Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Welcome to Candlekeep
 Well Met, and Welcome to the Forums
 The New Face of the Bookwyrm
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 12 Dec 2004 :  16:27:18  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Well, folks, it finally happened: Alaundo cast true seeing on me. Fortunately, he didn’t try dispelling my persistent polymorph, or I’d have a hard time fitting through the halls, much less turning the pages on the books . . . .

Seriously, I thought it was high time for a change, and I had this nice avatar from Wood Elf Ranger still hanging around; those of you who have spoken to me on Messenger will recognize it.

Hell hath no fury like all of Candlekeep rising in defense of one of its own.

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.

Salabasha
Learned Scribe

Portugal
216 Posts

Posted - 12 Dec 2004 :  17:59:14  Show Profile  Visit Salabasha's Homepage Send Salabasha a Private Message  Reply with Quote
No Beard?!

Life is like a box of chocolates. Once you eat the poisoned one you die.
Go to Top of Page

Wood Elf Ranger
Senior Scribe

USA
627 Posts

Posted - 12 Dec 2004 :  19:16:39  Show Profile  Visit Wood Elf Ranger's Homepage Send Wood Elf Ranger a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ahh there is the true bookwyrm in all his book-hoarding glory

~Lee N.

"Breaktime yes?!.. Yes?.. Maybe?.. Noo, baaack to work.." -Grovel the Goblin from NWN: HotU
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 12 Dec 2004 :  20:46:46  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met

Aye, those who thought ye were a humble bearded old man now truly know not to mess with the dragon

So be that a lesson to all.... 'ware bearded old men, for they are not what they seem

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36782 Posts

Posted - 13 Dec 2004 :  00:39:15  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alaundo

So be that a lesson to all.... 'ware bearded old men, for they are not what they seem

Why do you have to say that at this time of year? Now I'm going to be doing a double-take every time I see Santa...

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 13 Dec 2004 :  08:16:59  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:
Originally posted by Alaundo

Why do you have to say that at this time of year? Now I'm going to be doing a double-take every time I see Santa...

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Alexandra
Acolyte

0 Posts

Posted - 13 Dec 2004 :  15:00:25  Show Profile  Visit Alexandra's Homepage Send Alexandra a Private Message  Reply with Quote
How long would a man flying across the skies of Faerun with a bag filled with loot make it, again?

If there were a god of Easy Mac, I would convert in seconds. - Me
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 13 Dec 2004 :  16:55:22  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alexandra

How long would a man flying across the skies of Faerun with a bag filled with loot make it, again?

I guess that depends on the number of stops for such a traveler.

And welcome Alexandra to Candlekeep.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36782 Posts

Posted - 13 Dec 2004 :  23:36:51  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alexandra

As SB said, welcome!

I do have a break-down of how fast Santa would have to go on his annual journey, but it's a bit too long for here.

Go to Top of Page

Alexandra
Acolyte

0 Posts

Posted - 14 Dec 2004 :  02:08:14  Show Profile  Visit Alexandra's Homepage Send Alexandra a Private Message  Reply with Quote
;p I meant before being ambushed by Orcs- I hear reindeer taste yummy- found by a certain few theives... *cough cough* Oh well, never mind *VV Bad joke. Bah!

If there were a god of Easy Mac, I would convert in seconds. - Me
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 14 Dec 2004 :  05:44:35  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I do have a break-down of how fast Santa would have to go on his annual journey, but it's a bit too long for here.

I bet it discounts the fact that Santa is an epic-level spellcaster with the ability to cast time stop and the feats Persistant Spell and Improved Spell Capacity (the latter taken six times).

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page

arilyn742
Seeker

Ireland
54 Posts

Posted - 14 Dec 2004 :  08:17:10  Show Profile  Visit arilyn742's Homepage Send arilyn742 a Private Message  Reply with Quote

This thread is hilarious!

Anyway, Bookwyrm, I like thy new avatar.

And welcome, Alexandra.

Yonde iru, mune no doko ka oku de
Itsumo kokoro odoru yume wo mitai
Kanashimi wa kazoekirenai keredo
Sono mukou de kitto anata ni aeru
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36782 Posts

Posted - 14 Dec 2004 :  11:28:21  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bookwyrm

quote:

I bet it discounts the fact that Santa is an epic-level spellcaster with the ability to cast time stop and the feats Persistant Spell and Improved Spell Capacity (the latter taken six times).

Not according to WotC -- they describe him as a Male human Drd13/Clr5/Rog2.

Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 14 Dec 2004 :  17:47:03  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh, I know about that one. Santa put that up as disinformation.

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36782 Posts

Posted - 14 Dec 2004 :  22:45:16  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Oh, I know about that one. Santa put that up as disinformation.

Did he, now? How did you come by such privileged information?

Go to Top of Page

Melfius
Senior Scribe

USA
516 Posts

Posted - 15 Dec 2004 :  02:12:09  Show Profile  Visit Melfius's Homepage Send Melfius a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I once ran an adventure where my group had to rescue Santa. They didn't find out until the end who he was, but the clues were hilarious! He had a large sack from which he could pull out anything a player needed, but they had to need it, or it didn't work. He also pelted bad guys with black rocks that he seemed to have in endless supply as well. It wasn't until his 'ride' showed up (the sleigh and reindeer) that they finally twigged to the identity of the old man.

He also plays the part of a running gag in some of my campaigns. See, I decided that he was the dwarven version of the Devil. Bad dwarves are sent to his shop where they are forced to wear silly clothing and make toys (which they see as next to useless), all the while being called elves! I think the fact you can re-arrange the letters in Santa to spell Satan that got me thinking along these lines.

Melfius, Pixie-Priest of Puck - Head Chef, The Faerie Kitchen, Candlekeep Inn
"What's in his pockets, besides me?"
Read a tale of my earlier days! - Happiness Comes in Small Packages
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36782 Posts

Posted - 15 Dec 2004 :  02:34:10  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Melfius

I once ran an adventure where my group had to rescue Santa. They didn't find out until the end who he was, but the clues were hilarious! He had a large sack from which he could pull out anything a player needed, but they had to need it, or it didn't work. He also pelted bad guys with black rocks that he seemed to have in endless supply as well. It wasn't until his 'ride' showed up (the sleigh and reindeer) that they finally twigged to the identity of the old man.

He also plays the part of a running gag in some of my campaigns. See, I decided that he was the dwarven version of the Devil. Bad dwarves are sent to his shop where they are forced to wear silly clothing and make toys (which they see as next to useless), all the while being called elves! I think the fact you can re-arrange the letters in Santa to spell Satan that got me thinking along these lines.

Oh, that is a rich idea! I love it!

Go to Top of Page

Melfius
Senior Scribe

USA
516 Posts

Posted - 15 Dec 2004 :  03:03:38  Show Profile  Visit Melfius's Homepage Send Melfius a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Why, thank you, Wooly! High praise indeed from a Master Mischief-Maker such as yourself!

Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 15 Dec 2004 :  03:32:12  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Excellent idea!

Oh, and Wooly -- some of us are actually on the Nice list.

Go to Top of Page

Melfius
Senior Scribe

USA
516 Posts

Posted - 15 Dec 2004 :  03:35:27  Show Profile  Visit Melfius's Homepage Send Melfius a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There IS a Nice list?!?

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36782 Posts

Posted - 15 Dec 2004 :  03:48:56  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Melfius

Why, thank you, Wooly! High praise indeed from a Master Mischief-Maker such as yourself!

Master Mischief-Maker... Now that's a title I could get used to.

quote:

Oh, and Wooly -- some of us are actually on the Nice list.

Hey, I'm a nice hamster... Just ask me, I'll tell you!

Besides -- Naughty, Nice, I just want to be on the same list as The Hooded One.

Go to Top of Page

Melfius
Senior Scribe

USA
516 Posts

Posted - 15 Dec 2004 :  03:50:47  Show Profile  Visit Melfius's Homepage Send Melfius a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hear hear!

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 18 Dec 2004 :  12:30:56  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Besides -- Naughty, Nice, I just want to be on the same list as The Hooded One.

I think we all want to be on that list...

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 19 Dec 2004 :  00:00:58  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hmm, is that the Lady Kazandra I hear in the hall?

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 19 Dec 2004 :  02:52:59  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Hmm, is that the Lady Kazandra I hear in the hall?

In fact, I think that it is... Oh no...

As this is the case, I've now been "encouraged" to retract my earlier statement about a list and the Hooded One. It's difficult for me to admit, but it is very hard to for me to just simply say "No" to this female vampire lord...

... What's that?... Oh, yes dear... I'll go help Alaundo now...

Go to Top of Page

Lina
Senior Scribe

Australia
469 Posts

Posted - 25 Dec 2004 :  02:07:47  Show Profile  Visit Lina's Homepage Send Lina a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Very nice avatar Bookwyrm. Suits you... Watch out he's got wings and dragon sight now! *Starts hiding all the precious books/scrolls*

I see you've got a new face as well Sage.

“Darkness beyond twilight, crimson beyond blood that flows! Buried in the flow of time. In thy great name. I pledge myself to darkness. All the fools who stand in our way shall be destroyed…by the power you and I possess! DRAGON SLAVE!!!”

"Thieves? Ah, such an ugly word... look upon them as the most honest sort of merchant."
-Oglar the Thieflord
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 25 Dec 2004 :  07:26:08  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lina

Could it be my actual face... the true face of the Sage? That's the question .

Edited by - The Sage on 25 Dec 2004 07:27:18
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 25 Dec 2004 :  09:31:06  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Very nice avatar Bookwyrm. Suits you... Watch out he's got wings and dragon sight now! *Starts hiding all the precious books/scrolls*

Oh, I already tried that . . . Alaundo seemed to notice it every time something went missing . . . . Bah.

Go to Top of Page

Lina
Senior Scribe

Australia
469 Posts

Posted - 26 Dec 2004 :  01:31:48  Show Profile  Visit Lina's Homepage Send Lina a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Oh, I already tried that . . . Alaundo seemed to notice it every time something went missing . . . . Bah.

Yeah it'd be easy to find if something went missing. All he'd have to do is dig through your hoard.

“Darkness beyond twilight, crimson beyond blood that flows! Buried in the flow of time. In thy great name. I pledge myself to darkness. All the fools who stand in our way shall be destroyed…by the power you and I possess! DRAGON SLAVE!!!”

"Thieves? Ah, such an ugly word... look upon them as the most honest sort of merchant."
-Oglar the Thieflord
Go to Top of Page

Lina
Senior Scribe

Australia
469 Posts

Posted - 26 Dec 2004 :  01:36:20  Show Profile  Visit Lina's Homepage Send Lina a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

quote:

So that's what you look like. (Not like I'd be hunting through the streets of Perth just to find you. Too much of a bother) I'd put mine up but... I'd probably send everyone running for the exits and you'll never see them again.

-Oglar the Thieflord
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 26 Dec 2004 :  05:03:30  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

quote:

So that's what you look like. (Not like I'd be hunting through the streets of Perth just to find you. Too much of a bother) I'd put mine up but... I'd probably send everyone running for the exits and you'll never see them again.

Actually, that image is a little old now. I've recently regrown "the beard", in a attempt to restore my "sagelyness"...

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000