Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Opinions on Death Masks?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Erikor
Seeker

Norway
60 Posts

Posted - 19 Mar 2022 :  22:22:03  Show Profile Send Erikor a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Death Masks by Ed Greenwood. I wouldn't say it was great. I usually like Ed's books, I really liked Spellstorm, but I was a bit disappointed after reading this one. It started out interesting, but it felt too long and I really didn't like the ending. What do you guys think about it?

Edited by - Erikor on 19 Mar 2022 22:27:30

HighOne
Learned Scribe

214 Posts

Posted - 19 Mar 2022 :  23:51:22  Show Profile Send HighOne a Private Message  Reply with Quote
As a book, it's pretty ho-hum. Long, as you say, and somewhat meandering, I thought. There wasn't much structure to it; a lot of different characters run around Waterdeep and get into trouble.

But it's Ed Greenwood writing about Waterdeep, so that alone gives it some value. If you plan to set a game in the City of Splendors, it's worth reading.
Go to Top of Page

Artemas Entreri
Great Reader

USA
3131 Posts

Posted - 24 Mar 2022 :  16:37:02  Show Profile Send Artemas Entreri a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Abyssmal.

Some people have a way with words, and other people...oh, uh, not have way. -Steve Martin

Amazon "KindleUnlimited" Free Trial: http://amzn.to/2AJ4yD2

Try Audible and Get 2 Free Audio Books! https://amzn.to/2IgBede
Go to Top of Page

Renin
Learned Scribe

USA
290 Posts

Posted - 27 Mar 2022 :  14:33:27  Show Profile Send Renin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I found it to be a really bad novel. I'll love lore forever and ever, but this story and tale-telling was not good.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000