Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Welcome to Candlekeep
 Well Met, and Welcome to the Forums
 Seasons Greetings to all at Candlekeep
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 21 Dec 2004 :  08:55:12  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Well met

...and Seasons Greetings to everyone here at Candlekeep I hope, whatever thy beliefs, that ye enjoy the festive season and have much merriment!

I would also like to take this opportunity to thank everyone who visits Candlekeep for the continued growth in the library and participation in discussions of Realmslore. Also, those who ne'er feel the need to put quill to parchment, but enjoy reading the scrolls and tomes herein, thank ye for visiting and keeping my fellow scribes busy

Special thanks also go out to Tethtoril, for the many many hours of painstaking work in the chambers of Candlekeep, putting together the numerous scrolls sent in by travellers of the Realms. Also, to MuadDib and Kiarin DAleshan, for the great task of running the Candlekeep Inn. What a chore indeed

...and last but certainly not least, on behalf of all here at Candlekeep, I would like to give best wishes and deepest thanks to all the Forgotten Realms authors and game designers who have graced us with their presence, who have been kind enough to share their thoughts and news with us, and answer the many questions from their fans. It is indeed a great honor to have ye all with us.

So heres to a new year, I'm sure it will be just as great as this one Best wishes, Seasons Greeetings, and MANY MANY thanks to ye all.

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 21 Dec 2004 :  09:12:47  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A guy on the radio station I listen to said this last Friday:

"You won't find it in a public school or outside a courthouse, but you'll hear it here: Merry Christmas!"

Honestly, when Jews are complaining about taking Christmas out of Christmas, something's gone wrong.

Now then, to more important matters . . . Alaundo, you are giving out Christmas bonuses, right? After all, it really would be a true Christmas miracle if you cut back on our work loads.

Hell hath no fury like all of Candlekeep rising in defense of one of its own.

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 21 Dec 2004 :  09:40:34  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bookwyrm

Now then, to more important matters . . . Alaundo, you are giving out Christmas bonuses, right? After all, it really would be a true Christmas miracle if you cut back on our work loads.

Well met

Hmmmmmm... well I would allow ye to put another coal on the fire, Bookwyrm, but as no flames are permitted herein... i'm afraid ye will have to go without

Alaundo

Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 21 Dec 2004 :  09:51:05  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
He's so stingy, he won't even give out coal at Christmas.

Why'd I ever sign that contract? I should have known something was up when that red "ink" was used . . . .

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 21 Dec 2004 :  10:53:54  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I should like to echo Big Al's sentiments, and wish everyone -- including the old man himself -- a joyous holiday season.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 21 Dec 2004 :  13:08:23  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Did I hear the possibilities for Christmas bonuses mentioned?

Yippee! Now I can purchase that toy plush doll of Alaundo that I've been saving up for... Own one of these cute little bearded seers for only... well, if you really want one, I guess you'll know the price for them .

Now if only they sold furry hamsters... I'd buy one of those in a second...

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 22 Dec 2004 :  00:28:51  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

quote:

Did I hear the possibilities for Christmas bonuses mentioned?

Yippee! Now I can purchase that toy plush doll of Alaundo that I've been saving up for... Own one of these cute little bearded seers for only... well, if you really want one, I guess you'll know the price for them .

Now if only they sold furry hamsters... I'd buy one of those in a second...

Giant Space Hamsters, or Miniature Giant Space Hamsters? I think I could hook you up with someone selling his Fire-Breathing Phase Doppelganger Giant Space Hamster... He said something about it barbequing his neighbor's Pekingnese....

Go to Top of Page

Tethtoril
Seeker

95 Posts

Posted - 22 Dec 2004 :  08:11:17  Show Profile  Visit Tethtoril's Homepage Send Tethtoril a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thankee Alaundo. But I fear I have been a pale shadow of late. To you goes the credit of maintaining the library. And to all the scribes who have contributed a hearty thanks. For all those many visitors who simply stop and read ... we are here for you. If there are none to read the words penned by those who have gone before, then libraries are for naught.

Be well in this season of holiday tidings. Be safe and most of all take some time to enjoy life.

::sniff:: *blows nose on sleeve* Abysmal dust, gets into everything.

Tethtoril

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 23 Dec 2004 :  06:42:52  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Tethtoril

Thankee Alaundo. But I fear I have been a pale shadow of late. To you goes the credit of maintaining the library. And to all the scribes who have contributed a hearty thanks. For all those many visitors who simply stop and read ... we are here for you. If there are none to read the words penned by those who have gone before, then libraries are for naught.

Be well in this season of holiday tidings. Be safe and most of all take some time to enjoy life.

::sniff:: *blows nose on sleeve* Abysmal dust, gets into everything.

Tethtoril... . Well... ... Where has Alaundo been hiding you? Not in the dungeons I hope... slaving away on various compositions of lore...

Either way, it's nice to see you out and about (and out of your cage perhaps )...

Go to Top of Page

Kiarin DAleshan
Candlekeep Inn Waitress

12 Posts

Posted - 23 Dec 2004 :  14:18:40  Show Profile  Visit Kiarin DAleshan's Homepage Send Kiarin DAleshan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Happy Holidays all. Warm wishes for a great season, and much health to you and yours.

Have a safe one, friends.

Kiarin D'Aleshan
Candlekeep Inn Waitress

"This is an inn, not a tavern, m'lord!"
Go to Top of Page

Wood Elf Ranger
Senior Scribe

USA
627 Posts

Posted - 23 Dec 2004 :  14:20:23  Show Profile  Visit Wood Elf Ranger's Homepage Send Wood Elf Ranger a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Merry Christmas y'all, and heres to a very productive, enlightening, and joyous new year! *raises glass of milk while munching on a cookie*

~Lee N.

"Breaktime yes?!.. Yes?.. Maybe?.. Noo, baaack to work.." -Grovel the Goblin from NWN: HotU
Go to Top of Page

Tethtoril
Seeker

95 Posts

Posted - 23 Dec 2004 :  16:32:17  Show Profile  Visit Tethtoril's Homepage Send Tethtoril a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

<snip>
Either way, it's nice to see you out and about (and out of your cage perhaps )...

Tis not Alaundo's doing, but something far worse ... ummm, not that Alaundo is bad mind you ... but some things are far, ummm ... nevermind.

Tethtoril

Go to Top of Page

Brother Ezra
Learned Scribe

USA
268 Posts

Posted - 24 Dec 2004 :  16:04:53  Show Profile  Visit Brother Ezra's Homepage Send Brother Ezra a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Peace on Toril, good will to all creatures. I hope that everyone has a very enjoyable holiday season, whichever god ye call your patron.

"Suffering is the touchstone of all spiritual growth."
-St. Sollars the Twice-Martyred
Go to Top of Page

Beowulf
Learned Scribe

Canada
322 Posts

Posted - 24 Dec 2004 :  16:52:18  Show Profile  Visit Beowulf's Homepage Send Beowulf a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hail!

All of the pleasantries of this season have, traditionally, stemmed straight out of the culture and beliefs of the Teutonic peoples; whom since time immemorial have called this holiest of tides Yule (Old English Geola, Old Norse Jol).

Of course, to continue the long established (if briefly interrupted)Teutonic traditon of generous hospitality and goodwill to the stranger, I would like to extend my own good wishes and good will to all.

May the Yuletide find you all rich in kith and kin, in spirits and good cheer, and may your weal wax in the new year!

Hail Jol! And hail Jolnir, the jolly ol'one-eyed elf!

"Ill tempered the wretch, who laughs at everyone. He cannot recognize, as he should, that he is not without faults." the High One, Poetic Edda

Edited by - Beowulf on 24 Dec 2004 16:59:18
Go to Top of Page

Valdar Oakensong
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
159 Posts

Posted - 24 Dec 2004 :  21:21:32  Show Profile Send Valdar Oakensong a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Merry Christmas to you all.

Guns don't kill people, magic missiles do.
Go to Top of Page

Lina
Senior Scribe

Australia
469 Posts

Posted - 25 Dec 2004 :  01:47:42  Show Profile  Visit Lina's Homepage Send Lina a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Happy holidays all! Make the most of it, I know I am. Four days off work, Woot!

“Darkness beyond twilight, crimson beyond blood that flows! Buried in the flow of time. In thy great name. I pledge myself to darkness. All the fools who stand in our way shall be destroyed…by the power you and I possess! DRAGON SLAVE!!!”

"Thieves? Ah, such an ugly word... look upon them as the most honest sort of merchant."
-Oglar the Thieflord
Go to Top of Page

Melfius
Senior Scribe

USA
516 Posts

Posted - 25 Dec 2004 :  02:38:20  Show Profile  Visit Melfius's Homepage Send Melfius a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Best wishes and happy holidays to all! May your stockings be filled with dice and your trees decorated with book store gift cards!

Melfius, Pixie-Priest of Puck - Head Chef, The Faerie Kitchen, Candlekeep Inn
"What's in his pockets, besides me?"
Read a tale of my earlier days! - Happiness Comes in Small Packages
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 25 Dec 2004 :  07:17:52  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lina

Happy holidays all! Make the most of it, I know I am. Four days off work, Woot!

Ha! Got you beat there. I've got five...

Anyways, enjoy the break my fellow scribes .

Go to Top of Page

Melfius
Senior Scribe

USA
516 Posts

Posted - 25 Dec 2004 :  07:39:15  Show Profile  Visit Melfius's Homepage Send Melfius a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ha! I got you both beat! I'm off until the 3rd of January!

Melfius, Pixie-Priest of Puck - Head Chef, The Faerie Kitchen, Candlekeep Inn
"What's in his pockets, besides me?"
Read a tale of my earlier days! - Happiness Comes in Small Packages
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 25 Dec 2004 :  09:27:08  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The Bookwyrm's internal dialogue: "Hmm, I wonder if I should tell them that I'm off until the 16th?"

Go to Top of Page

Lina
Senior Scribe

Australia
469 Posts

Posted - 26 Dec 2004 :  01:47:43  Show Profile  Visit Lina's Homepage Send Lina a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Unlike these slackers that loiter around the halls, some of us have to work. Alaundo's busy keeping us on a leash *cracks whip* while he sit's back and relaxes.

Sage gets an extra day off? Not fair!!! Well when I win lotto, I'll take a permanent holiday.

“Darkness beyond twilight, crimson beyond blood that flows! Buried in the flow of time. In thy great name. I pledge myself to darkness. All the fools who stand in our way shall be destroyed…by the power you and I possess! DRAGON SLAVE!!!”

"Thieves? Ah, such an ugly word... look upon them as the most honest sort of merchant."
-Oglar the Thieflord
Go to Top of Page

Bakra
Senior Scribe

628 Posts

Posted - 26 Dec 2004 :  02:25:04  Show Profile Send Bakra a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Merry Christmas to all and a very happy and tipsy New Year!

I hope Candlekeep continues to be the friendly forum of fellow Realms-lovers that it has always been, as we all go through this together. If you dont want to move to the new Realms, that doesnt mean theres anything wrong with either you or the old Realms. Goodness knows Candlekeep, and the hearts of its scribes, are both big enough to accommodate both. If we want them to be.
(Strikes dramatic pose, raises sword to gleam in the sunset, and hopes breeches wont fall down.)
Enough for now. The Realms lives! I have spoken! Ale and light wines half price, served by a smiling Storm Silverhand fetchingly clad in thigh-high boots and naught else! Ahem . .
So saith Ed. <snip>
love to all,
THO
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 26 Dec 2004 :  05:10:34  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Sage gets an extra day off?

Well, I've just found out that this may no longer be a certainty. I'll simply have to wait until Tuesday to know for sure. Of course, this discussion about free time could all be moot anyway... Big Al may simply decide to allocate more duties to us in the meantime...

Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 26 Dec 2004 :  11:25:34  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Well, I've just found out that this may no longer be a certainty. I'll simply have to wait until Tuesday to know for sure. Of course, this discussion about free time could all be moot anyway... Big Al may simply decide to allocate more duties to us in the meantime...

Well met

Oh thou hast no free time Sage, for I still await thy scrolls penned for the Compendium

Alaundo

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 26 Dec 2004 :  14:29:28  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alaundo

quote:

quote:

Well met

Oh thou hast no free time Sage, for I still await thy scrolls penned for the Compendium

Ah, yes. I apologise for not getting on that sooner, but as you know, I've been quite busy these last three weeks . You'll have them before week's end. I assume that will be sufficient?

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 26 Dec 2004 :  16:08:17  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

You'll have them before week's end. I assume that will be sufficient?

So long as you get them to him before the end of the year...

Go to Top of Page

Sarelle
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
508 Posts

Posted - 27 Dec 2004 :  03:11:24  Show Profile Send Sarelle a Private Message  Reply with Quote
*The drow lady shrugs off her snow-covered cowl, and smiles.*

^_^ Hullo everyone! Feels good to be back in these dusty old halls. I'm only stopping through, I'm afraid - there's no central heating here, and I have poor circulation. Why else do you think I have such grey skin?

But to the point at hand: Merry Christmas ladies and gentlemen and a Happy New Year to you. I'm glad to see the site is still running smoothly.

*Slips back out into the chilly night air.*

Chair of the The Rightful Return of Monster Deities to FR Society (RRMDFRS)

My character, drawn by Liodain: Sarelle / Sarelle (smaller)
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 27 Dec 2004 :  10:52:40  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Ah, yes. I apologise for not getting on that sooner, but as you know, I've been quite busy these last three weeks . You'll have them before week's end. I assume that will be sufficient?

Well met

Aye, Sage, worry not, I merely wished to remind thee of thy pending chores

quote:
Originally posted by Sarelle

^_^ Hullo everyone! Feels good to be back in these dusty old halls. I'm only stopping through, I'm afraid - there's no central heating here, and I have poor circulation. Why else do you think I have such grey skin?

But to the point at hand: Merry Christmas ladies and gentlemen and a Happy New Year to you. I'm glad to see the site is still running smoothly.

Ahhh, welcome back, Sarelle. I sincerely hope that all is well. It is indeed good to see thee back at Candlekeep, I hope ye return back soon

Alaundo

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 27 Dec 2004 :  13:45:24  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alaundo

quote:
Originally posted by Sarelle

Ahhh, welcome back, Sarelle. I sincerely hope that all is well. It is indeed good to see thee back at Candlekeep, I hope ye return back soon

Indeed. It is good to see that you have returned, Sarelle . I trust those duties which have kept you away from the library went well?

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 27 Dec 2004 :  22:49:05  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome back, Sarelle!

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000