Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Adventuring
 A new DM?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Seluus
Acolyte

15 Posts

Posted - 01 Sep 2004 :  21:12:10  Show Profile Send Seluus a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Greetings and well met. My name is Curt, but I go by the name of my most famous character, Seluus. I am a new DM here but I have been DM'ing online for years now and would like to stay FR exclusive. The website I have been a member of for years has gone all anti-Wotc, so we can no longer reference anything wizards related, which makes it hard on me to DM generalities and have no structure.

So I am here and wanting to start another of my DM threads which take 3-6 players through the Forgotten Realms on a journey of a life-time. Although I do not give out xp's, I award treasure, magic items, 1/4, 1/2, 3/4, and full levels upon the completion of a thread. Since it takes alot of time, and there is alot of growth on these threads, I figured it was an awsome idea.

Anyway, here are some other threads I have dm'd so take a look and let me know if you would be interested in something like this.

Thanks, Seluus.

http://p196.ezboard.com/fwhitelotussociety67495frm22.showMessage?topicID=181.topic

http://p196.ezboard.com/fwhitelotussociety67495frm22.showMessage?topicID=150.topic

http://p196.ezboard.com/fwhitelotussociety67495frm22.showMessage?topicID=142.topic

One of them is even a retake on the Riftwar Saga by Feist, but set in thier world. It is the third one. please read them and give me input if that would go over well here.

Seluus.

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 01 Sep 2004 :  21:31:47  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Seluus
The website I have been a member of for years has gone all anti-Wotc, so we can no longer reference anything wizards related, which makes it hard on me to DM generalities and have no structure.

What site is this?

quote:

Anyway, here are some other threads I have dm'd so take a look and let me know if you would be interested in something like this.

I'm getting an error message when clicking on the links.

quote:

One of them is even a retake on the Riftwar Saga by Feist, but set in thier world. It is the third one. please read them and give me input if that would go over well here.

Do you mean to possibly attempt to do the Riftwar Saga within the FR? If so, I'm very curious to hear any ideas you have on that possibility.
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 01 Sep 2004 :  21:33:09  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Seluus:

I also want to say, welcome to Candlekeep. I hope you enjoy your stay.
Go to Top of Page

Seluus
Acolyte

15 Posts

Posted - 01 Sep 2004 :  21:48:14  Show Profile Send Seluus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The website is a part of the ezboard ring. Here is the exact webiste, and these threads are in the rp archives on that site. But I can take a part from it so you all can get a feel.

Here is the site http://p196.ezboard.com/bwhitelotussociety67495

They are called The White Lotus Society, originally a NWN rp site.

here is an exerpt from the riftwar part, and no, it was based on thier world, not FR, although Waterdeep/Luskan would be a great part of the world for it to happen in.

Ok, here it goes...

partI

Artemis, of the Tuchlameckla clan, woke from his temporary paralyzation. He had seen a crickedy old man one moment, and the next, several of his men were dead and the man was gone.

"Your Turn!"

Artemis turned around and saw the old man was behind him, and his face did not seem all that friendly. "Take him out men!" He yelled in his otherworldly language, and he turned to attack with his huge serrated bastard sword.

Several men fired arrows form concealed positions, but several more men were already on thier way. The 10 or so already there that were not paralyzed or dead, pulled thier wicked looking swords out and pressed the attack.

It appeared that they did not give any credence to the fact that an old man stood before them. They seemed in a frenzy as they swung thier swords.

The arrows seemed to wiz by for a moment before they stopped and the foot men came in. None of the arrows hit, but the swords did. Not all the swords, but some, for they were all different colors. The Brown ones seemed to penetrate the defenses of the silver dragon, but the other colors deflected harmlessly away. This surprised the Silver Dragon, for the weapons seemed flimsy, almost wooden like in thier appearance. But they all had strange colors like thier armor. Some brown, some green and red, with others yellow and blue.

When the attackers saw this, they were confused for a moment, but seemed to find on thier person some form of brown resined weapon. Some found a dagger, while others found nothing and ran back the way they came.

For some reason, this retreat did not seem like they were scared, or wanting to save thier lives, for It seemed like these men were far to disciplined for that.

At another location, several men smoked in thier armor. The lightnings that had discharged were very nasty, almost killing the Force leader, Kanasowa of the Minwanabi. Several of his men were dead. And if he had had on the fabled Metal armor that these barbarians wore, he had no doubt he would be dead.

These people had magic, and powerful magic. It was time to send a runner to the Assembly. "Cawchousan, come here." The leader exclaimed, as he slowly rose to his feet, "Run as fast as you can, and tell the main force that the Barbarians are alerted to our presence. Then also tell them that they have very powerful magic, and to send word to the assembly for aid."

"Yes Force leader," he replied, and bowed and began running, even though he was half scortched from the lightning show he had just been a part of.

As the Force leader staggered forward, he told some others to get him a potion, and they did so immediately. When he had drank it, he stood there looking through the treeline, down at the huge City of the Barbarians. "A fine challenge you will present to us, but you will fall. You always fall..."

Then, as the Lotus Amulets all lit up from the Alarm being raised, Arden saw a few of the people in the lotus inn rushing out to do thier preparations. He stood there and wandered what had happened. "Well, atleast the took my information to heart. Better safe than sorry."

And Arden put his drink down, wanting to go and be with Stephanis and his wife right now... but he knew his place was here, atleast for now. So he waited patiently, perhaps they would need some clarification on something.... who knows....

*Sir, we are ready to invade*

Licktzan, of the Chojah hive Perliktim, stood on his many legs and watched the Tsuranni Strike leader retreat to his commander through the long underground tunnel. The Insect like creature that looked like a cross between a large ostrich and a giant ant, saw the mans body heat rise with excitement.

The Chojah had excellent eye sight, and thier agility was unmatched in all the realm of thier home planet Tsurananni. Thier Large jewel like eyes constantly scanned the area for any sign that the tunnel would collapse. But they were excellent tunnel makers, so the chances were slim any accident would happen.

Another Chojah joined the commander of its race and spoke to it with its clicking dialect, "This will be a great day for our hive. We have long sought honor within the game of the council, and now we shall have it. We will be the first of our race to be counted amongst the great families for the Warlords office. It is a great moment sir, I wish to spend it with you."

The Hive leader listened with out saying a thing. He knew his hive risked much by this act. But one must risk much to gain much. So says the great Tsurananni Scholars. But somethign was troubling the hive leader. There had been a divided council, and only a small percentage of the clans had joined in this war. Perhaps they had learned thier lesson from the MidKemian War. Bu,t when the Chojah commander thought more about that, he shook his head and realized that when it came to war the Tsurananni were the most blood thirsty and resiliant peoples in the universe.

This was a time when leaders were made, and losers were killed. A time of change for the Chojah and a time of change of the world of Tsurananni. It was a time of chaos.

-----------------------------------------------------------

The Silver Dragon grew into its true self, killing many that stood to close. The dragons body squashed a good half dozen if not more. Then the dragon breathed out its Cold breath of ice, and killed the rest with one blast.

As the others were coming onto the scene, they saw the huge Silver Dragon, a sight never before seen on thier home planet, and the stood agape for just a moment to admire its beauty. That was enough time for the dragon to whirl around and send another cone of ice down on them. They all jumped to avoid it, but all 12 of them felt the cold take hold of thier bones and they shivered uncontrolably.

A few managed to start a retreat back to the main compound, but several just lay there shaking.

A horn sounded from some where in the distance, a horn that sounded like a war horn...

The men firing arrows on the lone tracker and his mut, laughed with joy. *This would be fun* they thought, as they kept missing and on occasion, hitting the target, but just barely, causing some blood to flow so they could enjoy thier fun before the invasion.

"Corall this niusance!" the commander spoke, as they tried to circle Kuevwen and his wolf. "And dont hurt the dog, It is a magnificient creature. I want it!"

So his men began the encirclement so thier leader could have his new dog, and his fun...

Frain left Comyr smiling for a change. "You got it. One good bit of tracking comming up." And Frain left running to his room to get his stuff.

Arden continued to wait in the inn, wondering if his presence was needed here. He had an apprentice in his house, adn wanted to warn him just incase... but he had no way of geting in touch with the half elf wizard that was his protege`.

So he stood and paced, giving a few more minutes just incase...

----------------------------------------------------------

The Commander Kanasowa, watched the area the town that he could see from this vantage point. It was still going about normally, perhaps the two folks that had escaped were not from there.

Already the commander was hating his first setback of the war. but he would net be thwarted again. He knew the army was on its way. and now, the Black robes were too. This was going to be easy...

Several men that were reserves, heard the fighting and the screaming from thier place in the clearing. Then the horn sounded and they quickly go thier swords and readied thier formation.

Over 800 men were readying themselves, with another 1000 close behind. There would be no defeat before the army got to its point of attack! How could they have been found out already....

Then the 800 men and thier commanders ran off into the forest to find the threat that sounded the horn, knowing more forces were right behind them...

then my next post.....

(Remember, there were alot of people posting in the middle of these, This got to over 360 posts)

Seluus saw the ring of the Lotus Amulets again and went to the Inn's common room where everyone was. He would have to start figuring out how to trace these calls. It was still something he wasnt good at. When he got down stairs, he saw Comyr and Steph, along with Lorien and Ryuu and a few others he only knew by sight.

Seluus still semed to have his infatuation with Lorien, for when he saw her, he wanted to say something really stupid, but he held it in check as he walked over to the group... "I'm sorry I am a little late on the call, but whats going on here?"

Seluus saw the serious looks on the others faces and knew something was brewing...

Arden saw the cleric go and join the others. They had a good, well balanced group, to go and fight the out worlders. So Arden felt he should go and warn his apprentice.

The elf walked over to Stephanis and told him quickly, "I am going to warn my apprentice, then I will go and do some investigating. I'll get back with you with any new information I come across."

And the elf left, running out the door and off toward the gate.

Talon made a quick report to Stephanis as he flew over the first group that seemed ot be eating someones picinc food. "Master, I am over the place where I think Ryuu and Lorien were going to eat. They better buy something at the inn, for thier basket was raided."

Talon snickered as he heard in his mind Steph's displeasure at the birds humor, "Oh, I will going out of range here shortly, so here is what they look like..."

And the bird allowed Stephanis to see through his eyes at the advanced group of Tsurananni soldiers. Easilly there were 50 or so scattered about, with other movement being seen in the forests edges. Several men, about 4 were aobviously dead, and were laid in a place off out of the way from the others, so as to not cause any mental distractions. Thier bodies had thier armor and ful gear on them, but they were blackened like some sort of powerful energy or lightning had scortched them.

Then Talon said, "Seen enough, or do you want me to circle more?"

Keuvwen saw his wolf take an arorw for him, and then heard a grunt of anger from one of the persuing enemy. The Ranger had gotten out of the attackers trap, by running through the line and got behind them.

They were quick to recover, and they didnt seem to tire that much. They were like little demons, hounding and hounding until thier prey made a mistake, then they would pounce.

The ranger knew he was going to be hard pressed to escape these men. But he wondered at the dialog that followed the burst of anger he had heard....

"DONT SHOOT THE DOG!!! I told you men to not shoot the dog!"

One of the soldiers replied, "Sir, I was aiming at the tracker! The dog jumped in the way of the arrow."

This caused the commander to stop for a second and smile at this new revelation. *These people were more interesting than the average barbarians. They had animals helping them too...*

"Dont let the man escape, I want them both alive. This is too interesting to let the man die now. We will give him an honorable death after we interrogate him. Now get him!"

And the chase was on again, more frenzied than it had once been...

---------------------------------------------------------

The Tsurananni company ran into the woods looking all about for an enemy. Then several other soldiers came back the other way, like they were fleeing something. They were somewhat panicked as the strike leader, Ochmecho, of the Kanasawi clan, came forward to hear the report... "Sir, a man, no, a monster that was a man, attacked ut with great magic!"

The soldier was breathing hard as he continued, "Sir, A great silver beast. A giant Lizard with wings that spits Ice out of its mouth, killed a dozen men already and we barely hurt it. It was huge. A hundred feet long!!! 20 feet tall!! It was a monster!"

The man looked back as he said that, and a shoadow flew over them all. When they looked up, they saw the form throught the tree tops, as the dragon streaked toward the clearing where the rift machines were...

"Men! Back to the rift machine! And ready arrows!!!"

Then the commander was stopped by the retreating soldier as he said, "Only our Brown resined swords did anything to the beast. All others just riccochetted off the lizards scales."

The commander took that to heart, adn as he ran with his troop back to protect the rift machine, he was yelling, "Only shoot Brown resined Arrows at it. They are the only ones that Work!!!"

Why they were the only ones that worked? That was a question to figure out later. Now was a time to defend. And as they came back to the clearing, the dragon had already scared the remaining army to arms. They were scambling around trying to figure out what the creature was and how it could fly...

As the man returned to the Chojah, he reported, "Greetings again to your hive great chojah, the word is that within an hour, you are to start your tunneling. Send your hive dwellers in three waves out of three different locations that have already been determined. Go for the balista and protective mass destruction devices first, then capture as many of thier magicians as you can. If you see one casting magic, get them. Those are your orders, and may the glory of the empire shine upon you."

The Chojah commander smiled as best he could and returned the farewell, "Honors to your house stike leader."

And the Chojah made thier final preparations to attack.

Frain made his way invisible and flying toward the forest. He would not be caught unawares like ha had last time....

So he flew over and decided any place was a good one to start, so he scanned the forest slowly, looking for anything he could, and that was when he saw a very large speck on the horizon just above the tree line. Frain had fought 3 of the beast before in his life, and so it was instantly recognizable... it was a Dragon.

Frain flew towards it, wondering why it looked like it was circling...

lastly....

Frain flew low over the trees, knowing if he got to close, the Dragon would be able to sense him wether he was invisibile or not.

AS he scanned the area, he saw the Silver dragon trail a line of flames behind him, and they crashed down on some screaming men below the treetops.

Frain flew dangerously closer, and saw something that caused him to back away stunned.

There, a huge clearing stood within the middle of the trees. Easilly almost a mile in diameter. Thousands of troops stood there gatering bows and arrows and readying some larger balistae to shoot at the silver dragon.

Arrows were flying everywhere, and the fires were falling behind the dragon as he flew over several hundred of the soldiers. The stood thier ground, and shot thier bows up at the giant wyrm, accepting the fires as they came down upon them.

*Strange these men were, for they stood thier ground in those garrishly collored armored suits, dying horribly by the magic of the dragon.*

Then, a blackrobed man appeared from within the giant rift, watching the fires flow down upon the invaders. He quickly chanted some spell, and a giant globe encircled the troops that were below. The barrier reflected the fires back upon the dragon, and a cheer went up from the defenders of the rift machine. It appeared that the emergence of this black robed figure was a rallying point for the troops.

Brown arrows streaked toward the wyrm, as well as others. The ones that were not brown bounced harmlessly off the dragons scales, but the others stung The Silver Dragon.

Small stings they were, but there were 20, no, now 30, no, now 40 little stings, and more on the way. Usually, arrows were not a problem for the Silver Dragon known as Serthanach, but for some unknown reason, these penetrated his defences...

AS the dragon flew out of arrow range, he looked down to see his handiwork. Atleast a hundred lay dead, and several hundred more wounded. But, he also say a lone elf, hovering over the trees, looking in awe at the handiwork of the dragon, and staring at the huge rift that lay across the middle of the field; the two gigantic machines holding it in place.

It was a sight to behold...

The group that had tried to get Kuevwen, still gave chase. One of the men had tripped and sprained an ankle, but another had take his place.

The arrows continued to pepper the area, like they were trying to steer the ranger to move a certain way.

The commander knew it was but a matter of time before he had the magnificient dog and the evading tracker. He had to give respect to such a skilled forrester. To have evaded his soldiers this long was a testament to the mans fortitude and training. But, it would be over soon, for he was being led into a trap even as the commander chased him. He would be captured in but a few moments.

*Things were going well to start this invasion...*

The Chojah readied thier forces, as the time dwindled away. Over 4000 choja were going out in three seperate strike teams. Two of 1000 each, and the main force of 2000. This would take out the main perimeter defences, and cause the defenders to use thier resouces to attack them from within.

The chojah had heard of the stories of the Tsurananni invasion of Midkemia, which had castles similar to the defences of this city. They had worked on tactics for years concerning these things, and had come up with this attack format for just such an occasion.

In less than 3 minutes, they would be on thier way, and oh how sweet this victory would be....

Arden went to his treehouse, and warned his apprentice to flee. He filled him in on all the days events, culminating with the very real invasion of Luna. The boy was an able practitioner of the arts, but his spells were not strong enough yet to really help in this situation.

The half-elf wizard-apprentice refused to flee, citing his own masters words for honor and character. This definately made the Arden, the chosen of Correlon, very concerned, but he knew the boy... no, man, would have to make his own decisions.

So Arden blessed him with good fortune, and cast a fly spell upon him so he could get to the city quickly. He then told him, "Find Stephanis, for he will give you your orders. I must help here in the forest. We have our missions, now go, and may you be safe."

The apprentice said his goodbyes, kissing his lovely bride to be, and giving her an extended farewell. Then he flew off to the west, where the city of Luna awaited him. His feeling of dread was put down into the recesses of his bowels, as he tried to think of nothing else but helping and becoming a hero...

------------------------------------------------------------

Inside the city, the heores made ready to go out and sting the advancing army. They knew approximately where they were coming from, but also knew this was to be a quick hit and run, with no-one staying long enough to loose thier lives.

The 6 of them stood ready to go, with only Lorien and Ryuu knowing where the place was where they were having thier picnic.

They just needed to be shown the place to go....

I hope this shows what I did even though you dont see what the players did.

Seluus.

Edited by - Seluus on 01 Sep 2004 21:51:26
Go to Top of Page

Seluus
Acolyte

15 Posts

Posted - 01 Sep 2004 :  21:58:44  Show Profile Send Seluus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
AS you can see in that long post, (which was actually 4 of my posts put together), I used the different colored resins for the swords and arrows and all to slice through the magical defenses of the silver dragon, and some, who wore the right colored armor, was not effected by the dragons breath as bad as others. It was a little twist I put in there to go along with the 3.0 type rules. It was really cool how the players responded to it. They made sure they did not run into certain armored or armed men with the "BAD" color.

I also had the reason the Choja were there was to become thier own family within the political system of the Tsurannani. A bold move on my part, but it gave a good background on why they were there and added some flavor to those who already had read the books.

I also brought in Macro the black to eventually teach Greater Path Magic. I knew they were headed towards a non-wotc type site, so how better to reinvent the magic system than to have some greater path wizards...?

Hope this helped.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 01 Sep 2004 :  22:19:33  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Seluus

I also had the reason the Choja were there was to become thier own family within the political system of the Tsurannani. A bold move on my part, but it gave a good background on why they were there

Okay, so your post seems to indicate that this is after the war with Midkemia... But it wasn't but a couple years after that when Mara of the Acoma flipped everything around in the Empire. The Minwanabi are gone, and now that the cho-ja are free of their pact with the Great Ones, there are likely to assume a greater role in Tsurani politics --though I don't know if that would include becoming part of the Council...

Also, with the abolition of the office of Warlord, and the move away from being so danged war-like, I don't know that the Tsurani would try invading another world. Ichindar wouldn't favor it, and I'm sure his successor wouldn't, either.

Is the Kelewan end of the rift near the rift to Midkemia, or is it elsewhere? And where did the Realms end of the rift wind up?

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!

Edited by - Wooly Rupert on 01 Sep 2004 22:21:49
Go to Top of Page

Seluus
Acolyte

15 Posts

Posted - 01 Sep 2004 :  22:39:33  Show Profile Send Seluus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Great Questions Wooly, so let me give you my insight and which books I have read. i have read the entire riftwar saga Magician, Silverthorn, and A Darkness at Sethanon. I read only the first book of the daughter of the empire series, and not liking it, I refused to read the others as they came out. I am currently reading the first of the assassin series in krondor. I am at the part where the moredhel is traveling to krondor to tell his story there.

I did not have the information you mentioned, so I moved with what I knew, and that was mostly all original riftwar stuff. I only added the other things to spice it up and change it a tad to give spice to the readers of Fiests books. I had no timeline in mind other than it was after the attack on Midkemia.

Thanks, Seluus.
Go to Top of Page

Seluus
Acolyte

15 Posts

Posted - 01 Sep 2004 :  22:42:48  Show Profile Send Seluus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
But to get back on topic, I was simply wanting people to read the threads I did to see my style and see if they wanted to do a thread like this here based in the FR, but not having anything to do with the rift war.

I put it in there simply to show my versatality and creativity, or better yet, my ability to use others ideas in a different way.

hehe, Seluus.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000