Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The Candlekeep Web Site
 Site Content
 Big Surprise?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6646 Posts

Posted - 04 Aug 2004 :  13:32:03  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
So now that Candlekeep is up and running, where is the big surprise you promised us, Alaundo? A favourite scribe of mine from the hinterlands also mentioned something "good" on its way ....

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 04 Aug 2004 :  15:38:04  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yeah, I'm curious about it, too.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Strahd Von Zarovich
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
135 Posts

Posted - 04 Aug 2004 :  18:42:48  Show Profile  Visit Strahd Von Zarovich's Homepage Send Strahd Von Zarovich a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yeah where is it, you aged, bearded tease-meister!

:: rubs hands, knowingly what surprise is ::

Well I am sure Alaundo will get around to it. I believe he is still tyding some of the scrolls up off the floor, after the big Candlekeep disaster of 2004.

Regards

Strahd Von Zarovich

Strahd Von Zarovich

Alaundo and I invite fans of everything D&D to join us!
http://www.worldsofdnd.com
Go to Top of Page

Jerard Doonsay
Seeker

USA
65 Posts

Posted - 04 Aug 2004 :  18:53:57  Show Profile  Visit Jerard Doonsay's Homepage Send Jerard Doonsay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Surprise? What surprise? I wasn't informed of a surprise. What is it? Is it candy?

May history live forever in the writings and stories of those who wish to tell them.

Please come and enjoy my website http://ferien.aribytes.org
Go to Top of Page

The Cardinal
Senior Scribe

Canada
647 Posts

Posted - 04 Aug 2004 :  20:41:07  Show Profile  Visit The Cardinal's Homepage Send The Cardinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It's a pony! We know that's gotta be it!!!

It has to be Certain, the Gods Hate Me. For whatever irrevokable Fate, I have been made the walking Joke. Either that, or Beshaba is overlyfond Of Me.
-Unknown
Go to Top of Page

Hymn
Senior Scribe

Sweden
514 Posts

Posted - 04 Aug 2004 :  21:02:59  Show Profile Send Hymn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
or perhaps a divan so that we can carry the aged master around in the keep without him taking of his slipers. That's a big suprise as well as somthing good from Alaundo's perspective.

Sauro moki kara ochiro - Even monkeys falls from trees.

The path that leads to truth is littered with the bodies of the ignorant - Miyamoto Musashi
Go to Top of Page

hammer of Moradin
Senior Scribe

USA
758 Posts

Posted - 04 Aug 2004 :  21:43:24  Show Profile  Visit hammer of Moradin's Homepage Send hammer of Moradin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Cookies. It's gotta be cookies.

"Hurling himself upon his enemies, he terrified them with slaughter!"

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium

Candlekeep proverb: If a thing is said often enough, fools aplenty will believe it to be true.
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 04 Aug 2004 :  22:15:49  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Strahd Von Zarovich
I believe he is still tyding some of the scrolls up off the floor, after the big Candlekeep disaster of 2004.

I see the incident already has a name.
Go to Top of Page

Strahd Von Zarovich
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
135 Posts

Posted - 04 Aug 2004 :  22:31:48  Show Profile  Visit Strahd Von Zarovich's Homepage Send Strahd Von Zarovich a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SiriusBlack

quote:
Originally posted by Strahd Von Zarovich
I believe he is still tyding some of the scrolls up off the floor, after the big Candlekeep disaster of 2004.

I see the incident already has a name.

Well both Alaundo and I were thinking along the same thoughts, and kind of came up with this name.

Things were very touch and go, and you would have thought the stock markets had crashed, and the world was decending into Chaos.

He almost lost the 'Big Surprise' too!

But the old guy pulled it out of the bag! And he didn't have to put all his tomes on ebay

Regards

Strahd Von Zarovich

Strahd Von Zarovich

Alaundo and I invite fans of everything D&D to join us!
http://www.worldsofdnd.com
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 04 Aug 2004 :  23:48:05  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met

Oh all good things come to those who wait
Indeed I have a very fine scroll here for thee all to read. I will place this within the library soon enough, there will be another new collection of scrolls and tomes arriving at Candlekeep soon.

...and less of the "old", Strahd Thou art more ancient than I

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep

Edited by - Alaundo on 04 Aug 2004 23:48:45
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 25 Aug 2004 :  15:54:13  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met

Ahh, just to clear this particular scroll up, the "big surprise" is available to view from the latest update to Candlekeep. Go to the home page and follow the link of the first item (the link now also has a permanent position at the top of the page). Enjoy

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep

Edited by - Alaundo on 25 Aug 2004 15:56:05
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic