Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Welcome to Candlekeep
 Well Met, and Welcome to the Forums
 *bows*
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

SirUrza
Master of Realmslore

USA
1283 Posts

Posted - 17 Feb 2004 :  17:21:38  Show Profile Send SirUrza a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Well met good people of the Keep. I've return from my short sibatical (ok maybe it wasn't short) to find the *cough*novel*cough* forum I love destoryed. Hope to see some familiar faces and familiar sparring partners.

"Evil prevails when good men fail to act."
The original and unapologetic Arilyn, Aribeth, Seoni Fanboy.

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 17 Feb 2004 :  21:01:19  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SirUrza

Well met good people of the Keep. I've return from my short sibatical (ok maybe it wasn't short) to find the *cough*novel*cough* forum I love destoryed. Hope to see some familiar faces and familiar sparring partners.

Well met, SirUrza, and welcome to Candlekeep.

Indeed you will find much knowledge and Realmslore within our humble library, and many helpful scribes herein....... some familar, im sure As for sparring, 'ware ye who start throwing tomes and scrolls at one another.... for my wrath is swift and painful!

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

SirUrza
Master of Realmslore

USA
1283 Posts

Posted - 17 Feb 2004 :  21:09:52  Show Profile Send SirUrza a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Even if the tome has ".5" in the title? :)

Go to Top of Page

Demonwise
Acolyte

29 Posts

Posted - 17 Feb 2004 :  21:20:27  Show Profile  Visit Demonwise's Homepage Send Demonwise a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Heh, didn't get that last joke... Anyways, welcome to the forums! Wield your rapier high, and strike at the opportune moment. (That is when Alaundo is NOT looking.. *Snicker*)

Edited by - Demonwise on 17 Feb 2004 21:21:22
Go to Top of Page

The Cardinal
Senior Scribe

Canada
647 Posts

Posted - 17 Feb 2004 :  22:37:31  Show Profile  Visit The Cardinal's Homepage Send The Cardinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
We offer welcome and greetings to you SirUrza
Indeed you may find many of thy olde friends here (or atleast a handful of familiar names we hope).
Welcome to the Keep.... And Beware... for we know that Alaundo's eyes are ever present... tis worse than Halaster the Mad....err... Did we say that out loud?

It has to be Certain, the Gods Hate Me. For whatever irrevokable Fate, I have been made the walking Joke. Either that, or Beshaba is overlyfond Of Me.
-Unknown
Go to Top of Page

Lord Rad
Great Reader

United Kingdom
2080 Posts

Posted - 17 Feb 2004 :  22:55:33  Show Profile  Visit Lord Rad's Homepage Send Lord Rad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Demonwise

Heh, didn't get that last joke... Anyways, welcome to the forums! Wield your rapier high, and strike at the opportune moment. (That is when Alaundo is NOT looking.. *Snicker*)

I reckon SirUrza isnt too keen on D&D 3.5 rulebooks, Demonwise

Welcome, SirUrza, hope you learn to love this forum as much as you did over at WotC

Lord Rad

"What? No, I wasn't reading your module. I was just looking at the pictures"
Go to Top of Page

SirUrza
Master of Realmslore

USA
1283 Posts

Posted - 18 Feb 2004 :  03:46:17  Show Profile Send SirUrza a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rad

I reckon SirUrza isnt too keen on D&D 3.5 rulebooks, Demonwise

Welcome, SirUrza, hope you learn to love this forum as much as you did over at WotC

Rad, you guessed it.

As for loving forum as much, I've been a regular to the site for many years (never the forums), but I dunno if I can, pretty shabby welcome without a tall mug of ale. :)

Go to Top of Page

Lord Rad
Great Reader

United Kingdom
2080 Posts

Posted - 18 Feb 2004 :  08:13:28  Show Profile  Visit Lord Rad's Homepage Send Lord Rad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Rad, you guessed it.

As for loving forum as much, I've been a regular to the site for many years (never the forums), but I dunno if I can, pretty shabby welcome without a tall mug of ale. :)

Im sure the lovely Kiaran can take care of that for you over in the Candlekeep Inn

Lord Rad

"What? No, I wasn't reading your module. I was just looking at the pictures"
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 18 Feb 2004 :  08:31:12  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ale in the entry halls! Bah. Drinks are forbidden in the library. Except, of course, for those trusted around books.

Welcome to Candlekeep, though. It's nice to have someone other than a dark archetype come through those doors.

Hell hath no fury like all of Candlekeep rising in defense of one of its own.

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 18 Feb 2004 :  13:33:22  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Greetings to you SirUrza...

Welcome to all the wonderous tomes that lay waiting in the libraries of Candlekeep...

Good learning...

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

SirUrza
Master of Realmslore

USA
1283 Posts

Posted - 18 Feb 2004 :  17:07:07  Show Profile Send SirUrza a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bookwyrm

Welcome to Candlekeep, though. It's nice to have someone other than a dark archetype come through those doors.

Dark archetype indeed. Come man, let us find this Inn Rad spoke of and a good pint of ale, THEN we can speak of dark archetypes.

Go to Top of Page

arilyn742
Seeker

Ireland
54 Posts

Posted - 19 Feb 2004 :  23:50:27  Show Profile  Visit arilyn742's Homepage Send arilyn742 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I came from there too, though you might not call me a familiar face for two reasons:

1. You and I didn't really talk much back there, though you may have noticed me as I noticed you, and
2. My face has been horribly twisted into some sort of fair half-elf maiden's. I used to be yawgmoth_742.

Yonde iru, mune no doko ka oku de
Itsumo kokoro odoru yume wo mitai
Kanashimi wa kazoekirenai keredo
Sono mukou de kitto anata ni aeru
Go to Top of Page

SirUrza
Master of Realmslore

USA
1283 Posts

Posted - 21 Nov 2004 :  06:24:36  Show Profile Send SirUrza a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Aww yawgy sure I remember you. Caught my eye cause of the magic referenced name. ;)

Go to Top of Page

arilyn742
Seeker

Ireland
54 Posts

Posted - 21 Nov 2004 :  10:47:18  Show Profile  Visit arilyn742's Homepage Send arilyn742 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, it took thee nine months.

Yonde iru, mune no doko ka oku de
Itsumo kokoro odoru yume wo mitai
Kanashimi wa kazoekirenai keredo
Sono mukou de kitto anata ni aeru
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36782 Posts

Posted - 21 Nov 2004 :  17:22:58  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hey, another WotC refugee! I was wrongfully chased from those pages, so I heartily welcome anyone else who had bad experiences over there.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000