Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Military Titles and Ranks on Toril
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

CSNY225
Acolyte

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 30 Jul 2004 :  18:37:08  Show Profile  Visit CSNY225's Homepage Send CSNY225 a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Hi folks...this is my first post here, so bear with me

Here's the question: I've been searching for a list that displays various ranks and titles from the FR armies (e.g. Purple Dragons). I'm hoping for something other than General, Colonel, Commander, etc. This will be used for a PnP campaign I am participating in.

Thanks in advance to whomever helps...much appreciated!

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 30 Jul 2004 :  19:38:09  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CSNY225
Here's the question: I've been searching for a list that displays various ranks and titles from the FR armies (e.g. Purple Dragons). I'm hoping for something other than General, Colonel, Commander, etc. This will be used for a PnP campaign I am participating in.

Thanks in advance to whomever helps...much appreciated!

Check at the main site' (use the home link at the top of the screen) under the Traveler's notebooks section for an article called, Military Forces of Cormyr by Jerry Davis. That article will have information on Purple Dragon ranks.
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 30 Jul 2004 :  20:26:41  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met

Welcome, CSNY225

...and thank ye, SiriusBlack, indeed a very suitable scroll to point out. I know that the library is quite hard to navigate but you seem to have found your way around the place quite well

The scroll is here for your perusal, CSNY225.

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Hymn
Senior Scribe

Sweden
514 Posts

Posted - 30 Jul 2004 :  20:31:43  Show Profile Send Hymn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Empires of hte shining sea holds information on the titles of the Calimshite army, as well as official titels. Some of the drow books like Drizzits do Urdens guide to the underdark or such should hold information on the ranks of the drow. (not sure about the drow but I remember reading it somwhere so I am just really guessing here)and as for the hordelands army book (don't remember the correct name and I can't find it from where I am sitting, yes yes I know I am lazy) holdes titles for armies like Semphar, Shou Long etc

Sauro moki kara ochiro - Even monkeys falls from trees.

The path that leads to truth is littered with the bodies of the ignorant - Miyamoto Musashi
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000