Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Confusion and inconsistencies
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Palmate
Acolyte

USA
18 Posts

Posted - 07 May 2004 :  17:39:03  Show Profile  Visit Palmate's Homepage Send Palmate a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I’m looking for as much information as possible on the small hamlet of Eagle Peak. The text, Volo’s Guide to Cormyr offered several bits of information.
1. 600 purple Dragons are assigned to the hamlet
2. The hamlet is made up of a dozen or so structures
3. Population of Hamlet is approximately 150 souls.
Not all the above is from that same source, some was gathered from other published sources.

I’m interested in as much detail as possible concerning this tiny hamlet. The numbers don’t seem to add up; I don’t expect it to be historical, but some clarifications would be very helpful. I’m looking for information circa 1362 DR.

Thanks again for all your help.

Palmate

Roewyn
Learned Scribe

114 Posts

Posted - 07 May 2004 :  20:23:17  Show Profile  Visit Roewyn's Homepage Send Roewyn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
[Volo’s Guide to Cormyr, p. 205-206]

This fortified trade town offers a base for merchants and adventurers bold enough to enter the Farsea Marshes or Tunland. The more prudent stay here and the Marsh Drovers of the Farsea Marshes come to them, selling their Death Cheese (made from catoblepas milk) in the marketplace. One-pound blocks cost 2 gp each in the Peak, rather than the 5 gp that Aurora’s Catalogue Shops and most other outlets typically charge. Less well known, but even tastier, is the delicately herbed Deadeye Butter, also made from catoblepas milk. The market is also notable for the hill sheep, mountain goats, and furs to be had here, as well as the usual assortment of tools, hardware, and furniture brought by caravans.
Eagle Peak is home to a Purple Dragon garrison of 600, here iebored in the back of beyondln as their mournful trail song puts it. They protect Cormyr’s backside from Zhent, Tun brigand, and orc horde attacks.
It is a bleak place, kept all of stone, tile, and slate to prevent fires from being started by incendiary missiles in a siege and to aid in the resetting of the many warning wards everywhere when they are triggered. The Peak’s best-kept secrets are its tiny walled gardens, where residents nurture their own small slices of verdant woodland. Typically these plots hold a tiny pump-fed pool surrounded by ferns, mosses, shrubs, and a few trees carefully pruned and tied to grow bushy and stunted, curving over to roof in the garden with their boughs. Residents use these private bowers to dine in, court in, and to entertain friends or honored guests.
The Peak does not have inns or taverns as they are known elsewhere in Cormyr but rather hot food shops, stables, and rooming houses. The traveler must use these services separately. The Eagle Peak stables guarantee mounts. If mounts are lost or stolen while in their care, they give the owners replacements that are as good or better than what was lost as can be managed.

Sorry nothing more about eagle peak that you don't know.
As far as I know that's all about eagle peak. There are no notable nobles. I suggest you to create all you need. Eagle peak is a great place for adventures I bet you will find what you need if you think about it.

Edited by - Alaundo on 08 May 2004 12:41:36
Go to Top of Page

Palmate
Acolyte

USA
18 Posts

Posted - 24 May 2004 :  15:32:04  Show Profile  Visit Palmate's Homepage Send Palmate a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the information Roewyn,

But unfortunately that is the information I already have. Anyone have anything else? Canon or not, I would love to hear how you described this location in your games, and perhaps some of the places in and around this frontier location in Cormyr.

Thanks again for all the diligent work.

Palmate
Go to Top of Page

cpthero2
Great Reader

USA
2285 Posts

Posted - 30 Sep 2018 :  16:16:14  Show Profile  Visit cpthero2's Homepage Send cpthero2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Seeker Palmate,

Here is the information that you seek I believe, but some has already been covered herein below, some not.

http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Eagle_Peak

Best regards,

quote:
Originally posted by Palmate

I’m looking for as much information as possible on the small hamlet of Eagle Peak. The text, Volo’s Guide to Cormyr offered several bits of information.
1. 600 purple Dragons are assigned to the hamlet
2. The hamlet is made up of a dozen or so structures
3. Population of Hamlet is approximately 150 souls.
Not all the above is from that same source, some was gathered from other published sources.

I’m interested in as much detail as possible concerning this tiny hamlet. The numbers don’t seem to add up; I don’t expect it to be historical, but some clarifications would be very helpful. I’m looking for information circa 1362 DR.

Thanks again for all your help.

Palmate

Higher Atlar
Spirit Soaring
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000