Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The Candlekeep Web Site
 Site Content
 The Sage has a query for Alaundo...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 13 Mar 2004 :  04:58:54  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
...I'm just picking up from something you had said in another scroll, namely the now sealed Missing Moderators??? scroll -
quote:
That said, (have you been reading my personal scrolls, Shadowlord? ), we are to be announcing the opportunity for Master Scribes of Candlekeep, to aid us in some of the libraries tasks.... watch this space.
Has anything new developed with this little tidbit of knowledge recently...?

I was just curious...

[Special note: since this is just a query for Alaundo, I am assuming that there is really no need for other scribes to reply]

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 13 Mar 2004 :  10:33:16  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met

Indeed, Sage. This was announced in the last update. Apologies for me not stating such in the Missing Moderator scroll.

However, there is more to what I mentioned.... it isn't over yet Furthermore, watch this space.

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 13 Mar 2004 :  14:32:37  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ah...no apologies are necessary Alaundo, I should have taken more notice in the 'Updates' scroll that you mentioned. The fault is entirely mine...

I am intrigued though, by the details mentioned in rest of your post...I wait in eager anticipation for the resolution of these same details...

Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 13 Mar 2004 :  16:16:52  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

Ah...no apologies are necessary Alaundo, I should have taken more notice in the 'Updates' scroll that you mentioned. The fault is entirely mine...

Well, don't be too hard on yourself as I totally missed it as well. Hey, that was a large update with a great deal of material, I can't help it if my senses got overloaded with Realms' goodies.

Thank you Sage for making this thread so I could see what I missed and to Alaundo for the update with the Head Scribe information.
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 14 Mar 2004 :  02:59:40  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I suppose...

Still, I've always prided myself on attention to details (well, those details that I can remember)...This normally would not have happened. But, as you say, there was a lot of 'Realms goodness' to chew through...

Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 16 Mar 2004 :  08:44:32  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Of course, since nothing new was actually said, your overlooking this bit is easily forgiven. Especially with all that other stuff. (That picture of Elminster's tower is really something, isn't it? I wonder if Mr. Greenwood's seen it?)

Hell hath no fury like all of Candlekeep rising in defense of one of its own.

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 16 Mar 2004 :  10:08:15  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A picture of Elminster's Tower!...It appears as though I missed that little tidbit as well...

Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 16 Mar 2004 :  10:49:38  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

A picture of Elminster's Tower!...It appears as though I missed that little tidbit as well...

Well met

Indeed, Michael Mueller has since provided an updated picture of Elminsters Tower as well as a picture of Shadowdale, which is very impressive. These will be displayed for all to see in the next update, hopefully within the next tenday.

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 16 Mar 2004 :  11:49:28  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
'A picture of Shadowdale as well...' I wonder whether Michael Mueller had made use of the available (and official) 'Shadowdale 'maps from both 2nd and 3rd edition FR. It would be nice, since those maps are the only accurate source we have on what the town of Shadowdale looks like, and it would be of great help for him to make certain his illustration puts everything in it's proper place...

Either way (and judging from the Elminster's Tower illustration), I sure it will be a grand picture indeed...

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000