Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 continuation of Entreri/Jarlaxle from SOTS?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Lomiir
Acolyte

5 Posts

Posted - 02 Jun 2004 :  20:24:59  Show Profile  Visit Lomiir's Homepage Send Lomiir a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I was wondering if anyone knows of a continuation of the story of Jarlaxle/Entreri at the end of Servant of the Shard? Are there plans for Mr. Salvatore to write any books about them?

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 02 Jun 2004 :  20:43:21  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lomiir

I was wondering if anyone knows of a continuation of the story of Jarlaxle/Entreri at the end of Servant of the Shard? Are there plans for Mr. Salvatore to write any books about them?

I believe I recall this question being asked to Mr. Salvatore during his interview with Mortality Radio. To my recollection, Mr. Salvatore answered that there were no plans at the time to continue their story, but it would be something he'd be interested in once his current FR trilogy concluded. The interview can be downloaded here.
Go to Top of Page

Valondil the Ranger
Learned Scribe

USA
109 Posts

Posted - 02 Jun 2004 :  23:05:43  Show Profile  Visit Valondil the Ranger's Homepage Send Valondil the Ranger a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes, he is going to. He announced it to the RAS messageboard about two months ago or even more. He will write another Artemis/Jarlaxle book, but he does not know if it will be writing a series or not, though.

--Your humble ranger,
Valondil

Check out my webpage at http://iankappos.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 02 Jun 2004 :  23:52:42  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Valondil the Ranger

Yes, he is going to. He announced it to the RAS messageboard about two months ago or even more. He will write another Artemis/Jarlaxle book, but he does not know if it will be writing a series or not, though.

Anyone have a link to this announcement on the RAS messageboard?
Go to Top of Page

Ignorance Personified
Seeker

USA
78 Posts

Posted - 03 Jun 2004 :  18:34:59  Show Profile  Visit Ignorance Personified's Homepage Send Ignorance Personified a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Not an "official annoucement," but the best I could find---His second response

Here it is (I hope)http://p197.ezboard.com/frasalvatoreforumsfrm7.showMessageRange?topicID=453.topic&start=581&stop=584

Carthago delenda est.
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 03 Jun 2004 :  18:43:58  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ignorance Personified

Not an "official annoucement," but the best I could find---His second response

Here it is (I hope)http://p197.ezboard.com/frasalvatoreforumsfrm7.showMessageRange?topicID=453.topic&start=581&stop=584

Thanks Ignorance Personified. Nice name by the way.

For those who don't want to follow the link, below are the excerpts I pulled regarding the topic:

quote:

Next up is a book or two about Entreri and Jarlaxle and then it’s back to the gang, likely, though I know not where, why or how. Or if I do, I’m not telling!

In looking at his replies, he comes across as nice as he was in the Mortality Radio Interview. Very nice to see.
Go to Top of Page

Valondil the Ranger
Learned Scribe

USA
109 Posts

Posted - 04 Jun 2004 :  05:48:14  Show Profile  Visit Valondil the Ranger's Homepage Send Valondil the Ranger a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes, Sirius, he is a very nice person. I've talked with him a few times and he hasn't been anything lower than a great, polite guy.

Also, you should become a registered user on his messageboard. The people are nice there and they'll welcome you with open arms. Also, my screen name is "thedestructionoftheplanet" in case you want to get in touch with me for questions about the board.

--Your humble ranger,
Valondil

Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 04 Jun 2004 :  05:56:42  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Valondil the Ranger

Yes, Sirius, he is a very nice person. I've talked with him a few times and he hasn't been anything lower than a great, polite guy.

Always nice to hear. I've never seen anything but classy behavior from FR writers/staff save for one exception.

quote:

Also, you should become a registered user on his messageboard. The people are nice there and they'll welcome you with open arms. Also, my screen name is "thedestructionoftheplanet" in case you want to get in touch with me for questions about the board.

Thank you for the friendly offer. However, I think this board and the one other author board I visit are enough for now.
Go to Top of Page

Valondil the Ranger
Learned Scribe

USA
109 Posts

Posted - 11 Jun 2004 :  18:10:42  Show Profile  Visit Valondil the Ranger's Homepage Send Valondil the Ranger a Private Message  Reply with Quote
NEWS UPDATE:

I just looked at the thread on the RAS Messageboard where the fans ask Mr. Salvatore questions. In answer to one question concerning the future Jarlaxle/Entreri books he informed us that he will be writing two new books featuring these villains. The titles will include the word "Servant" so they can tie in with Servant of the Shard and so in later days they could all be included in an omnibus. From what he said, the next two Jarlaxle/Entreri books should take place directly after the previous Servant of the Shard.

END OF NEWS UPDATE

Now, for you Sirius, who was the mean author that you talked to?

--Your humble ranger,
Valondil

Go to Top of Page

GnomeBoy
Acolyte

South Africa
29 Posts

Posted - 12 Jun 2004 :  18:27:59  Show Profile  Visit GnomeBoy's Homepage Send GnomeBoy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have to Say. I will be extremely happy if another book or perhaps even a Series will be wrote about Entreri/Jarlaxle, because in my opinion they are the two coolest characters in FR!.....alongside Bumpo Thunderpuncher of course. :)
Can anyone tell me anything about Entreri/Jarlaxle's history?
I'm dying to know!! :)
in the Legacy or starless night, it states that the only person who knows Jarlaxles history is Matron Baenre and....well...let's just say Bruenor made stopped that source of information. :)
Can anyone plz help me?
Go to Top of Page

GnomeBoy
Acolyte

South Africa
29 Posts

Posted - 16 Jun 2004 :  19:43:52  Show Profile  Visit GnomeBoy's Homepage Send GnomeBoy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I just finished rereading SOTS and I noticed they say in the last lines of the book they say Jarlaxle Baenre etc.
and i saw my typo :(
Go to Top of Page

DDH_101
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1272 Posts

Posted - 16 Jun 2004 :  23:31:10  Show Profile  Visit DDH_101's Homepage Send DDH_101 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
First of all, there's no mention of Matron Baenre knowing Jarlaxle was her son. In fact, that information about Jarlaxle being the third son isn't even mentioned until Servant of the Shard.

Second, both characters' history can be found in the Villain's Lorebook which can be downloaded at WotC.

"Trust in the shadows, for the bright way makes you an easy target." -Mask
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000