Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Chamber of Sages
 Questions for Erik Scott de Bie
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 53

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 08 Dec 2007 :  02:31:18  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Erik Scott de Bie

Not that this is particularly relevant, but for all those Fox-at-Twilight fans out there, I came up with a pic that's pretty spot on for my visualization of Twilight.

Interestingly enough, it's one of the first "fantasy women" pictures I saw as a kid, getting into then 2e AD&D. Strange how memory works out.

Anyway, check out my blog to read all about it:

http://eriksdb.livejournal.com/123929.html

Cheers

Cool picture, thanks for sharing it with us!

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
--Richard Greene (letter to Time)
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 08 Dec 2007 :  17:18:41  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hey, just givin' love to those artists who deserve it! :)

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

'Tis easier to destroy than to create.

Author of a number of Realms novels (GHOSTWALKER, DEPTHS OF MADNESS, and the SHADOWBANE series), contributor to the NEVERWINTER CAMPAIGN GUIDE and SHADOWFELL: GLOOMWROUGHT AND BEYOND, Twitch DM of the Dungeon Scrawlers, currently playing "The Westgate Irregulars"
Go to Top of Page

TomCosta
Forgotten Realms Designer

USA
954 Posts

Posted - 12 Feb 2008 :  00:47:42  Show Profile Send TomCosta a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just an FYI, that Erik and I have posted stats for Twilight, Gargan, and Tlork in the General area of the forums.

http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=10646 and

http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=10647
Go to Top of Page

Penknight
Senior Scribe

USA
538 Posts

Posted - 12 Feb 2008 :  03:46:42  Show Profile Send Penknight a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Is there any chance of seeing Cythara or her brother statted out here on the boards in the near future?

Telethian Phoenix
Pathfinder Reference Document
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 12 Feb 2008 :  04:04:46  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It's always possible.

If these posts are well received, we just might.

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Author of a number of Realms novels (GHOSTWALKER, DEPTHS OF MADNESS, and the SHADOWBANE series), contributor to the NEVERWINTER CAMPAIGN GUIDE and SHADOWFELL: GLOOMWROUGHT AND BEYOND, Twitch DM of the Dungeon Scrawlers, currently playing "The Westgate Irregulars"
Go to Top of Page

Drunken Master
Acolyte

USA
39 Posts

Posted - 12 Feb 2008 :  18:43:47  Show Profile  Visit Drunken Master's Homepage Send Drunken Master a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Erik, you & Costa are awesome - thanks for posting all those stats!!! I look forward to tying them into my campaign somehow!

Erik Nowak
Graphic Designer, Blackdirge Publishing
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 12 Feb 2008 :  18:53:49  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Aw shucks.

Tom and I have been working on these for a while, and we had the basic stats some time ago, which allowed me to incorporate Twilight into a couple games I ran with my own tabletop group. Not as much about dealing with her personally (though there was one memorable duel that resulted in all the PCs knocked unconscious), but more about working through intrigues and adventures involving her past.

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 13 Feb 2008 :  00:05:57  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oooh! I would've loved to have been a participate at your gaming table Erik. Sounds like fun. And you revealed a little more about Twilight's past? Neat.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 13 Feb 2008 :  00:27:47  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

Oooh! I would've loved to have been a participate at your gaming table Erik.

And you would be most welcome!

Yet another reason to come to Indy, mayhap?

quote:
Sounds like fun. And you revealed a little more about Twilight's past? Neat.

I did indeed.

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Go to Top of Page

Penknight
Senior Scribe

USA
538 Posts

Posted - 13 Feb 2008 :  12:00:29  Show Profile Send Penknight a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

It's always possible.

If these posts are well received, we just might.

Cheers

Then I have to tell you, they were well received!

Also, I have a certain fey'ri PC/NPC that I would like to use her with in one of my campaigns (if Cythara would 'spend time' with a fey'ri, that is. )

Thanks for all that you've done thus far and still continue to do, and know that I look forward to seeing more!

Telethian Phoenix
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 13 Feb 2008 :  16:03:16  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'll think about it. Tom--you interested in statting out a feyri wizardess? And her bumbling brother? :)

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Go to Top of Page

TomCosta
Forgotten Realms Designer

USA
954 Posts

Posted - 23 Feb 2008 :  17:19:58  Show Profile Send TomCosta a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sure. Want to email with your thoughts on their starting point and we can work it from there. :-)
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 19 Mar 2008 :  14:04:53  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
And here we are:

http://www.candlekeep.com/library/lore.htm

Down at the bottom of the page, you'll find a writeup of Yldar and Cythara, updated to 1375.

You'll notice Yldar varies quite a bit from how I've described him. This is because, well, this build fits him better and is just, well, all around better. :D

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Go to Top of Page

Ergdusch
Master of Realmslore

Germany
1720 Posts

Posted - 19 Mar 2008 :  17:36:27  Show Profile Send Ergdusch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well now Mr. de Bie!

Just because you are FR author does not mean you that double-posting this info, no matter how greatful I might be about it, earns a second thank-you from me!

No fishing for compliments!

"Das Gras weht im Wind, wenn der Wind weht."
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 19 Mar 2008 :  20:48:50  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ergdusch

No fishing for compliments!

tbtt!

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 20 Mar 2008 :  00:19:48  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes, I had fun reading about the characters, too.

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
--Richard Greene (letter to Time)
Go to Top of Page

Penknight
Senior Scribe

USA
538 Posts

Posted - 23 Mar 2008 :  01:14:21  Show Profile Send Penknight a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

And here we are:

http://www.candlekeep.com/library/lore.htm

Down at the bottom of the page, you'll find a writeup of Yldar and Cythara, updated to 1375.

You'll notice Yldar varies quite a bit from how I've described him. This is because, well, this build fits him better and is just, well, all around better. :D

Cheers

Thank you so much for posting them, sir. I *really* do appreciate all of the effort that went in to this project and hope that I run the characters in my campaign as well as you have written them. Again, thank you.

Telethian Phoenix
Go to Top of Page

sfdragon
Great Reader

2285 Posts

Posted - 27 Mar 2008 :  06:00:23  Show Profile Send sfdragon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
will there be any more novels with the lovely fox at twilight in it?

will she survive the spell plague?

why is being a wizard like being a drow? both are likely to find a dagger in the back from a rival or one looking to further his own goals, fame and power

My FR fan fiction
Magister's GAmbit
http://steelfiredragon.deviantart.com/gallery/33539234
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 27 Mar 2008 :  16:14:00  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sfdragon

will there be any more novels with the lovely fox at twilight in it?

I couldn't say at the moment, sfd, though I'm flattered by the interest!

I will say that it is my *intention* to have Twilight reappear. We'll just see if that manifests.

quote:
will she survive the spell plague?

Again, can't say for sure, but I will note that she *is* an elf (and not a particularly old one at that), so the skip into 4e FR won't kill her by time alone.

The life of an adventurer is a dangerous one--particularly going through what sounds like total chaos during the Spellplague years. It's always possible Twilight fell victim to the blue fire, but she is--if anything--a survivor. I guess we'll just have to see!

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3563 Posts

Posted - 18 Jun 2008 :  15:44:59  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Been out of the loop for a bit, being busy with the baby and all.

Anything new brews simmering with you? When/where can I next read your work?

A little nonsense now and then, relished by the wisest men - Willy Wonka

"We need men who can dream of things that never were." -

John F. Kennedy, speech in Dublin, Ireland, June 28, 1963
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 18 Jun 2008 :  16:01:31  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just hanging out here in Seattle, writing as much as I can around the whole day-job situation. Writing a couple independent fantasy tales, but those are still far off.

I currently have a WotC novel in the works, though I can't say more about it than that (no hint of a release date either or even what *setting* it's in, if any). Hopefully, I can say something soon!

Glad you're finding some free time again. Hope things are going well with the Red Crawler. Or is the baby up to walking yet?

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 18 Jun 2008 :  16:19:57  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Writing a couple independent fantasy tales, but those are still far off.
Any tidbits you can share with us here -- perhaps what they're about? Or it it too early to say anything?

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3563 Posts

Posted - 18 Jun 2008 :  16:25:46  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Just hanging out here in Seattle, writing as much as I can around the whole day-job situation. Writing a couple independent fantasy tales, but those are still far off.

I currently have a WotC novel in the works, though I can't say more about it than that (no hint of a release date either or even what *setting* it's in, if any). Hopefully, I can say something soon!

Glad you're finding some free time again. Hope things are going well with the Red Crawler. Or is the baby up to walking yet?

Cheers

LOL! Thanks for asking, he is just over 8 months so he is still the red crawler, but he does stand up in the middle of the room. Then he just kinda looks around with that "now what the heck am I supposed to do" look on his face until he screams the plops back down!
He did give us quite the scare last wednesday though, he was with his Mother shopping and apparently has some roguish skills. While Kendra was looking at something, jr. freed himself from his safety straps, stood up and did a swan dive right out of the shopping cart! My daughter , standing about 15 feet away saw it as it happened and screamed hes going to jump MOMMY!! which allowed my wife to turn and see him go headfirst onto the tile floor. So I get a call as they are rushing him to the ER. Of course Kendra was frazled so , I feared the worst drove 20 miles in about 12 minutes flat to the hospital!!!
Long story short after the CAT scan, he had a mild concussion and his face looked like he was just in a MMA fight.
I think I lost a year worrying, but kids are tough!

Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 18 Jun 2008 :  18:01:06  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

Any tidbits you can share with us here -- perhaps what they're about? Or it it too early to say anything?

Well, the one WIP I have going currently is sort of epic fantasy in scope, though it maintains a sword-and-sorcery-esque focus.

Picture Martin's aSoIaF, except sticking with only one or two characters (who are generally right next to each other most of the time, they just have different perspectives, and you learn different things depending on who is seeing the action).

It's set in something I talked about a while back on my blog, the World of Ruin--which is a fantasy world on the brink of magical world-war/apocalypse, which uses magic in place of technology (skyships, cannon, etc) that harms the environment (the way our technologies do in our own world).

Glad to hear Red Crawler's doing well, RW (born with the toughness feat). I wish you good luck with him in the future.

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3563 Posts

Posted - 18 Jun 2008 :  18:33:27  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Picture Martin's aSoIaF, except sticking with only one or two characters (who are generally right next to each other most of the time, they just have different perspectives, and you learn different things depending on who is seeing the action).

Sweet! Could this be the long awaited and greatly anticipated Bars and Derst Epic Triolgy?
quote:

Glad to hear Red Crawler's doing well, RW (born with the toughness feat). I wish you good luck with him in the future.

Cheers

Thanks, we need it!

Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 18 Jun 2008 :  18:38:53  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Red Walker

Sweet! Could this be the long awaited and greatly anticipated Bars and Derst Epic Triolgy?

Oh no--wasn't talking about a Realms book, but one of my own completely original creations. No hint if I'm going to be writing another FR book--guess we'll see!

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Edited by - Erik Scott de Bie on 18 Jun 2008 22:34:48
Go to Top of Page

sfdragon
Great Reader

2285 Posts

Posted - 18 Jun 2008 :  22:21:29  Show Profile Send sfdragon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So is twilight's 4e stats been though of yet??

catburglar or infiltrator??

why is being a wizard like being a drow? both are likely to find a dagger in the back from a rival or one looking to further his own goals, fame and power

My FR fan fiction
Magister's GAmbit
http://steelfiredragon.deviantart.com/gallery/33539234
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 18 Jun 2008 :  22:37:11  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Certainly not that I know of!

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Edited by - Erik Scott de Bie on 19 Jun 2008 22:49:32
Go to Top of Page

Ergdusch
Master of Realmslore

Germany
1720 Posts

Posted - 18 Jun 2008 :  22:41:57  Show Profile Send Ergdusch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

catburglar or infiltrator??

what's that?!

"Das Gras weht im Wind, wenn der Wind weht."
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 18 Jun 2008 :  23:08:12  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ergdusch

what's that?!

That was a slip of the keys. Post edited to have, y'know, content.

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 53 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000