Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Moonshae Trilogy:New Covers
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

CurseLord
Acolyte

35 Posts

Posted - 29 Apr 2004 :  23:10:41  Show Profile  Visit CurseLord's Homepage Send CurseLord a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I was looking on the product page for Wizards, and noticed that the Moonshae trilogy, the first FR novel trilogy I believe, will be republished and with new covers.

Black Wizards http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=products/frnovel/176170000

Darkwell http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=products/frnovel/176200000

I would also, link Darkwalker on Moonshae but that link doesn't seem to be working.

Well, I am defently looking foward to this because I always wanted to read these novels.

VEDSICA
Senior Scribe

USA
466 Posts

Posted - 30 Apr 2004 :  03:50:57  Show Profile  Visit VEDSICA's Homepage Send VEDSICA a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Even though I have given up on some of the art.These look rather good.Nice job!!!!!

LIFE,BIRTH,BLOOD,DOOM---THE HOLE IN THE GROUND IS COMING ROUND SOON----BLS
Go to Top of Page

BobROE
Learned Scribe

Canada
106 Posts

Posted - 30 Apr 2004 :  04:27:38  Show Profile  Visit BobROE's Homepage Send BobROE a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Great, now I can get one of the 3 series I'm missing.
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 30 Apr 2004 :  04:29:53  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CurseLord
I would also, link Darkwalker on Moonshae but that link doesn't seem to be working.

Give it a day or two and the link will be functional again. Such an error almost always happens when WOTC does an update to the site.
Go to Top of Page

Lord Rad
Great Reader

United Kingdom
2080 Posts

Posted - 30 Apr 2004 :  09:16:41  Show Profile  Visit Lord Rad's Homepage Send Lord Rad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Im not sure I can take anymore of this! Cover art everywhere!! Wooohoooooo ::runs around room giddy::

Love the covers, and the Moonshae Trilogy was the first FR trilogy I read. The Black Wizards cover is amazing. Whilst its clearly another WotC cash-in ill definately be getting these.

Always hoping that WotC get Doug Niles to write more Moonshae novels.

Lord Rad

"What? No, I wasn't reading your module. I was just looking at the pictures"
Go to Top of Page

Lord Rad
Great Reader

United Kingdom
2080 Posts

Posted - 30 Apr 2004 :  09:20:21  Show Profile  Visit Lord Rad's Homepage Send Lord Rad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Of course the trend of releasing novels with new covers has the danger of WotC doing it for ALL older FR novels. Are we to see the Finders Stone Trilogy, Heroes of Phlan etc. rereleased? I think getting a complete duplicate collection of FR novels is going a bit far for me

Lord Rad

Go to Top of Page

Lord Rad
Great Reader

United Kingdom
2080 Posts

Posted - 30 Apr 2004 :  09:31:13  Show Profile  Visit Lord Rad's Homepage Send Lord Rad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I also noticed that these versions also have an introduction by Ed Greenwood

....also, what is "mass market edition"?! is that like the format of the new Shandril's Saga?

Lord Rad

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 30 Apr 2004 :  09:38:01  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, I'm certainly glad to hear this. As I've said before, the Moonshae trilogy was the first Realms series I ever read, just shortly after it was first published. It will be nice to add these fine novels to my always-increasing collection. I'm not sure whether I'll re-read them, but these reprints will always hold a special meaning for me .

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Kameron M. Franklin
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
228 Posts

Posted - 30 Apr 2004 :  16:47:34  Show Profile  Visit Kameron M. Franklin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Rad

....also, what is "mass market edition"?! is that like the format of the new Shandril's Saga?

"Mass-market" is the industry term for paperback.

"You keep saying that word. I do not think it means what you think it means." --Inigo Montoya, The Princess Bride
Go to Top of Page

Bladesinger
Acolyte

Turkey
35 Posts

Posted - 01 May 2004 :  22:16:15  Show Profile Send Bladesinger a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Good for us who live in countries that didn't have TSR distributors back in early 90's. It's impossible to find them (or Azure Bonds, Maztica etc.) here and most people on e-bay won't send them overseas.
Go to Top of Page

Elmonster
Acolyte

Russia
49 Posts

Posted - 07 May 2004 :  07:39:51  Show Profile  Visit Elmonster's Homepage Send Elmonster a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Good for us who live in countries that didn't have TSR distributors back in early 90's. It's impossible to find them (or Azure Bonds, Maztica etc.) here and most people on e-bay won't send them overseas.

Right, rereleasing old novels is a great opportunity for everyone who wants to read these novels, but for some reasons haven't bought them when they were on shelves.

As for me, i'll buy the books. And hope that WotC will publsih Druidhome Trilogy

I wished on the seven sisters
Bring me the wisdom of the age
All that's locked within the book of secrets
I longed for the knowledge of the sage...

Fires at Midnight, Blackmore's Night
Go to Top of Page

costas
Acolyte

Greece
8 Posts

Posted - 26 Jun 2004 :  05:40:25  Show Profile  Visit costas's Homepage Send costas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
i am also glad that the moonshae trilogy will be reprinted, and truly i wish wotc would reprint older novels more. there are many people out there who want to read certain books and they can't.

i'd just wish now that songs&swords series would be reprinted

please cope with any spelling mistakes :) english is not my native language
Go to Top of Page

Valondil the Ranger
Learned Scribe

USA
109 Posts

Posted - 26 Jun 2004 :  06:10:34  Show Profile  Visit Valondil the Ranger's Homepage Send Valondil the Ranger a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Does anyone have an idea who did the new covers? It looks like Matt Stawicki's work, but I can't be sure...

--Your humble ranger,
Valondil

Check out my webpage at http://iankappos.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 26 Jun 2004 :  06:35:47  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Valondil the Ranger

Does anyone have an idea who did the new covers? It looks like Matt Stawicki's work, but I can't be sure...

I was just about to ask as I have no clue either. By the way, the link for Darkwalker on Moonshae is now working.
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 26 Jun 2004 :  06:37:39  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by costas
i'd just wish now that songs&swords series would be reprinted

Not sure if that will happen. Those books themselves are reprints from the Harper series.
Go to Top of Page

Valondil the Ranger
Learned Scribe

USA
109 Posts

Posted - 26 Jun 2004 :  17:00:29  Show Profile  Visit Valondil the Ranger's Homepage Send Valondil the Ranger a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Later on down the road (i.e. five years or so) they might make reprints of Songs and Swords with the new FR logo. Or they might make a boxed set edition or a Collector's Edition omnibus, so it seems a very likely possibility, though it does not look like it'll be soon...

--Your humble ranger,
Valondil

Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 26 Jun 2004 :  18:02:23  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Valondil the Ranger
Or they might make a boxed set edition or a Collector's Edition omnibus, so it seems a very likely possibility, though it does not look like it'll be soon...

Agreed, if it does happen it will not be in the near future. I for one will be very surprised to see something like a boxed set, but would be happy if it did occur.
Go to Top of Page

Valondil the Ranger
Learned Scribe

USA
109 Posts

Posted - 26 Jun 2004 :  22:39:50  Show Profile  Visit Valondil the Ranger's Homepage Send Valondil the Ranger a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes, but I would like to see them with the new FR logo first. I like this one much more than the previous.

--Your humble ranger,
Valondil

Go to Top of Page

Windshear
Acolyte

10 Posts

Posted - 28 Jun 2004 :  11:17:59  Show Profile  Visit Windshear's Homepage Send Windshear a Private Message  Reply with Quote
yippee, I can get a copy of Darkwell. :) I picked Darkwalker and Black Wizards for $4 at a second hand shop the other day, but they didn't have the third book. Unfortunately they only had a sporadic collection of FR books - some of the harpers series, one of the maztica, and so on. *shrug*

I like to have complete sets of books :)

Work is the scourge of the drinking classes --- Oscar Wilde
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000