Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Becoming a Lich
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

zadiac
Acolyte

10 Posts

Posted - 19 Feb 2004 :  01:55:55  Show Profile  Visit zadiac's Homepage Send zadiac a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
There is a player in my game that has shown interest in becoming a lich.
Is there a book that has rules for making a character into a lich?
Or does someone have some house rules or suggestions on how to do it?

Ezindir the dark
Senior Scribe

Norway
603 Posts

Posted - 19 Feb 2004 :  08:39:36  Show Profile  Visit Ezindir the dark's Homepage Send Ezindir the dark a Private Message  Reply with Quote
interesting topic this one, I will have to check a little around.

Learn about the Ways of Vhaeraun .
- Check out my bio, majore update
- The Wanderers Quest

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 19 Feb 2004 :  10:02:08  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The single best tome I've ever read that details the Lich, and the processes necessary to undergo the transformation is the 2e 'Ravenloft' tome Van Richten's Guide to Liches. It has all the complete details, and covers everything you will need for this character to enjoy the 'dark path' that is before him. It will require some conversion, but the results will be well worth it I can assure you.

Other than that, both Mongoose Publishing, and Green Ronin Publishing offer some very good books on Liches that will also detail everything (rules and fluff) you will require. The only bonus being they are already written in 3e stats.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Ezindir the dark
Senior Scribe

Norway
603 Posts

Posted - 19 Feb 2004 :  14:44:16  Show Profile  Visit Ezindir the dark's Homepage Send Ezindir the dark a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Okey, heres what I found out:
Check out page 874, Volume III of the Ecyclopedia Magica, the Potion of Lichdom---

It covers the whole process...

I also think that the process is in the Van Richten's Monstrous Hunter Compendium, Volume II...

Learn about the Ways of Vhaeraun .
- Check out my bio, majore update
- The Wanderers Quest

Go to Top of Page

Faraer
Great Reader

3308 Posts

Posted - 19 Feb 2004 :  14:50:31  Show Profile  Visit Faraer's Homepage Send Faraer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The fullest descriptions of the lichnee process in the Realms are in REF5 Lords of Darkness and SJR1 Lost Ships (for archliches), both by Ed. This may be the text reproduced in Encyclopedia Magica.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000