to Top of Page

xaeyruudh
Master of Realmslore

USA
1853 Posts

Posted - 05 Nov 2014 :  16:01:31  Show Profile  Visit xaeyruudh's Homepage Send xaeyruudh a Private Message
Is there any link between the origins of names with similar roots/endings? For example, Piergeiron, Madeiron, and the Odesseiron family.
Go to Top of Page

Jeremy Grenemyer
Great Reader

USA
2717 Posts

Posted - 05 Nov 2014 :  17:49:49  Show Profile Send Jeremy Grenemyer a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by createvmind

Where can one see said maps of yours sir?

I'm not Markus, but I did notice a link in his signature to his Deviant Art gallery: LINK

Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 05 Nov 2014 :  18:21:30  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message
Yes, those are the most recent, but all of them are works-in-progess (because I can never truly call them 'finished', because I am always discovering new locales to add to them). There are a few posted here at the 'Keep as well, in The Maproom.

For the maps I used to have up you'd have to contact someone else - I lost them all in a fire. Someone here mailed them all to me once, but I've lost track of them yet-again. I've found a lot of them floating around the web (without my permission in most cases... but I really don't care). I've also noticed they get used by the FR Wiki a lot (I think I gave them permission, but if not, like I said, it doesn't matter all that much to me). The point of them is to introduce as many people to The Realms as possible, and create new fans, and to that end - the more the merrier!

I'm working on a newer series now, and hopefully you will see at least one of them soon in a quasi-official capacity.
____________________________________________________________________________________________

Question for THO: I asked awhile back (2010, I believe) about 'lost dwarf-holds' in The North, especially in the region around Turnstone Pass. Now, I don't even recall why I was looking for one back then, but you had responded with saying you had one in YOUR notes that you could share.

I am not re-asking this question of Ed. In fact, I think if he were to provide me a lengthy answer about my original questions we'd have a certain someone losing their mind... possibly two someones.

I was just wondering if you were ever able to find the name (if any) of that hold, and anything else about it you may want to share. If not, no big deal. This is more in the lines of 'double-checking for completeness sake'.

Go to Top of Page

hashimashadoo
Master of Realmslore

United Kingdom
1150 Posts

Posted - 06 Nov 2014 :  13:55:21  Show Profile  Visit hashimashadoo's Homepage Send hashimashadoo a Private Message
Most generous sage of sages, I am curious.

What ever happened with the drow infiltration of Scornubel detailed in Silverfall?
Also, did you ever come up with some more detail on Telnarquel, mentioned in the same tome, such as anything remarkable about it before it was abandoned (other than its seclusion of course).

Thank you as ever for listening to our incessant queries and thank you to the lovely THO for delivering your responses and gracing us with her presence.

Wow, that sounded toadier than I intended.

When life turns it's back on you...sneak attack for extra damage.

Head admin of the FR wiki:

https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/
Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 07 Nov 2014 :  20:36:42  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message
So Ed...

Something i said in another thread made remember a great little article on the Sherwood Forest in Dragon Magazine, so I went looking for which issue that was (I know it came with a neat map!) and I found issue #55.

Now, I knew right away it couldn't possibly be the right issue, because it was before I subscribed to the mag, but I went through it anyway trying to see what Sherwood goodness I could find (I suppose a topic like Robin Hood could easily see coverage in several issues of dragon).

So I am looking through it, and immediately following an ad for a game I helped playtest (Space Opera) I come upon a rather scathing review of the 1st Fiend Folio. After a bit of reading, I looked back to see who the author was (after all, its unusual to see such a 'rant' in a magazine about one of their own products), and low-and-behold I recognized the author's name.

Such negativity!
On the bright side, welcome to the human race. I've never known you to be negative about anything - I'm glad to see that there actually are some things that can 'rub you the wrong way'.

I suppose I should ask you a related question now - did the flinds, Quaggoths, and firenewts eventually grow on you?

Ohhhh... and did you ever use "the Pillsbury Doughboy"?

Edited by - Markustay on 07 Nov 2014 20:53:56
Go to Top of Page

xaeyruudh
Master of Realmslore

USA
1853 Posts

Posted - 08 Nov 2014 :  01:19:40  Show Profile  Visit xaeyruudh's Homepage Send xaeyruudh a Private Message
Markus, I think the Sherwood issue you're looking for might be #274. I still have that map somewhere!
Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 08 Nov 2014 :  02:17:06  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message
Thanks xaeyruudh.

Turns out the map - the thing I was really looking for - isn't in my pdf. Ah well, bummer.

On the bright side, that was still an awesome issue - it even had some ed Greenwood lore in there (it like he's in every issue! lol)

Go to Top of Page

Jeremy Grenemyer
Great Reader

USA
2717 Posts

Posted - 12 Nov 2014 :  04:42:32  Show Profile Send Jeremy Grenemyer a Private Message
Hello THO and Ed,

This one's for both of you.

My first question is whether or not there are specific names for knots used in Cormyr? If yes, could you list a couple of them please? I'm very curious to learn about knots that might have a history behind them, especially if they're named after someone (however obscure) in Cormyr's past.

My second question has to do with the tying knots out of plants. Are there any plants (vines, tree bark, long-bladed grass, etc.) found in Cormyr that are useful in a pinch to tie something together?

I ask for my own lore interest, and for the sake of arming DMs with information to give to players that dabble in survivalist type stuff in real life and so want to make ranger PCs native to Cormyr, who can weave ropes, build rafts, bind the hands of prisoners and do almost anything with just what nature provides them.

Thank you both very much.

Edited by - Jeremy Grenemyer on 12 Nov 2014 04:47:50
Go to Top of Page

xaeyruudh
Master of Realmslore

USA
1853 Posts

Posted - 12 Nov 2014 :  17:12:24  Show Profile  Visit xaeyruudh's Homepage Send xaeyruudh a Private Message
Ooh, I like those Jeremy. It gave me a mental image of small potted carnivorous plants used as garbage disposals... though this isn't so much a roughing-it-outdoors type of thing. Does this happen too?

More along Jeremy's line of inquiry, I wanted to add shelter-building to the list of things PCs might want to do when out in the wilds... though I have a vague recollection that Ed has mentioned broadleafed plants suitable for this before...
Go to Top of Page

xaeyruudh
Master of Realmslore

USA
1853 Posts

Posted - 12 Nov 2014 :  18:39:59  Show Profile  Visit xaeyruudh's Homepage Send xaeyruudh a Private Message
The 2e Cormyr sourcebook mentions a Jerlak family (inside cover) and Jeerlak's warehouse (map on page 30) in Waymoot. Which is the correct spelling, and are there any mentionable details about these folks?
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One

5056 Posts

Posted - 15 Nov 2014 :  19:46:48  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message
Hello again, fellow scribes. I bring some brief Realmslore replies from Ed, to xaeyruudh, re. this: "Is there any link between the origins of names with similar roots/endings? For example, Piergeiron, Madeiron, and the Odesseiron family."

Here's Ed:

Sometimes there are links, but in the case of the three names you cite, they are so tenuous and ancient as to be, for practical purposes, non-existent. We know that in the days before Athalantar, some humans dwelling around the shores of the Sea of Fallen Stars acquired "eir" [pronounced EE-ARR, or over time simplified into EAR] and "on" sounds in their names, from intermarriage with elves and half-elves (and names with such sounds spread simply because some humans liked the names; such given names as Deiron and Heiral (supplanting in popularity the earlier, human-only "Hyral" [pronounced H-EYE-rahl] became popular, with Neiron and Madeiron and many other variants developing. "Piergeiron" is still a rarity, except in Waterdeep among LG citizens naming their children after the Paladinson. The Odesseiron family name may or may not have such origins; when it began is lost in time.

. . . And Ed isn't done. He also tackled this query: "The 2e Cormyr sourcebook mentions a Jerlak family (inside cover) and Jeerlak's warehouse (map on page 30) in Waymoot. Which is the correct spelling, and are there any mentionable details about these folks?"

Ed again:
There isn't actually a misspelling here; Heldrak Jeerahlamakh (known to all in Cormyr as "Jeerlak") is a far-traveled merchant born in the southern Vilhon, who as of the 1340s DR has settled "for good" in Cormyr, where he owns a shady potion/drug/"doctored" wine and spirits trading concern, using a dyes and marinades and sauces vending business as a cover. He also rents out space in his warehouses, which are well-guarded by ex-Purple Dragons and semi-retired adventurers of purchasable morals, including the sturdy old shed in Waymoot (which has a guards' living-loft and attached jakes). Some of the guards sharpen weapons "on the side," which means they also buy and sell tobacco and stolen/no-questions-asked-pasts weapons. Jeerlak isn't so much evil as he is cheerfully amoral and opportunistic. He's wary of attracting too much attention from the authorities or what he calls "the real sharks, in Sembia," so he makes a modest living. His chief weakness is young willing ladies.
The Jerlak family is, so far as I (and all the parties involved, in the Realms) know, no relation to Jeerlak.
Honstabul and Rhaemarr Jerlak are burly, placid, slow-to-anger brothers who both have large families - - a mingled clan who amicably share the shipping and warehousing business inherited from "Old Gurk," the gruff, hard-nosed, now-deceased Graemurk Jerlak, father of Honstabul and Rhaemarr. In the 1350s DR, there are almost fifty Jerlaks, and they do everything from make, repair, and load shipping crates, coffers, and strongchests, to rent out wagons, draft beasts, and harnesses. The Jerlaks are big in lamp oil and in the sale of hempen (we might say "burlap" or "hessian") sacks used by farmers across Cormyr. There is Jerlak warehousing in Waymoot, but it's rented less-than-an-entire-building space, in two structures that are owned by others. Perhaps the most interesting of the Jerlaks at this time are three spirited sisters (daughters of Rhaemarr), hight Anthrelle, Chantharla, and Jessarra, who are what we might term tomboys; they roister, love having adventures, and are trying to romance and buy their ways into forming a loyal band of adventurers that they can lead. They have had several skirmishes with patrolling Purple Dragons and Sembian merchants visiting Cormyr, with the result that at least one Highknight now has his eye on them (not all that attentively, but checking in on them from time to time to find out what troubles they might be getting into). Honstabul has two stalwart, unimaginative, trustworthy sons, Lorandur and Harlaen, who are shaping up to be the envoys and "business heads in waiting" of the family businesses.

So saith Ed. Who hopes this lore is of help.
Ed wants all gamers to know that GameholeCon in Madison, Wisconsin was simply a delight, and he can't recommend it highly enough.
love,
THO
Go to Top of Page

Steven Schend
Forgotten Realms Designer & Author

USA
1705 Posts

Posted - 15 Nov 2014 :  20:53:08  Show Profile  Visit Steven Schend's Homepage Send Steven Schend a Private Message
quote:
Ed wants all gamers to know that GameholeCon in Madison, Wisconsin was simply a delight, and he can't recommend it highly enough.
love,
THO

I second Ed's recommendation. I had an absolute blast at Gamehole Con and hope/plan to return next year, if the gods are willing.

Steven Schend

For current projects and general natter, see www.steveneschend.com
Go to Top of Page

Dalor Darden
Great Reader

USA
4211 Posts

Posted - 15 Nov 2014 :  22:11:27  Show Profile Send Dalor Darden a Private Message
quote:

Hello again, fellow scribes. I bring some brief Realmslore replies from Ed, to xaeyruudh, re. this: "Is there any link between the origins of names with similar roots/endings? For example, Piergeiron, Madeiron, and the Odesseiron family."

Here's Ed:

<SNIP OF AWESOMENESS>

So saith Ed. Who hopes this lore is of help.
love,
THO

Seriously...and that isn't just an explicative "seriously" either!...

How in the Abyss does Ed keep all this stuff in his head without contradicting himself at SOME point...I mean, he may have done so at some time, but I don't remember it!

Maybe he IS Elminster...

The Old Grey Box and AD&D for me!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 29 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000