Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 The Sunglade
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Mendicant
Acolyte

USA
12 Posts

Posted - 19 Mar 2005 :  04:26:45  Show Profile  Visit Mendicant's Homepage Send Mendicant a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I am working on a complete writeup for the Sunglade. Does anyone have any material or ideas?

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 19 Mar 2005 :  04:33:36  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mendicant

I am working on a complete writeup for the Sunglade. Does anyone have any material or ideas?

Where is the Sunglade located in the Realms? For some reason it rings a bell with Aglarond, but I'm not certain.
Go to Top of Page

Mendicant
Acolyte

USA
12 Posts

Posted - 19 Mar 2005 :  04:39:27  Show Profile  Visit Mendicant's Homepage Send Mendicant a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hey SiriusBlack,

quote:
Where is the Sunglade located in the Realms? For some reason it rings a bell with Aglarond, but I'm not certain.

You are correct buddy. It is located within the Yuirwood, which in turn lies within Aglarond.
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 19 Mar 2005 :  05:05:03  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Mendicant, might I suggest that you continue this discussion in your Sunglade scroll in the Sages of Realmslore section.

You're likely to gain more attention in that part of the library.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage

Edited by - The Sage on 19 Mar 2005 05:06:27
Go to Top of Page

DDH_101
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1272 Posts

Posted - 19 Mar 2005 :  05:51:36  Show Profile  Visit DDH_101's Homepage Send DDH_101 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Here is what I found on the Sunglade in the Unapproachable East sourcebook:

The Sunglade is a clearing in the center of the Yuirwood. It resembles any meadow, except for the two concentric circles of mehirs standing here. Long ago ensorceled, the area is impervious to the ravages of time: Its grasses are well tended and the rocks are free from vines or moss, despite being undisturbed for untold centuries.

The outer circle of menhirs is the tallest of the two, the rocks standing nearly 20 feet high. They are carved with ancient Espruar runes dedicating each stone to one member of the Seldarine, the elven pantheon. The stones of the inner circle are a mere 6 feet tall. These are carved in the same style as the others but are dedicated to the forgotten pantheon of the folk who lived in the Yuirwood even before the star elves.

Most menhir circle portals in the Yuirwood only transport someone to the nearest such portal, but the Sunglade's portal is special. Those who use it can transport directly to any of the Yuirwood's portals.

"Trust in the shadows, for the bright way makes you an easy target." -Mask
Go to Top of Page

ericlboyd
Forgotten Realms Designer

USA
2066 Posts

Posted - 19 Mar 2005 :  08:04:18  Show Profile  Visit ericlboyd's Homepage Send ericlboyd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There's more info in "The Simbul's Gift" if I recall correctly.

--Eric

--
http://www.ericlboyd.com/dnd/
Go to Top of Page

Mendicant
Acolyte

USA
12 Posts

Posted - 20 Mar 2005 :  06:33:26  Show Profile  Visit Mendicant's Homepage Send Mendicant a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Good to hear from all of you. I have also posted in the sages forum, but I also posted here in case anyone had "homebrew" material or ideas.

Great to hear from you Mr. Boyd. Will check out the book.
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 21 Mar 2005 :  17:45:44  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
To answer a question you asked me over IM's. Check out Warriors and Priests of the Realms. It has 2 pages on Groves. :)

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium
Go to Top of Page

Mendicant
Acolyte

USA
12 Posts

Posted - 22 Mar 2005 :  02:07:12  Show Profile  Visit Mendicant's Homepage Send Mendicant a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks Kuje! Will check it out!

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000