Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 House Durothil of Evermeet.
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Nightfall
Acolyte

1 Posts

Posted - 23 May 2004 :  14:48:41  Show Profile  Visit Nightfall's Homepage Send Nightfall a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Greetings,

I have been working for some time on a gold elf fighter of the Evermeetian house Durothil, problem is I am having troubles to find more information about the house and it's history, Since I have a copy of elves of Evermeet I read about the house, still, it was not enough to aid me in the creation, espically when this character belongs to Durothil, a very ancient elven house and I thus I will want to be precise about things my character says, I would really appreciate any scrap of information about Durothil and it's history, particularly about it's activities around the fall of Myth Drannor and the elven retreat.

Thanks.

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 23 May 2004 :  15:13:32  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This is a very particular request . It may take a while to completely search everything that would be considered relevant to contain such source information.

Give me some time...

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 23 May 2004 :  15:16:46  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Okay, here's some basic information to begin with -

http://oracle.wizards.com/scripts/wa.exe?A2=ind0103D&L=realms-l&P=R1570&m=33194

http://oracle.wizards.com/scripts/wa.exe?A2=ind0111A&L=realms-l&P=R5893&m=33194

http://oracle.wizards.com/scripts/wa.exe?A2=ind0204B&L=realms-l&P=R5237&m=33194

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 23 May 2004 :  15:37:37  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Elaine's Evermeet novel is also useful..... The Cormanthyr sourcebook also has some text about that house.

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium

Edited by - Kuje on 23 May 2004 15:38:38
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 23 May 2004 :  15:42:35  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Nightfall
espically when this character belongs to Durothil, a very ancient elven house and I thus I will want to be precise about things my character says, I would really appreciate any scrap of information about Durothil and it's history, particularly about it's activities around the fall of Myth Drannor and the elven retreat.

Thanks.

Cormanthyr: Empire of Elves features some information from this clan on pages 113-114.

If you would like some template on possible ways your Durothil can act, pick up a copy of Elaine Cunningham's Evermeet: Island of Elves. This novel contains chapters on some Durothil clan members throughout history. My personal favorite is the friendship between one Vhoori Durothil and Brindarry Nierdre.
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 23 May 2004 :  15:46:02  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by kuje31

Elaine's Evermeet novel is also useful..... The Cormanthyr sourcebook also has some text about that house.

The latter can be downloaded here

http://www.wizards.com/dnd/files/2/fr_downloads/tsr1165.zip
Go to Top of Page

cpthero2
Great Reader

USA
2285 Posts

Posted - 30 Sep 2018 :  16:15:01  Show Profile  Visit cpthero2's Homepage Send cpthero2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Acolyte Nightfall,

The novel, Forsake House by Richard Baker is also a good source. I think the rest of the citations have already been listed here within this thread.

Best regards,

quote:
Originally posted by Nightfall

Greetings,

I have been working for some time on a gold elf fighter of the Evermeetian house Durothil, problem is I am having troubles to find more information about the house and it's history, Since I have a copy of elves of Evermeet I read about the house, still, it was not enough to aid me in the creation, espically when this character belongs to Durothil, a very ancient elven house and I thus I will want to be precise about things my character says, I would really appreciate any scrap of information about Durothil and it's history, particularly about it's activities around the fall of Myth Drannor and the elven retreat.

Thanks.

Higher Atlar
Spirit Soaring
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000