Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The Candlekeep Web Site
 Site Content
 Site problems (30 July 2004 - 02 Aug 2004)
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 02 Aug 2004 :  19:28:08  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Well met

..and welcome back, fellow scribes, for the gates of Candlekeep had been forced shut following an attack by a band of wretched gremlins

'twas a painful moment, many scrolls and tomes were thought lost fore'er and much of our precious lore ne'er to be whispered again.

..then Tymora shines upon us, and the doors open up once again. Everything appears to be intact and we can hopefully return to our Realmslore studies.

Many apologies for the inconvenience. If anyone has any questions or concerns then please feel free to contact me or write herein.

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep

Edited by - Alaundo on 02 Aug 2004 19:29:30

Tethtoril
Seeker

95 Posts

Posted - 02 Aug 2004 :  19:56:09  Show Profile  Visit Tethtoril's Homepage Send Tethtoril a Private Message  Reply with Quote
THANK AO!!!

The waiting and hoping was long. Thankfully there was no ink remover used and all is back to normal. (Whatever that may be.)

Tethtoril
Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 02 Aug 2004 :  20:02:27  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alaundo

Well met

..and welcome back, fellow scribes, for the gates of Candlekeep had been forced shut following an attack by a band of wretched gremlins

Thank you for providing information on the site's problems and for getting the site up and running again.

Anyone else notice that many attacks occur during the summer time?
Go to Top of Page

Strahd Von Zarovich
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
135 Posts

Posted - 02 Aug 2004 :  21:42:24  Show Profile  Visit Strahd Von Zarovich's Homepage Send Strahd Von Zarovich a Private Message  Reply with Quote
:: sulks in crypt ::

BAH! Failed again!!

I hope some of you take note that Alaundo found solace in a vampire during these times.

Never before have I found someone so near throwing themselves out of a window to their death.....

.....well there was this one girl

Glad to see everything back up!

Regards

Strahd Von Zarovich

Strahd Von Zarovich

Alaundo and I invite fans of everything D&D to join us!
http://www.worldsofdnd.com
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36781 Posts

Posted - 02 Aug 2004 :  22:44:54  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Tell me where these gremlins are, and I'll smite them with many swarms of Miniature Giant Space Hamsters!

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Purple Dragon Knight
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1796 Posts

Posted - 03 Aug 2004 :  02:18:14  Show Profile Send Purple Dragon Knight a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for your dedication Alaundo: the various "backup" sites I had to wade through started to make me nauseous.
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 03 Aug 2004 :  08:41:57  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Purple Dragon Knight

Thanks for your dedication Alaundo: the various "backup" sites I had to wade through started to make me nauseous.

Well met

::chuckle:: Fear not, Purple Dragon Knight, the Inn is back open, sit ye down and have a stiff drink ...then get back to thy Realmslore studies

Alaundo

Edited by - Alaundo on 03 Aug 2004 08:42:27
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 06 Aug 2004 :  23:08:32  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met

Due to the request of a number of scribes herein, I have henceforth placed a donation plate here at Candlekeep.

If ye wish to donate to the library then ye have our heartfelt thanks and thy contribution is so greatly appreciated.

Due to the recent disaster here at Candlekeep last weekend, drastic measures had to be taken to recover the library, thus depleting the Candlekeep coffers immensely. Donations will help to recuperate from the disaster as well as aid towards the monthly and yearly costs of keeping this place up and running.

I hope scribes do not take any offence at our placement of this donation plate here at Candlekeep, after having been running the library for over five years now without such. We merely wish to offer this facility to those who wish to aid in the upkeep of the library. However, your contributions of Realmslore and presence herein are invaluable.

Thank ye very much for reading this scroll, I hope ye continue to enjoy your stay at Candlekeep.

Alaundo

Go to Top of Page

Sarelle
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
508 Posts

Posted - 07 Aug 2004 :  01:53:51  Show Profile Send Sarelle a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for keeping the site! We owe, you my friend. As I said, I'll see what I can do.

(EDIT: Well I would... but the link doesn't take me anywhere new! This isn't how a treasure hunt works! )

Chair of the The Rightful Return of Monster Deities to FR Society (RRMDFRS)

My character, drawn by Liodain: Sarelle / Sarelle (smaller)

Edited by - Sarelle on 07 Aug 2004 01:58:24
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 07 Aug 2004 :  10:02:36  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sarelle

Thanks for keeping the site! We owe, you my friend. As I said, I'll see what I can do.

(EDIT: Well I would... but the link doesn't take me anywhere new! This isn't how a treasure hunt works! )

Well met

Thank ye, Sarelle Indeed, the link returneth thee Home, the the bottom of such where you should see a "Paypal Donate" (if is also on the About scroll. I did not wish that this be intrusive so placed it in not so prominent places within the library.

If thee has any further problems, please contact me. Thank ye.

Alaundo

Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 19 Aug 2004 :  17:38:14  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met

Just a short note to say a big thank ye to the scribes who generously donated some of their hard-earned coin to the upkeep of the library. It is indeed greatly appreciated, and I hope that keeping Candlekeep up and running somehow repays thee for thy kindness.

Alaundo

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly