Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms RPG Products
 Champions of Valor
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 12

The Blue Sorceress
Learned Scribe

107 Posts

Posted - 28 Dec 2005 :  06:31:54  Show Profile  Visit The Blue Sorceress's Homepage Send The Blue Sorceress a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Picked this little gem up recently and I have just one thing to say: PONIES!!!!

A-hem!

I was glad to see this fellas in print. Other items of interest: The Holy Realm. I don't remember hearing about this before. Is it a new organization/area or has it been haning around for a while?

-Blue

Absolute Power Corrupts Absolutely.

I see your walrus and raise you a carpenter
Go to Top of Page

seankreynolds
Forgotten Realms Designer

USA
91 Posts

Posted - 28 Dec 2005 :  10:48:57  Show Profile  Visit seankreynolds's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I lost my notes in a computer crash, but someone (Eric? Garen?) told me the Holy Realm was mentioned in an Elminster's Everwinking Eye article by Ed in a Polyhedron mag. There aren't any other references that I know of in official Realmslore.
Go to Top of Page

The Blue Sorceress
Learned Scribe

107 Posts

Posted - 30 Dec 2005 :  07:18:38  Show Profile  Visit The Blue Sorceress's Homepage Send The Blue Sorceress a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by seankreynolds

I lost my notes in a computer crash, but someone (Eric? Garen?) told me the Holy Realm was mentioned in an Elminster's Everwinking Eye article by Ed in a Polyhedron mag. There aren't any other references that I know of in official Realmslore.

Ah, thank you very much. Egads, though, I know what a computer crash can do to you, so you have my sympathy in that regard.

-Blue

Absolute Power Corrupts Absolutely.

I see your walrus and raise you a carpenter
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 30 Dec 2005 :  08:59:21  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Blue Sorceress, you might try pinging Eric in his scroll for details about the Holy Realm.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

ericlboyd

USA
2066 Posts

Posted - 30 Dec 2005 :  20:27:23  Show Profile  Visit ericlboyd's Homepage Send ericlboyd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

Blue Sorceress, you might try pinging Eric in his scroll for details about the Holy Realm.

It was me. The Holy Realm gets about three pages in one of the Elminster's Everwinking Eye series. (It was part of the Turmish series, IIRC.)

--Eric

--
http://www.ericlboyd.com/dnd/
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 31 Dec 2005 :  03:48:52  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ericlboyd

quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

It was me. The Holy Realm gets about three pages in one of the Elminster's Everwinking Eye series. (It was part of the Turmish series, IIRC.)

--Eric

POLYHEDRON issues for the Turmish series:- #96, 98, 101, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107 and 108.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage

Edited by - The Sage on 31 Dec 2005 03:50:45
Go to Top of Page

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2965 Posts

Posted - 06 Jan 2006 :  05:37:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Reading through CoV, I just have one question: Why weren't there examples given for the regional backgrounds with more variable regions they can apply to? Just one example would go a long way, IMO(like Cormyr for Knight Squire).
Go to Top of Page

seankreynolds

USA
91 Posts

Posted - 01 Feb 2006 :  21:01:49  Show Profile  Visit seankreynolds's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Sorry, last two times I tried to reply I got a forum error.

Three reasons I can think of off the top of my head.

1. We didn't think of it.
2. If we did think of it, we thought the entries were pretty self-evident ("Hmm, I'm running a game in Cormyr, this Knight's Squire region makes sense....")
3. If we did think of it, that's one more little thing that eats up space in the book -- either as an inline part of the descriptive paragraph, or broken out on its own with a boldface header. Coupled with #2, we didn't want to squeeze anything out.

But I think it's mainly #1 and #2.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 12 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000