Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Political Cartoons in Cormyr - Requesting Help
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

MojoGM
Acolyte

USA
13 Posts

Posted - 23 Apr 2005 :  02:38:35  Show Profile  Visit MojoGM's Homepage Send MojoGM a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Hey all,

I had sort of an interesting idea for my Cormyr game...

Someone is going to start distributing a "broadsheet" in Suzail, about once a month, with news and gossip. They'll do it secretly, printing the sheets on a primitive printing press with the sheets showing up in the markets and streets and quickly being spread around.

Included on this broadsheet I was thinking about including a cartoon of sorts, poking fun at the government. Like the cartoons seen on editorial pages of most newspapers. I had one idea:

Something showing a War Wizard with control over the Royal family, maybe on leashes or something, with a young Azoun V in a playpen/cage.

So, my question is twofold:

Any other ideas out there for humorous cartoons poking fun at the rulers of Cormyr?

Also, any artist out there who would want to take a crack at drawing it? I know a couple of people who might be able to do it, but none of them are familiar with FR or Cormyr (so it will be challenging to explain to them what I'm looking for).

Just a thought. I hope someone with greater drawing skills than I can step up to the challenge (even my stick figures look horrible)

We Must Believe in Free Will, We Have No Choice

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 23 Apr 2005 :  03:32:48  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MojoGM
Any other ideas out there for humorous cartoons poking fun at the rulers of Cormyr?

Given Alusair's temperment and appetite for life, I'm sure there are quite a number of cartoons that could depict commentary on the Steel Regent.
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 23 Apr 2005 :  07:25:39  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SiriusBlack

quote:
Originally posted by MojoGM

Given Alusair's temperment and appetite for life, I'm sure there are quite a number of cartoons that could depict commentary on the Steel Regent.

I'd have to agree with SB here. Her power and position are going to attract significant attention from all quarters.

Additionally, the War Wizards would be convenient targets for political satire. The common image of bumbling old mages who spend their days with their noses in dusty tomes is, while not entirely accurate, an image that gets bumbled around quite a bit. In the Forest Kingdom, we'd likely see something similar, reflecting the commoner attitude toward the War Wizards who, for the most part, may seem distant from the everyday affairs of the realm.

This would also be an intriguing question to ask over in the Ed of the Greenwood scroll, perhaps as a follow-up to his exciting Broadcryers of Waterdeep articles in the Realmslore column on the WotC site.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36782 Posts

Posted - 23 Apr 2005 :  17:50:47  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Elfsong featured a political cartoon from Cormyr. It was desribed fairly early in the book, when Danilo is meeting Morala the Mirthful.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000