Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Class series
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Sourcemaster2
Senior Scribe

USA
361 Posts

Posted - 28 Jun 2004 :  17:27:40  Show Profile  Visit Sourcemaster2's Homepage Send Sourcemaster2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Are there any plans for a cleric series? How about one for a psionic class, or monks? I think that most people would prefer books focusing on classes that haven't already been used as much. There are many classes that are known only, or almost only, through sourcebooks. The Rouge series, for example, doen't seem neccessary. There are already quite a few thieves throughout the novels, whereas the more unusual classes are nearly ignored.

But what have all the passing years/Done, but breed new angers, fears?/Show me now an equal worth/To innocence I earned at birth.

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 28 Jun 2004 :  17:42:36  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sourcemaster2

Are there any plans for a cleric series? How about one for a psionic class, or monks? I think that most people would prefer books focusing on classes that haven't already been used as much. There are many classes that are known only, or almost only, through sourcebooks. The Rouge series, for example, doen't seem neccessary. There are already quite a few thieves throughout the novels, whereas the more unusual classes are nearly ignored.

Well the first novel in the Priest series is already out. After that if I recall correctly we'll have the Figher series and then the Wizard series. To my knowledge just because a novel is set in a certain series, doesn't mean we'll see a straight up fighter in each novel. Indeed, if I recall correctly, one of the fighter series will focus on a bladesinger. I'd be very surprised if we saw an entire series devoted to psionics or monks as they are less mainstream and thus might not be as appealing to the majority of readers.
Go to Top of Page

Sourcemaster2
Senior Scribe

USA
361 Posts

Posted - 28 Jun 2004 :  17:46:00  Show Profile  Visit Sourcemaster2's Homepage Send Sourcemaster2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sorry, I forgot about the Priest series. Are there going to be many prestige classes used?

But what have all the passing years/Done, but breed new angers, fears?/Show me now an equal worth/To innocence I earned at birth.
Go to Top of Page

Darth KTrava
Learned Scribe

USA
172 Posts

Posted - 28 Jun 2004 :  18:27:28  Show Profile  Visit Darth KTrava's Homepage Send Darth KTrava a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SiriusBlack

Well the first novel in the Priest series is already out.

Sounds like a trip to Waldenbooks after I get my paycheck....

Evil will be dealt with swiftly as it is my duty to remove such evil from my presence.
-Rozhena, Cleric/Divine Champion of Torm
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 28 Jun 2004 :  18:29:23  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sourcemaster2

Sorry, I forgot about the Priest series. Are there going to be many prestige classes used?

No idea, if you do a search you could probably find some threads that give brief descriptions of what each novel focuses on. However, I don't recall any PrCs being mentioned.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000