Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Welcome to Candlekeep
 Well Met, and Welcome to the Forums
 Old time members returning?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Lord Rad
Great Reader

United Kingdom
2080 Posts

Posted - 02 Nov 2004 :  12:23:41  Show Profile  Visit Lord Rad's Homepage Send Lord Rad a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Well well, whats this I see, not one, but THREE old scribes of Candlekeep back in the halls?

Good to see you again, Mumadar Ibn Huzal, Artalis and Edain Shadowstar? Where HAVE you been? Welcome back, I hope.

Lord Rad

"What? No, I wasn't reading your module. I was just looking at the pictures"

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 02 Nov 2004 :  13:35:36  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I know nothing about the past whereabouts of Mumadar, or Artalis. But Edain has been severly busy utilising his impressive elven skills, supervising my delterium mining operation on the Elemental Plane of Earth...

There's simply no other elf I could trust for this delicate assignment .

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage

Edited by - The Sage on 02 Nov 2004 13:36:38
Go to Top of Page

Artalis
Senior Scribe

USA
444 Posts

Posted - 02 Nov 2004 :  16:34:57  Show Profile Send Artalis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
"Well you see it all started when I bought this gnomish compass/watch...."

It's good to be back. I'm no master of Realmslore mind you I haven't the time to dedicate to that noble endeavor but I"ve found a bit of time here and their to put my two cents in on certain things where an experienced FR gamer's input is worthwhile (or perhaps not)

Artalis

Email

Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 02 Nov 2004 :  16:40:31  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Artalis

"Well you see it all started when I bought this gnomish compass/watch...."

It's good to be back. I'm no master of Realmslore mind you I haven't the time to dedicate to that noble endeavor but I"ve found a bit of time here and their to put my two cents in on certain things where an experienced FR gamer's input is worthwhile (or perhaps not)

Well met

Welcome back nevertheless, Artalis, it is indeed good to see thee back So after all this time, that pesky timepiece is still going awry? Pah, new-fangled contraptions! Back in my day, we only had the sun, moon and stars to tell the time

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36784 Posts

Posted - 02 Nov 2004 :  17:35:41  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alaundo

Back in my day, we only had the sun, moon and stars to tell the time

They had time back then? I thought that was a more recent invention...

*ducks and runs*

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 02 Nov 2004 :  18:19:46  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:

Back in my day, we only had the sun, moon and stars to tell the time

They had time back then? I thought that was a more recent invention...

*ducks and runs*

:: bellows down the corridor:: AYE, THEE WILL DO WELL TO RUN, WOOLY RUPERT

Ahem

::sheepishly walks off, remembering he is in a library::

Alaundo

Go to Top of Page

Mumadar Ibn Huzal
Master of Realmslore

1338 Posts

Posted - 02 Nov 2004 :  19:28:32  Show Profile Send Mumadar Ibn Huzal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
No gnomish inventions or glorious pursuits of obscure lore for me, but I do have an Inn to run in Berdusk, and with the caravan season in full swing it demands most of my time.

That and three realms characters that require some attention too as the quest through and under the streets of Waterdeep, romp through the Marching Mountains or splash through the Mere of Dead Men.

Yet once in a while I have a little time to travel to the keep and search for some lore or provide advice to fellow scribes.
Go to Top of Page

Dracandos the Spellsage
Senior Scribe

466 Posts

Posted - 05 Nov 2004 :  02:42:09  Show Profile  Visit Dracandos the Spellsage's Homepage Send Dracandos the Spellsage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
the Spellsage has returned as well. my returning post is here http://www.candlekeep.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3430

Death strips away the masks men don to hide their true nature - The Slayer's Guide to Undead

The Lord of Murder shall perish, but in his doom he shall spawn a score of mortal progeny. Chaos shall be sown from their passage - So Sayeth the Wise Alaundo

Whenever magic one doth weave, 'tis never ever wise to deceive - Elminster

Strength and power come from knowing and controlling what others do not, but never reveal all that you know - Vecna

I have been known to cast a blue mage spell now and again - Dracandos the Spellsage
Go to Top of Page

Tethtoril
Seeker

95 Posts

Posted - 06 Nov 2004 :  13:48:36  Show Profile  Visit Tethtoril's Homepage Send Tethtoril a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Rad

Well well, whats this I see, not one, but THREE old scribes of Candlekeep back in the halls?

Good to see you again, Mumadar Ibn Huzal, Artalis and Edain Shadowstar? Where HAVE you been? Welcome back, I hope.

Tethtoril knows where Artalis and Mumadar have been. Scrying crystals are wonderful when you try to keep track of lagging scribes. Oh wait ... Alaundo has been trying to scry me for weeks ... I best start running again.

Tethtoril

Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 06 Nov 2004 :  13:58:46  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Tethtoril

quote:

Tethtoril knows where Artalis and Mumadar have been. Scrying crystals are wonderful when you try to keep track of lagging scribes. Oh wait ... Alaundo has been trying to scry me for weeks ... I best start running again.

Tethto... why I oughta! Where hast thou been, scribes are almost running riot herein, and all these scrolls are piling ever higher. Welcome back, nevertheless

Alaundo

Go to Top of Page

Tethtoril
Seeker

95 Posts

Posted - 06 Nov 2004 :  14:15:31  Show Profile  Visit Tethtoril's Homepage Send Tethtoril a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Tethto... why I oughta! Where hast thou been, scribes are almost running riot herein, and all these scrolls are piling ever higher. Welcome back, nevertheless

Riots? Where? Oops, nevermind. I'll go get the cleaning supplies.

Tethtoril

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 06 Nov 2004 :  14:21:33  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Tethtoril

quote:

Teth... you're back . I was beginning to wonder... Master Sage Alaundo assured me recently that he'd set you on some grand task that had kept you away from the library for many tendays.

::Before he continues, the Sage takes a moment to scan the reminder of the chamber he is currently occupying. Assured that a certain master scribe is nowhere to be seen, the Sage whispers his next words carefully... and cautiously... ::

Anyways, I'm just happy to see my second favorite Master Moderator back in the Halls...

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Tethtoril
Seeker

95 Posts

Posted - 06 Nov 2004 :  18:42:16  Show Profile  Visit Tethtoril's Homepage Send Tethtoril a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

Anyways, I'm just happy to see my second favorite Master Moderator back in the Halls...

Been away with no time to play, now I'm back and ... well still no time to play. At least I can work at what I love.

Tethtoril

Go to Top of Page

Lord Rad
Great Reader

United Kingdom
2080 Posts

Posted - 06 Nov 2004 :  19:56:46  Show Profile  Visit Lord Rad's Homepage Send Lord Rad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome back, Tethtoril

Looks like the moderators are back in force, there must be something brewing

Lord Rad

"What? No, I wasn't reading your module. I was just looking at the pictures"
Go to Top of Page

Dracandos the Spellsage
Senior Scribe

466 Posts

Posted - 07 Nov 2004 :  16:51:27  Show Profile  Visit Dracandos the Spellsage's Homepage Send Dracandos the Spellsage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
welcome back Tethtoril indeed!
quote:
Looks like the moderators are back in force, there must be something brewing
exactly what i was thinking

Death strips away the masks men don to hide their true nature - The Slayer's Guide to Undead

The Lord of Murder shall perish, but in his doom he shall spawn a score of mortal progeny. Chaos shall be sown from their passage - So Sayeth the Wise Alaundo

Whenever magic one doth weave, 'tis never ever wise to deceive - Elminster

Strength and power come from knowing and controlling what others do not, but never reveal all that you know - Vecna

I have been known to cast a blue mage spell now and again - Dracandos the Spellsage
Go to Top of Page

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2965 Posts

Posted - 20 Nov 2004 :  13:16:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
*pokes head in*

So...much..work...

Hello again, Candlekeep.
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 20 Nov 2004 :  16:15:18  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Arivia

*pokes head in*

So...much..work...

Hello again, Candlekeep.

Well met

Ahhh, welcome back, Arivia.

Quick quick, no time to waste, back to thy desk...for there is Realmslore to be read and scrolls to be penned

Alaundo

Go to Top of Page

Elrond Half Elven
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
322 Posts

Posted - 20 Nov 2004 :  17:16:01  Show Profile  Visit Elrond Half Elven's Homepage Send Elrond Half Elven a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hail!

I'm back for a while. The past 6 months or so have been very hectic and the next 6 months promise to be similar.With this in mind my postings might vary and be somewhat inconsistant. That been said I trust everyone has been well?

I can't stand around chatting all day there volumes of scrolls to read through.

Hanx
Elrond

Once upon a midnight dreary, while i pondered, weak and weary,
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten lore-
While i nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a tapping,
As of some one gently rapping, rapping at my chamber door.
-The Raven by Edgar Allan Poe
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 20 Nov 2004 :  17:53:04  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Elrond Half Elven

Hail!

I'm back for a while. The past 6 months or so have been very hectic and the next 6 months promise to be similar.With this in mind my postings might vary and be somewhat inconsistant. That been said I trust everyone has been well?

I can't stand around chatting all day there volumes of scrolls to read through.

Hanx
Elrond

Well met and welcome back, Elrond.

Oh there are far too many tomes for ye to read since your absence. Sit down and take in the lore for a while... just for a little while

Alaundo

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: