Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Adventuring
 Consulting that how to act a INT 6 half-ORC
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Patriots
Acolyte

China
6 Posts

Posted - 14 Sep 2004 :  07:10:24  Show Profile  Visit Patriots's Homepage Send Patriots a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I played trpg not long.
Recently I am going to play a Half-Orc who's Int is only 6.
My DM told me an INT 6 half-orc can't even speak normally, say nothing of writing.
I'm not sure how to act it well.

Icewolf
Learned Scribe

USA
214 Posts

Posted - 14 Sep 2004 :  07:31:53  Show Profile  Visit Icewolf's Homepage Send Icewolf a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think what your DM has in mind is that your PC can speak, but only broken language....but you can ask him/her.
Go to Top of Page

Capn Charlie
Senior Scribe

USA
418 Posts

Posted - 14 Sep 2004 :  08:27:21  Show Profile  Visit Capn Charlie's Homepage Send Capn Charlie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, low intelligence could jsut show (as in much mental retardation) a very slow rate of learning. He could learn to do many of the same things that other characters do, just much more slowly.

The low intelligence score also enforces this with how few skill points you have.

Now, for roleplaying it, how would you want to go? I would take it a m0ore broken speech way, with really bad grammer, and the obligatory lack of using "I" to refer to yourself, using either third person(Grog not like you!) or me(Me not like you!).

Now, it depends heavily on what the other mental ability scores are as to how you would roleplay this character(as well as your personal preference) , so how about slipping us his WIS and CHA scores as well.

Shadows of War: Tales of a Mercenary

My first stab at realms fiction, here at candlekeep. Stop on by and tell me what you think.
Go to Top of Page

Patriots
Acolyte

China
6 Posts

Posted - 14 Sep 2004 :  14:23:26  Show Profile  Visit Patriots's Homepage Send Patriots a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Here's my Half-Orc ability bonus score

lv4 Fighter male
alignment:chaos evil

str 20 (1 from level up) +5
dex 13 +1
con 16 +3
int 6 -2
wis 12 +1
cha 6 -2

In his background he has been a member of a bandit group .their chief was killed by themselves, and they went their own ways after melon-cutting.
he likes drinking ale and doesn't know there is any other drink.
he likes talking about his own heroical experiences.
he also diarized(may be words only he can understand) and insist on that he'll in story that Bards will tell.

I'm not sure this background is well.
Go to Top of Page

Taelohn
Acolyte

36 Posts

Posted - 29 Oct 2004 :  18:26:04  Show Profile  Visit Taelohn's Homepage Send Taelohn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hm. The low Charisma, combined with his stupidity... he'll probably come off as very uncouth. (But he may have the Wisdom to recognize when it's better to keep quiet).

At least he has some common sense - he should be well off when it comes to tactics in a fight, or just general all-around survival/common sense. Much like an animal.

He doesn't seem very persuasive, and he'd probably find himself confused by things very easily. However, there is the matter of his alignment.

I'd say that he'd probably recognize that he's none too bright. If someone insults him on that (whether directly, or simply by using large words he doesn't understand), he may take offense and become hostile. Likewise, if someone patronizes him (and speaks to him like a child), that could also offend him (and offending him likely means he'll attack you).

A chaotic evil character is going to do what he wants when he wants to - anything that tries to stop him is an obstacle to be destroyed.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000