Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Chamber of Sages
 Questions for Eric L Boyd
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 48

Jamallo Kreen
Master of Realmslore

USA
1537 Posts

Posted - 06 Apr 2007 :  19:36:36  Show Profile  Visit Jamallo Kreen's Homepage Send Jamallo Kreen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Purple Dragon Knight

quote:
Originally posted by Octa

An answer first:

Jamallo: a +4 aberration bane weapon will get you up to epic, since the added +2 from the bane weapon ability is an enhancement bonus.

Bane is a +1 ability, not +2. Holy and Unholy are +2.

I've been so swamped with spam recently that I've missed the past few weeks of updates here. Thanks to all who've replied to my questions.

Purple Dragon Knight, my original question was about a Dread weapon, which is +4 versus ______.

I thought I had posted a question about Kyuss's "type," but I think it failed to transmit. He is listed in Dungeon as an aberration, but is he also an Outsider (presumably "native")? With a cost running into the hundreds of thousands, if not millions, one would want to make sure that one's Dread weapon would work on more than just one bugger-all powerful evil entity. It would be disheartening, to say the least, if one created a +5 Keen Outsider Dread Longsword and then discovered that it was largely ineffective against Kyuss! I can't imagine that any player would think it necessary to create +5 Keen Aberration Dread Longsword unless they were planning on fighting hideous, unspeakable entities from the Far Realm; I mean, who'd think of a god as an aberration rather than an outsider, and why would one waste huge sums of money to make a Dread weapon if one only planned to use it on beholders and illithids and other such easily-overcome-by-high-level-parties monsters?

(Next week I should finally have the complete set of Dungeon magazines 124 through 136, so I'll have fewer "obvious" questions about the AoW. With two more "Wormfood" Dragon Magazines to get, I'll have a full set of the published material, so that leads to what I suspect will be an inevitability: is Wizards planning to publish a book version of AoW?)

I have a mouth, but I am in a library and must not scream.

Feed the poor and stroke your ego, too: http://www.freerice.com/index.php.

Go to Top of Page

ericlboyd
Forgotten Realms Designer

USA
2066 Posts

Posted - 06 Apr 2007 :  20:21:20  Show Profile  Visit ericlboyd's Homepage Send ericlboyd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by turox

Hey Eric just wanted to let you know that I picked up Dragon 354 yesterday and the timeline in it was amazing. Thanks for helping get us caught up to speed and straightened out. The only downside is that now you can't hang out in the Old Skull Inn. I was going to buy you a drink the next time you were there but I guess now we will have to go somewhere else. (Really got a kick of that little "note" at the end of the article.) Let us know if you would like for us to create a webpoll to get you reinstated back in the Old Skull Inn. I'm sure that we would be happy to try and make that happen. (or at least I will.)

Thanks for the kind words. I'd suggest avoiding the Old Skull Inn (and most of Shadowdale, for that matter) during the month of Hammer. Maybe after the module comes out it'll be safe to return.

--Eric

--
http://www.ericlboyd.com/dnd/
Go to Top of Page

Jamallo Kreen
Master of Realmslore

USA
1537 Posts

Posted - 16 Apr 2007 :  20:03:58  Show Profile  Visit Jamallo Kreen's Homepage Send Jamallo Kreen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ericlboyd

quote:
And Mintarn as Ahlaster, I wanted my PCs to get a city close to some action.

Not that it matters, but I think you meant to say that you were making Mintar the Realms-equivalent of Alhaster.

Mintar is different from Mintarn. (The former is a Banite-ruled city on the Lake of Steam, the latter is a "free port" on an island of the same name in the Sea of Swords between Waterdeep and the Moonshaes.)

A common mistake.

--Eric

Well met!

I am still awaiting my last three AoW Dungeon Magazines, including the one with "Redhand," which, I think is the issue which describes Alhaster.

Eric, is there a town or city in Faerun which is particularly well-suited for being the Realms-equivalent of Alhaster? If not, is there any significant adjusting which needs to be done to place it as yet another unmapped (perhaps "lost") city in Chult or Zakhara?

Go to Top of Page

ericlboyd

USA
2066 Posts

Posted - 17 Apr 2007 :  03:21:41  Show Profile  Visit ericlboyd's Homepage Send ericlboyd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jamallo Kreen

Eric, is there a town or city in Faerun which is particularly well-suited for being the Realms-equivalent of Alhaster? If not, is there any significant adjusting which needs to be done to place it as yet another unmapped (perhaps "lost") city in Chult or Zakhara?

See the conversion notes for my best suggestion ... Mintarn. If you don't want to go that far north, one of the Border Kingdoms or even Ormpur might work.

--Eric

--
Go to Top of Page

Jamallo Kreen
Master of Realmslore

USA
1537 Posts

Posted - 17 Apr 2007 :  23:14:09  Show Profile  Visit Jamallo Kreen's Homepage Send Jamallo Kreen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thank you so much! Sometimes the answer is staring me in my face and I miss it. I'm intrigued by the thought of using one of the Border Kingdoms, though -- I can put Power of Faerun to very good use. As for Ormpur ... I'll have to look that one up in the atlas; I don't even know where it is -- but I'll find it!

Go to Top of Page

ericlboyd

USA
2066 Posts

Posted - 18 Apr 2007 :  00:56:50  Show Profile  Visit ericlboyd's Homepage Send ericlboyd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Thank you so much! Sometimes the answer is staring me in my face and I miss it. I'm intrigued by the thought of using one of the Border Kingdoms, though -- I can put Power of Faerun to very good use. As for Ormpur ... I'll have to look that one up in the atlas; I don't even know where it is -- but I'll find it!

See Lapaliiya in Serpent Kingdoms.

--Eric

--
Go to Top of Page

maelstrom58
Acolyte

USA
32 Posts

Posted - 26 Apr 2007 :  02:38:57  Show Profile  Visit maelstrom58's Homepage Send maelstrom58 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So, Mr. Boyd--I would think that you are tremendously busy at the moment and simply haven't had time to answer my question, is that correct? I of course recognize that some of us have lives (curse you for having one! ), and must apparently spend time with them from time to time. If that's the case, I understand, and take your time.

If however, there is some underlying problem here, whether it be that there's an NDA or you think I smell funny or something , just tell me; I'm just wondering whether you've thought about my query at all.
Go to Top of Page

Asgetrion
Master of Realmslore

Finland
1564 Posts

Posted - 26 Apr 2007 :  14:29:18  Show Profile  Visit Asgetrion's Homepage Send Asgetrion a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by maelstrom58

So, Mr. Boyd--I would think that you are tremendously busy at the moment and simply haven't had time to answer my question, is that correct? I of course recognize that some of us have lives (curse you for having one! ), and must apparently spend time with them from time to time. If that's the case, I understand, and take your time.

If however, there is some underlying problem here, whether it be that there's an NDA or you think I smell funny or something , just tell me; I'm just wondering whether you've thought about my query at all.

Maelstrom, please be patient! Eric and our other resident Great Sages are very busy, and, contrary to the common belief, *do* have private lives.
Sometimes you may have to wait a bit longer for answers or comments (Ed is so busy that you might have to wait for months or even a year). Eric will get back to you as soon as he only can. Please remember that he may to make absolutely sure that your question isn't covered by a NDA, or search his notes, files or archives for that particular piece of information.

"What am I doing today? Ask me tomorrow - I can be sure of giving you the right answer then."
-- Askarran of Selgaunt, Master Sage, speaking to a curious merchant, Year of the Helm
Go to Top of Page

maelstrom58
Acolyte

USA
32 Posts

Posted - 26 Apr 2007 :  18:23:03  Show Profile  Visit maelstrom58's Homepage Send maelstrom58 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Asgetrion
Maelstrom, please be patient! Eric and our other resident Great Sages are very busy, and, contrary to the common belief, *do* have private lives.
Sometimes you may have to wait a bit longer for answers or comments (Ed is so busy that you might have to wait for months or even a year). Eric will get back to you as soon as he only can. Please remember that he may to make absolutely sure that your question isn't covered by a NDA, or search his notes, files or archives for that particular piece of information.

I understand, Asgetrion. The reasoned for my above reply is that I didn't know whether or not Eric's thread had the same general rules as Ed's threads--specifically, whether posters should repeat their queries or not. Since earlier in the thread I did see this happen, and no one corrected them, I assumed that this thread might be governed by other rules. Thanks for making this point clear for me and others, Asgetrion.
Go to Top of Page

Skeptic
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1273 Posts

Posted - 26 Apr 2007 :  18:32:02  Show Profile Send Skeptic a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Well, Eric doesn't have a THO to monitor all the questions he got
Go to Top of Page

Jamallo Kreen
Master of Realmslore

USA
1537 Posts

Posted - 02 May 2007 :  20:56:52  Show Profile  Visit Jamallo Kreen's Homepage Send Jamallo Kreen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Eric, please don't despair of me, because I know that you have answered this before, but I can't find the exact location of your answer.

Who, exactly was Borem of the Lake of Boiling Mud, who was slain (or just subdued -- or maybe subsumed?) by Bane, Bhaal and Myrkul when they were still mortals?

Wikipedia was apparently where I know that I saw a date which marked the earliest possible boundary of the Ebon Triad's ascension: -339 DR, because Jergal was still a greater god then (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bane_%28god%29#Bane.27s_Servants). That part of another question of mine is now answered, because, while not canon, the date is an almost certain assumption based upon the Netheril: Empire of Magic boxed set; the Ebon Triad almost certainly became gods after the fall of Netheril, unless Jergal took early retirement (or desk duty, at least) while he was still being actively worshipped, which doesn't seem likely. Still unanswered is the question of the world on which Bane earned his character class levels, since it wasn't on Toril, for the most part.

Go to Top of Page

ericlboyd

USA
2066 Posts

Posted - 02 May 2007 :  21:13:39  Show Profile  Visit ericlboyd's Homepage Send ericlboyd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Eric, please don't despair of me, because I know that you have answered this before, but I can't find the exact location of your answer.

Who, exactly was Borem of the Lake of Boiling Mud, who was slain (or just subdued -- or maybe subsumed?) by Bane, Bhaal and Myrkul when they were still mortals?

As I noted in the C&D web enhancement, Borem is thought to have been one of the Seven Lost Gods. (There are 2 sets of Seven Lost Gods. The OLDER set includes Borem, Tyranthraxus, etc. Only five of that set are named.) Borem's backstory was built up slightly in Faiths & Pantheons. Tyranthraxus was the only other one to get any backstory. (The list of five comes from a booklet included in the old AD&D1 Pool of Radiance computer game.)

The date when he was slain is not known. There are lots of guesses on the Internet, but the range of possible dates is very broad.

It's possible you might get more info in the future.

--Eric

--
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 03 May 2007 :  00:39:35  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The few Borem tidbits in Faiths & Pantheons are in the section for the "Jathiman Dagger" on pg. 169. More were included in the "Mezeketh Isle" map key section in "Places of Worship" and the sidebar on pg. 170.

Currently, I'm working under the assumption that the "Lake of Boiling Blood" may have, in fact, been the "avatar" of Borem, as suggested by Eric -

"Implicit in your assumption is that the Lake of Burning Blood is a "real lake". I'd suggest that maybe it's a moveable lake (in other words, the lake is the "avatar" of Borem). Alternatively, it could be the lake is created by opening a blood-spewing portal. When the portal closes/moves, the lake drains away.

--Eric"

F&P places the Lake's possible location on Mezeketh Isle -- two miles SW of Saerloon's harbor. It's also said that the Lake may have existed, during pre-Dale Reckoning, somewhere in Jhaamdath -- possibly in the vicinity of what would become Sembia. These "indefinite" points about the possible location of the Lake may work to support a little of what Eric suggested above about Borem's "travelling" avatar.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 03 May 2007 :  00:48:49  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Wikipedia was apparently where I know that I saw a date which marked the earliest possible boundary of the Ebon Triad's ascension: -339 DR, because Jergal was still a greater god then (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bane_%28god%29#Bane.27s_Servants). That part of another question of mine is now answered, because, while not canon, the date is an almost certain assumption based upon the Netheril: Empire of Magic boxed set; the Ebon Triad almost certainly became gods after the fall of Netheril, unless Jergal took early retirement (or desk duty, at least) while he was still being actively worshipped, which doesn't seem likely. Still unanswered is the question of the world on which Bane earned his character class levels, since it wasn't on Toril, for the most part.
There was also some further speculation on Bane's ascension in your original query scroll.

We're also likely to learn a little more about the Three -- possibly in the upcoming Grand History.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage

Edited by - The Sage on 03 May 2007 00:51:54
Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 03 May 2007 :  06:41:11  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Eric I was wondering if you might have any input on the topic of this scroll

http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=9299

“I am the King of Rome, and above grammar”

Emperor Sigismund

"Its good to be the King!"

Mel Brooks

Edited by - Dargoth on 03 May 2007 06:41:46
Go to Top of Page

Gray Richardson
Master of Realmslore

USA
1291 Posts

Posted - 09 May 2007 :  07:46:17  Show Profile  Visit Gray Richardson's Homepage Send Gray Richardson a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Eric, I loved the latest Volo's Guide on Demon Cults. Great job on that one!

I have a question for you, I was wondering about any other possible candidates for "Those Who Sleep Below", aside from Dagon. I was thinking Bechard might fit. Maybe Demogorgon (who is aquatic though he is not an Obyrith). It had occured to me that even Blibdoolpoolp might have once started out as a simple obyrith lord before seeking greater divinity. Do you have any thoughts you can share?
Go to Top of Page

Drakul
Senior Scribe

USA
367 Posts

Posted - 09 May 2007 :  18:22:14  Show Profile Send Drakul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Vendui' khal abbil.

I have a question. Will there be any upcoming novels that have the Jaezred Chaulssin in it?? Out of all the Drow novels, the only type of Drow that have been concentrated on, were those that follow Lolth and Eilistraee. While WotSQ had the JC in it along with Vhaeraun, I find it a slight injustice concerning Drow of other faiths.

Will the JC gain more novel time??

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDonLNKf6_KA9Qlal3Qu3zQ?view_as=subscriber
Go to Top of Page

ericlboyd

USA
2066 Posts

Posted - 09 May 2007 :  18:24:06  Show Profile  Visit ericlboyd's Homepage Send ericlboyd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Drakul

Vendui' khal abbil.

I have a question. Will there be any upcoming novels that have the Jaezred Chaulssin in it?? Out of all the Drow novels, the only type of Drow that have been concentrated on, were those that follow Lolth and Eilistraee. While WotSQ had the JC in it along with Vhaeraun, I find it a slight injustice concerning Drow of other faiths.

Will the JC gain more novel time??

I'm unaware of any planned appearance of the Jaezred Chaulssin in upcoming novels, but I don't know much of the novel plans. If you'd like to see more, I recommend writing to WoTC and requesting such.

--Eric

--
Go to Top of Page

ericlboyd

USA
2066 Posts

Posted - 09 May 2007 :  18:33:06  Show Profile  Visit ericlboyd's Homepage Send ericlboyd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Gray Richardson

Hi Eric, I loved the latest Volo's Guide on Demon Cults. Great job on that one!

I have a question for you, I was wondering about any other possible candidates for "Those Who Sleep Below", aside from Dagon. I was thinking Bechard might fit. Maybe Demogorgon (who is aquatic though he is not an Obyrith). It had occured to me that even Blibdoolpoolp might have once started out as a simple obyrith lord before seeking greater divinity. Do you have any thoughts you can share?

Hi Gray,

Glad you liked it. It's not required that "Those Who Sleep" be obyriths, but I had personally thought they probably all were. (This is a pre-FC1 thought.)

I had long thought the Blibdoolpoolp should be one of "Those Who Sleep". (If we go with the obyrith requirement, then she must be an ascended demon princess.) Perhaps she replaced an older, more piscene deity of the kuo-toa? (I say this because I've always thought her human-like features suggest she is a more modern deity and the kuo-toa are an ancient race.)

As for other deities, Bechard is certainly a good candidate. If you don't require obyriths, then a quick skim of FC1, page 155, suggests names like Aseroth, Dwiergus, Gresil, Juiblex (pre-defeat by Ghaunadaur), Lissa'aere, and Ugudenk would all make interesting candidates.

--Eric

--
Go to Top of Page

Octa
Learned Scribe

USA
138 Posts

Posted - 09 May 2007 :  19:06:01  Show Profile  Visit Octa's Homepage Send Octa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Eric- Has the Tree Gem given to Gareth Dragonsbane ever been statted out. Does it just block demons or does it also block Evil Dragons as well?
Go to Top of Page

ericlboyd

USA
2066 Posts

Posted - 09 May 2007 :  21:28:41  Show Profile  Visit ericlboyd's Homepage Send ericlboyd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Eric- Has the Tree Gem given to Gareth Dragonsbane ever been statted out. Does it just block demons or does it also block Evil Dragons as well?

I don't believe it's been statted out, but you could doublecheck H4 and FR9. (Last of the Bloodstone modules and the Bloodstone Lands sourcebook.)

AFAIK, it blocks demons, not dragons, but I haven't looked in a while.

--Eric

--
Go to Top of Page

Jamallo Kreen
Master of Realmslore

USA
1537 Posts

Posted - 10 May 2007 :  02:46:12  Show Profile  Visit Jamallo Kreen's Homepage Send Jamallo Kreen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

quote:

Wikipedia was apparently where I know that I saw a date which marked the earliest possible boundary of the Ebon Triad's ascension: -339 DR, because Jergal was still a greater god then. (snip)
There was also some further speculation on Bane's ascension in your original query scroll.

We're also likely to learn a little more about the Three -- possibly in the upcoming Grand History.

Thank you, Sage. I had completely forgotten the discussion there.

Go to Top of Page

Foxhelm
Senior Scribe

Canada
592 Posts

Posted - 10 May 2007 :  13:46:23  Show Profile Send Foxhelm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have a few questions about Fey'ri, and I am asking you as a consultant who has experiences with this topic:

From what is shown in much of the third/third point five edition of the Fey'ri, it seems that a large number of succubi were involved with the processes of the fey'ri creation.

My question is did the elves of these families make deals with any Demon Princes for access to a large number of these and other demons? If so, which ones? If it was just succubi or their linked demons, I could see Malcanthet or Graz'zt being involved.

Also if there is a Demon Prince was involved, could these Greater evils kept some of the demon-tainted elves for their own personal use? Or even have spawned some family lines of Fey'ri that could be reflected in their appearance?

I have an idea for a fey'ri who is in the process of being redeemed by the love of a compassionate Celadrin, but I am trying to brew up a background for her. Perhaps something unique as forshadowing her unique position.

Thanks for trying to help me and all of the others. I hope I haven't taken up much of your time needed for work.

Foxhelm

Ed Greenwood! The Solution... and Cause of all the Realms Problems!
Go to Top of Page

ericlboyd

USA
2066 Posts

Posted - 10 May 2007 :  14:21:49  Show Profile  Visit ericlboyd's Homepage Send ericlboyd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Foxhelm

I have a few questions about Fey'ri, and I am asking you as a consultant who has experiences with this topic:

Hey! I invented the fey'ri! ;-)

Look at the write-up of House Dlardrageth in Cloak & Dagger [2e] for the most extensive backstory on the fey'ri.

quote:
From what is shown in much of the third/third point five edition of the Fey'ri, it seems that a large number of succubi were involved with the processes of the fey'ri creation.

I think I actually wrote succubi and incubi. Note there's now a 3.5e version of the incubi different from a "male succubus" in the Dragon write-up of Malcanthet. If that had been around when I wrote that part of C&D, I would have referred to that.

quote:
My question is did the elves of these families make deals with any Demon Princes for access to a large number of these and other demons? If so, which ones? If it was just succubi or their linked demons, I could see Malcanthet or Graz'zt being involved.

Very interesting question and not one that I've ever thought about. What you say makes a lot of sense. I'd probably vote for Malcanthet or possibly one of her rivals (Shami-Amourae or L....). I like my idea for Graz'zt that I put in the recent Volo article in Dragon.

quote:
Also if there is a Demon Prince was involved, could these Greater evils kept some of the demon-tainted elves for their own personal use?

Sure. That's not where I was going with the story, but that's a fine variation for a campaign.

quote:
Or even have spawned some family lines of Fey'ri that could be reflected in their appearance?

Ditto.

quote:
I have an idea for a fey'ri who is in the process of being redeemed by the love of a compassionate Celadrin, but I am trying to brew up a background for her. Perhaps something unique as forshadowing her unique position.

Sounds intriguing!

quote:
Thanks for trying to help me and all of the others. I hope I haven't taken up much of your time needed for work.

Foxhelm

Glad to help.

--Eric

--
Go to Top of Page

FireKnife
Acolyte

USA
48 Posts

Posted - 12 May 2007 :  22:43:40  Show Profile  Visit FireKnife's Homepage Send FireKnife a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Eric afew questions for you about the we for Dragons of Faerun. Are shadow draconic drow strictly female? The Shadow City Chaul'mur'ssin still in the shadow plane, is it still populated by the church of Vhaeraun? In Jaezred Chaulssin are half- shadow dragon drow favored over shadow draconic drow. Where is the city of Jhachalkhyn located? Is it ruled over like Menzoberranzan? Also your write up on Nimor differs from Rich Bakers is this to reflect his loss of status.? He lost his frost burst rapier, arms of Jaezred Chaulssin and I believe a couple of other items.
Go to Top of Page

ericlboyd

USA
2066 Posts

Posted - 13 May 2007 :  01:59:10  Show Profile  Visit ericlboyd's Homepage Send ericlboyd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by FireKnife

Eric afew questions for you about the we for Dragons of Faerun. Are shadow draconic drow strictly female?

No. However, those in the harems are.

quote:
The Shadow City Chaul'mur'ssin still in the shadow plane, is it still populated by the church of Vhaeraun?

Not sure I follow. The Shadow City is inhabited by shadow draconic drow dominated by the Church of Vhaerun.

quote:
In Jaezred Chaulssin are half- shadow dragon drow favored over shadow draconic drow.

Yes.

quote:
Where is the city of Jhachalkhyn located?

Under Neverwinter Woods.

quote:
Is it ruled over like Menzoberranzan?

Yes.

quote:
Also your write up on Nimor differs from Rich Bakers is this to reflect his loss of status.? He lost his frost burst rapier, arms of Jaezred Chaulssin and I believe a couple of other items.

Yes.

--Eric

--
Go to Top of Page

FireKnife
Acolyte

USA
48 Posts

Posted - 13 May 2007 :  04:40:25  Show Profile  Visit FireKnife's Homepage Send FireKnife a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What I mean is the city of Chaul'mur'ssin is a different city than Chaulssin? The Jaezred Chaulssin populated Chaulssin again to avoid war with the clergy of Vhaerun back in Chaul'mur'ssin correct? Great write up. The write ups for shadow draconic drow and half-shadow dragon drow were great for game play. Another question, shadow draconic drow could hold positions of velve even though thier half blooded kin are favored over them? Thanks for the reply.

Edited by - FireKnife on 13 May 2007 07:16:43
Go to Top of Page

ericlboyd

USA
2066 Posts

Posted - 14 May 2007 :  14:36:35  Show Profile  Visit ericlboyd's Homepage Send ericlboyd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by FireKnife

What I mean is the city of Chaul'mur'ssin is a different city than Chaulssin?

Yes.

quote:
The Jaezred Chaulssin populated Chaulssin again to avoid war with the clergy of Vhaerun back in Chaul'mur'ssin correct?

Yes.

quote:
Great write up. The write ups for shadow draconic drow and half-shadow dragon drow were great for game play.

Thanks!

quote:
Another question, shadow draconic drow could hold positions of velve even though thier half blooded kin are favored over them?

Yes, but rarely. They just can't advance to the rank of Patron Father, since they can't become drow-dragons.

--Eric

--
Go to Top of Page

FireKnife
Acolyte

USA
48 Posts

Posted - 14 May 2007 :  15:22:36  Show Profile  Visit FireKnife's Homepage Send FireKnife a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the replies. Great work again. Sorry for so many questions but I was really looking forward to this web enhancement.
Go to Top of Page

KnightErrantJR
Great Reader

USA
5402 Posts

Posted - 14 May 2007 :  16:48:47  Show Profile  Visit KnightErrantJR's Homepage Send KnightErrantJR a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hey Eric, I just wanted to pick your brain about kind of an extreem example that I thought might be fun to use in a campaign.

Do you think that there would be anything wrong with a small cult of Astaroth gaining spells if their divine casters had both Servant of the Fallen and Thrall to Demon, or does Astaroth have to be present, alive, and able to "ethrall" those taking the Thrall to demon feat?

Thanks.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 48 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000