Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Chamber of Sages
 Questions for Ed Greenwood (2014)
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 29

Barastir
Master of Realmslore

Brazil
1600 Posts

Posted - 17 Oct 2014 :  02:51:29  Show Profile Send Barastir a Private Message
Elaine Cunningham's Evermeet, Island of the Elves also brings an origin for part of the sea elves, as much as an explanation for them having magical powers, since originally they had no magical talent, as it is seen in the old 2e Forgotten Realms Monstrous Compendiums.

"Goodness is not a natural state, but must be
fought for to be attained and maintained.
Lead by example.
Let your deeds speak your intentions.
Goodness radiated from the heart."

The Paladin's Virtues, excerpt from the "Quentin's Monograph"
(by Ed Greenwood)
Go to Top of Page

Gary Dallison
Great Reader

United Kingdom
6350 Posts

Posted - 17 Oct 2014 :  09:13:47  Show Profile Send Gary Dallison a Private Message
Having read the Sea of Fallen Stars recently was what prompted my question about sea elves. In particular the fact that Dagon is supposedly imprisoned in a trench in the Alamber Sea by a sea elf. Also the fact that the origin stories of several races in the Sea of Fallen Stars being so familiar is curious as well.

Then thinking about the origin of the elves in Faerie, no mention was ever made of the sea elves as far as i know and the Seldarine were all members of the seelie court supposedly but again no mention of Deep Sashelas being included in that mix.

Then there is the presence of sea elves in the trackless sea but they seem to be relatively small in number and possible recent.

Its all very mysterious which is why i thought i'd ask Ed for a few of his theories.

Anyway, sorry for hijacking. I'll stop now.

Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions Candlekeep Archive
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 1
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 2
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 3
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 4
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 5
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 6
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 7
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 8
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 9

Alternate Realms Site
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 17 Oct 2014 :  14:19:43  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message
I don't want to clutter the thread, but here is how I picture stuff like this regarding the Elves: Elves are mutable - this is a recessive trait that comes from their Fey heritage. Unlike true fey, who can alter their size/shapes at will, Elves need a little 'divine boost' to get them on their way. Ergo, when they pray to deep Sashelas for help, he 'molds them' into a form that can survive beneath the waves. What he is really doing is tapping-into their hereditary abilities that they no longer have direct access to. The same things goes for all types of Elves (avariel were adapted land-bound elves, Drow were normal elves until Lolth adapted them for a subterranean existence, Lythari have been adapted or perhaps retained a piece of their Fey heritage and can take wolf forms, etc, etc). Thus, an elf can take many other (adaptive) forms, but only when they get a little boost from a god, or some other powerful magic.

And now, for a question: As I research something I am working on, I find the official lore rather sparse. Imagine a region slightly larger then Great Britain (ALL of it) with very little in the way of canon sources - thats the HIGH FOREST. What gives? Did you players just never make it very far into there? Or is there still some 'uber-secret' - one of those 'hidden bits of the Realms' that is being kept under wraps? Is there ANYTHING you can share that hasn't been told to us before? Some location, or group of people?

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Edited by - Markustay on 18 Oct 2014 00:54:51
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6641 Posts

Posted - 18 Oct 2014 :  00:21:15  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by dazzlerdal

Then thinking about the origin of the elves in Faerie, no mention was ever made of the sea elves as far as i know and the Seldarine were all members of the seelie court supposedly but again no mention of Deep Sashelas being included in that mix.

The novel "Evermeet" (hardcover, pgs.95-96) is the first mention of aquatic elves that I have found in the lore. It implies that the aquatic elves were resident in Faerun before the arrival of the moon and gold elves from Tintageer in Faerie, and to my mind, not from there.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One
Lady Herald of Realmslore

5056 Posts

Posted - 18 Oct 2014 :  20:45:33  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message
Hello again, all. While I persist in not actually being Ed, I can make some beginnings of replies that he'll be able to properly answer when he gets the time.
To whit, these recent queries from Jeremy Grenemyer: "2. “Bury Elminster Deep” notes that Lady Greatgaunt has forty-six almost identical sapphire-trimmed gowns. In terms of gowns-with-lots-of-gems-on-them ownership amongst noblewomen, is Lady Greatgaunt tops in terms of raw numbers of gem-filled gowns owned?"

No, not by a long shot. She probably owns more lookalike gowns of one sort than any other current noblewoman, but many of the oldcoin families could amass together (including out-of-fashion and very old/dusty garments that probably won't be seen in public in normal circumstances again) hundreds of gem-adorned gowns, and in quite a few cases the sizes of family members permit one noble to wear a majority of them. As in, sixty or eighty or even more.

"3. Are their festhall-type boats that sail out on the Wyvernwater that offer privacy and/or an anything goes atmosphere for paying clients?"

I know of at least one pleasure barge, The Wild Wave, but my notes don't record owner or specifics. I remember that it's large and lit by many lamps during the dark hours.

"Second, some general questions: . . . 2. In terms of gardening in Suzail, is there a form of plant (grass, flower, weed, tree, bush, etc.) that no self-respecting gardener does without? If yes, could you please list its name?"

I know that the duskrose (a very dark red rose with cloudy gray undersides to its leaves - - hence its name - - a climbing creeper) is found on many, many gates and railings and balcony fronts, all over Suzail. Ed will of course provide a much better reply, in the fullness of time.

love,
THO
Go to Top of Page

Jeremy Grenemyer
Great Reader

USA
2717 Posts

Posted - 19 Oct 2014 :  07:44:12  Show Profile Send Jeremy Grenemyer a Private Message
Thank you THO for taking a stab at answering my last round of questions (esp. the gardening question). I appreciate it.

Look for me and my content at EN World (user name: sanishiver).
Go to Top of Page

createvmind
Senior Scribe

490 Posts

Posted - 21 Oct 2014 :  02:38:14  Show Profile  Visit createvmind's Homepage Send createvmind a Private Message
Thanks
Go to Top of Page

Lyiat
Seeker

91 Posts

Posted - 21 Oct 2014 :  05:45:18  Show Profile Send Lyiat a Private Message
I have an interesting question for He-of-the-Greenwood, though perhaps the Hooded One could share his/her own insight. All mythology and fantasy have their legendary smiths. In Earth, we have Wayland the Smith and Muramasa. In LotR, we have Celebrimbor. In Inheritance, we had Rhunön. So, who does the Realms have that matches these names?

"Stand and deliver, that my hamster might have a better look at you." ~ Minsc

Edited by - Lyiat on 21 Oct 2014 05:50:43
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6641 Posts

Posted - 21 Oct 2014 :  10:00:21  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message
Musing on the history of Ed's Realms today and I was wondering about his playing group. Specifically, did the group who made up the Company of Crazed Venturers go on to become the Knights of Myth Drannor. If so, what prompted the change in group/campaign? Just curious is all.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus

Edited by - George Krashos on 21 Oct 2014 11:02:49
Go to Top of Page

Fellfire
Master of Realmslore

1965 Posts

Posted - 22 Oct 2014 :  19:25:58  Show Profile Send Fellfire a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Lyiat

I have an interesting question for He-of-the-Greenwood, though perhaps the Hooded One could share his/her own insight. All mythology and fantasy have their legendary smiths. In Earth, we have Wayland the Smith and Muramasa. In LotR, we have Celebrimbor. In Inheritance, we had Rhunön. So, who does the Realms have that matches these names?

A related question, if I may. I too am very interested in the greatest weaponsmiths from the Realms, but not just swords and axes and armor. Can you also please ask Ed about the foremost bowyers and fletchers. I'm certain they are elves, but are there any that are particularly distinguished? I think I read somewhere that certain elven families excel at this, but cannot locate the reference atm.

Misanthorpe

Love is a lie. Only hate endures. Light is blinding. Only in darkness do we see clearly.

"Oh, you think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it, molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was already a man, by then it was nothing to me but.. blinding. The shadows betray you because they belong to me." - Bane The Dark Knight Rises

Green Dragonscale Dice Bag by Crystalsidyll - check it out

Go to Top of Page

Fellfire
Master of Realmslore

1965 Posts

Posted - 22 Oct 2014 :  21:00:32  Show Profile Send Fellfire a Private Message
And one more, please. I saw Mr. Greenwood's name in the credits of the wiki page for Clan Morueme. Was this clan of blue dragons, in fact, his brainchild? If so, are there other, similar draconic dynasties? I am particularly looking for green dragons, but am curious about any.

Misanthorpe

Love is a lie. Only hate endures. Light is blinding. Only in darkness do we see clearly.

"Oh, you think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it, molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was already a man, by then it was nothing to me but.. blinding. The shadows betray you because they belong to me." - Bane The Dark Knight Rises

Edited by - Fellfire on 22 Oct 2014 21:01:34
Go to Top of Page

Mercurius
Acolyte

7 Posts

Posted - 23 Oct 2014 :  16:48:03  Show Profile Send Mercurius a Private Message
Alright, I'll jump in with a question--forgive me if this has been asked and answered before. I started a thread on it, but was directed here. To get to it:

How is pre-TSR and/or your current "personal" Realms different from the published versions? I know that the Moonshaes and Bloodstone Lands were later editions, but I'm curious what your Forgotten Realms is like (and would love to see a map, but that is probably too much to ask...). Or is this non-disclosure territory?

Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

Duneth Despana
Learned Scribe

Belgium
273 Posts

Posted - 24 Oct 2014 :  13:35:28  Show Profile Send Duneth Despana a Private Message
Heya THO and Ed!

I originally started this scroll http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=19667 looking for information on clan Auzkovyn (especially their time in the Underdark and High Forest before arriving to Cormanthor) but in my searches stumbled upon other mentions of vhaeraunites in the High Forest; Misstyre's band (the passage in 'The North' mentioning him being written by either Steven Schend or Ed if I understand correctly), an enclave of the Dragon's Hoard and drow following or being manipulated by Dheembleth (?).

So, depending on how long an answer I'm allowed, my question is:

Where did clan Auzkovyn originally come from? Do they have a clan glyph/symbol? If yes, what does it look like? > What can you tell me about clan Auzkovyn? > what can you tell me about vhaeraunites in the High Forest? > what can you tell me about drow in the High Forest? > what can you tell me about the High Forest (the last tier echoing Markus Taylor's question) ;-P?

Since this is my first So Saith Ed post I would like to personally thank Ed for sparking (more like fireballing) the creation of the shared universe we can all enjoy, through books, tabletop rpgs, videogames, audiobooks, comics and just pure old daydreaming.
Thank you too THO for relaying all these questions and answers.

All the best to both of you.

« There is no overriding « epic » in the Realms, but rather a large number of stories, adventures, and encounters going on all the time. [...]. Each creative mind adds to the base, creating, defining, and making their contribution to the rich diversity of the Realms. [...]. But Ed built the stage upon which all the plays are presented. Thanks Ed. » -FR Comic no.1
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One

5056 Posts

Posted - 24 Oct 2014 :  18:55:25  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message
Hi again, all.
Yes, Ed created Morueme and brood. Yes, there are other clans, details to come in time...
Mercurius, your question has been asked and answered many times. In short, the Bloodstone lands were added, and Ed's Hebrides/Earthsea island-like Moonshaes replaced by the continent-like Doug Niles Moonshaes (with Ed's agreement). Ed's original maps can't be shared for TSR/WotC legal reasons, but they're not much different from the 2e published maps (minus KaraTur and Maztica).
You would recognize Ed's original Realms as "the" published Realms of 2e, 3e, and 3.5e...
love,
THO
Go to Top of Page

Mercurius
Acolyte

7 Posts

Posted - 25 Oct 2014 :  01:55:17  Show Profile Send Mercurius a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by The Hooded One

Hi again, all.
Yes, Ed created Morueme and brood. Yes, there are other clans, details to come in time...
Mercurius, your question has been asked and answered many times. In short, the Bloodstone lands were added, and Ed's Hebrides/Earthsea island-like Moonshaes replaced by the continent-like Doug Niles Moonshaes (with Ed's agreement). Ed's original maps can't be shared for TSR/WotC legal reasons, but they're not much different from the 2e published maps (minus KaraTur and Maztica).
You would recognize Ed's original Realms as "the" published Realms of 2e, 3e, and 3.5e...
love,
THO

Thanks!

A follow-up question: How did (does) Ed envision Abeir-Toril beyond Faerun? As you said, Kara-Tur and Maztica wouldn't be there, and presumably not Zakhara/Al-Qadim, but what about Osse, Katashaka, and Anchorome? What's east of Thay?
Go to Top of Page

Rymac
Learned Scribe

USA
315 Posts

Posted - 25 Oct 2014 :  05:26:24  Show Profile  Visit Rymac's Homepage Send Rymac a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Mercurius
Thanks!

A follow-up question: How did (does) Ed envision Abeir-Toril beyond Faerun? As you said, Kara-Tur and Maztica wouldn't be there, and presumably not Zakhara/Al-Qadim, but what about Osse, Katashaka, and Anchorome? What's east of Thay?

I'm not as up-to-date as THO's knowledge of the Realms, but some of this is answered in Ed's Ed Greenwood Presents Elminster's Forgotten Realms. According to Ed's notes at the time, Thay was a "China/Far-Eastern empire of mystery and menace." Calimshan and lands further south were the place to find the Realms' "Middle East/Arabian Nights." Interestingly, Ed also speculated that Anauroch was a possible location for the Desert of Desolation series.
Go to Top of Page

xaeyruudh
Master of Realmslore

USA
1853 Posts

Posted - 25 Oct 2014 :  06:42:21  Show Profile  Visit xaeyruudh's Homepage Send xaeyruudh a Private Message
I suspect that this may have been asked before, and if so I shall make a more dedicated search of the previous scrolls.

Lantanna is used in the gray box to describe the people of Lantan... but I've also seen Lantanese used this way in other sources. Also, there's at least once use of Lantar to describe ships. This last one is confusing since Lantar is also a title for a certain member of the Ayrorch.

So... what's the correct usage of these words? Are Lantanna and Lantanese interchangeable (maybe just in common speech by folks from other realms)?

Also, I notice that the members of the Ayrorch circa 1357 are all given only one name. Is this typical, or are these just first or last names for the sake of keeping the list brief?

Thank you, as always!
Go to Top of Page

Fellfire
Master of Realmslore

1965 Posts

Posted - 25 Oct 2014 :  15:37:39  Show Profile Send Fellfire a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by The Hooded One

Hi again, all.
love,
THO

Thanks THO, can't wait

Misanthorpe

Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One

5056 Posts

Posted - 25 Oct 2014 :  19:39:15  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message
Hi again, all.
This time, answers from my notes and a quick chat with Ed, for xaeyruudh's queries: "Lantanna is used in the gray box to describe the people of Lantan... but I've also seen Lantanese used this way in other sources. Also, there's at least once use of Lantar to describe ships. This last one is confusing since Lantar is also a title for a certain member of the Ayrorch.
So... what's the correct usage of these words? Are Lantanna and Lantanese interchangeable (maybe just in common speech by folks from other realms)?
Also, I notice that the members of the Ayrorch circa 1357 are all given only one name. Is this typical, or are these just first or last names for the sake of keeping the list brief?
Thank you, as always!"

So, here we go. If one is being as proper and pedantic as a sage, "Lantanna" are the people, and "Lantanese" is something made in Lantan or recognizably from Lantan, such as a garment or sort of wine or cheese. However, over time, sloppiness in everyday speech on the part of folk from elsewhere in the Realms has made the two terms both mean the collective "people of Lantan" or that an individual is from Lantan, and the term "Lantar" has begun to be used for "things from/of Lantan." Such shifts and changes happen in all living languages, the Common Tongue in the Realms very much so.
And the names of 1357 DR-era Ayrorch members are like real-world popes or English monarchs: they have their own longer names, but choose to serve or reign under a single name that may or may not have anything directly do with their "usual" names.
(And yes, that Lantar overlap is confusing and therefore regrettable.)
love,
THO
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One

5056 Posts

Posted - 25 Oct 2014 :  19:52:51  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message
. . . And I'm back, with a little more for Mercurius, re. these: "A follow-up question: How did (does) Ed envision Abeir-Toril beyond Faerun? As you said, Kara-Tur and Maztica wouldn't be there, and presumably not Zakhara/Al-Qadim, but what about Osse, Katashaka, and Anchorome? What's east of Thay?"

In Ed's original Realms, there were huge landmasses east of Thay (Sossal, Raurin, Durpar, and the trade roads, just as in the published Realms), and mountain ranges and unmapped lands beyond the Utter East (east and south). Zakhara did exist, as an Arabian-like hot desert with oases and verdant mountain valleys region, though not under that name, and Anchorome, the archipelago one could go island-hopping through, was Ed's creation and was in the original Realms (it was used in a 1979-era campaign run by Ed). A landmass would be found where Maztica is, just not an overtly Mayan/etc. real-world one, and the continent Ed added as Laerakond existed in somewhat different form, that included jungles of the sort found in Katashka.
(In general, Ed's original Realms did not model real-world analogues as closely as the published Realms ended up doing.)
love,
THO

Go to Top of Page

Demzer
Senior Scribe

873 Posts

Posted - 25 Oct 2014 :  19:54:34  Show Profile Send Demzer a Private Message
Gracious Lady, Revered Master,

is there any detail you can spare about the warring families of the Land of Two Princes in the Border Kingdoms? Can you give us brief descriptions of important/interesting family members (both Amcorth and Meldrist) around the 1370s DR?
Some related questions:
- What caused the two original knights to be exiled from Cormyr?
- Is it possible for members of either family to go back to Cormyr and "cleanse their names" during Alusair's regency or are they beyond any chance of royal forgiveness?
- Have members of the two families ever worked together to bring the feud to an end and rule jointly (in one way or another)?
- Has there ever been a "Romeo and Juliet" situation (maybe without suicides)?
- Who enforced the rules of the Hunt through magic?
- Are there renowned veterans of either side of the Hunt roaming wider Faerun around the 1370s DR?
- Do all the various mercenary trainers of Gallard work with both families, either or neither?

Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

Duneth Despana
Learned Scribe

Belgium
273 Posts

Posted - 26 Oct 2014 :  01:37:48  Show Profile Send Duneth Despana a Private Message
I hope it's not bad manners to ask another question before receiving an answer on the first, but, does Amn have a national coat-of-arms? if yes what does it look like?

quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos

When I think about it, I'm not sure that I was right way back in 2008 when I mentioned the possibility of Ed giving us this info.

I'd ping him on his thread to see what the answer is.

-- George Krashos

« There is no overriding « epic » in the Realms, but rather a large number of stories, adventures, and encounters going on all the time. [...]. Each creative mind adds to the base, creating, defining, and making their contribution to the rich diversity of the Realms. [...]. But Ed built the stage upon which all the plays are presented. Thanks Ed. » -FR Comic no.1
Go to Top of Page

Knightfall
Learned Scribe

Canada
148 Posts

Posted - 26 Oct 2014 :  08:10:48  Show Profile  Visit Knightfall's Homepage Send Knightfall a Private Message
I have more Realmsian questions for THO and Ed.

I'm wondering what Real World games exist in Toril -- besides the standard gambling games. What about other card and board games? Cribbage and/or bridge, for example? And what about sports in the Realms? Does cricket exist on Toril? What about something like lacrosse? (I'm assuming that the more popular North American sports don't exist in the Realms. Although, soccer hooligans would be a fun encounter, once.) Does the Realms have its own version of the Olympics?

And since I'm eager for Waterdeep lore, what non-gambling games are popular in the city? What sporting events would be suitable for a campaign set Waterdeep?

Thank you for considering my questions,

KF72

Edited by - Knightfall on 26 Oct 2014 08:11:21
Go to Top of Page

Penknight
Senior Scribe

USA
538 Posts

Posted - 27 Oct 2014 :  11:49:26  Show Profile Send Penknight a Private Message
One I would like to add, if that is alright. If you're an elf from Evermeet, what are you called? Evermeetian, or something else? I honestly can't figure out what they would be called, and I've been trying to for about a week now. :-)

Telethian Phoenix
Pathfinder Reference Document
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 27 Oct 2014 :  12:24:03  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Penknight

One I would like to add, if that is alright. If you're an elf from Evermeet, what are you called? Evermeetian, or something else? I honestly can't figure out what they would be called, and I've been trying to for about a week now. :-)

Pretty sure I've seen "Everaer" somewhere (or maybe "Everaen"), but I could be mistaken. Obviously, we'll have to wait for Ed or his lovely Hooded assistant to chime in.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

DM Novus
Acolyte

8 Posts

Posted - 27 Oct 2014 :  15:56:48  Show Profile Send DM Novus a Private Message
Hoping that maybe this can get considered by Ed. Thank you in advance.

quote:
Originally posted by DM Novus

Hello,
Does anyone have additional information related to 1351: Year of the Crown…and as it relates to the Sword Coast of Faerun region?

So far, I have collected this:

1. 1351 DR: unnamed plague spreads in Baldur's Gate, following the discover of Larloch's lair (Grand History p.140)

2. Warlock's Crypt [-399], home of the terrible Larloch, is discovered on the Sword Coast by explorerers, and the few survivors bring plague to the city of Baldur's Gate.((Brian R. James and Ed Greenwood (September, 2007). The Grand History of the Realms, p. 140. Wizards of the Coast.)

3. Warlock's Crypt discovered. Plague in Baldur's Gate. (Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting)

A group of us DMs are trying to plan for a number of campaigns taking place in the year 1351, and any and all details we could scrounge up would be great to help flesh out the campaigns…before we just go ahead and detail them out ourselves.

Anyone have advice? I've also posted this to Questions for Ed…hoping something from the man himself can be learned.

Thank you.

If possible, an answer could be posted to this Topic in Sages of Realmslore: http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=19708

http://www.bgtscc1.com

Edited by - DM Novus on 28 Oct 2014 10:37:46
Go to Top of Page

Penknight
Senior Scribe

USA
538 Posts

Posted - 28 Oct 2014 :  01:25:08  Show Profile Send Penknight a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:
Originally posted by Penknight

Pretty sure I've seen "Everaer" somewhere (or maybe "Everaen"), but I could be mistaken. Obviously, we'll have to wait for Ed or his lovely Hooded assistant to chime in.

Oh? Very interesting! I've never come across anything in the reading I've done. I'm interested to hear from Lady THO and Mr. Greenwood, but I thank you for your insight!

Telethian Phoenix
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 28 Oct 2014 :  03:30:17  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message
Scratch that, it goes back further!

http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6216

quote:
Originally posted by ericlboyd

And then Ed sent a serious answer:

They are "Everaer." This means "elves born on Evermeet who choose to
remain there" (not counting brief forays to the mainland), NOT "anyone who visits Evermeet from time to time." (So Florin and Dove weren't "Everaer.")

--Eric

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!

Edited by - Wooly Rupert on 28 Oct 2014 03:35:43
Go to Top of Page

Penknight
Senior Scribe

USA
538 Posts

Posted - 28 Oct 2014 :  05:33:36  Show Profile Send Penknight a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

Scratch that, it goes back further!

http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6216

quote:
Originally posted by ericlboyd

And then Ed sent a serious answer:

They are "Everaer." This means "elves born on Evermeet who choose to
remain there" (not counting brief forays to the mainland), NOT "anyone who visits Evermeet from time to time." (So Florin and Dove weren't "Everaer.")

--Eric

Wow! Thanks Wooly! That's one that I'm very grateful to have answered!

Telethian Phoenix
Go to Top of Page

xaeyruudh
Master of Realmslore

USA
1853 Posts

Posted - 28 Oct 2014 :  20:32:39  Show Profile  Visit xaeyruudh's Homepage Send xaeyruudh a Private Message
Dearest THO, does Ed have a name for the sahuagin language? If there's more than one, perhaps the one that might be used in the Alamber Sea? But if you have another in your notes I would love that too! Thank you both!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 29 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000