Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Unearthed Arcana Mana Points
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Griselame
Acolyte

France
18 Posts

Posted - 10 May 2005 :  10:22:56  Show Profile  Visit Griselame's Homepage Send Griselame a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Do somebody use the mana points in "U.A" ? I found it very funny , very PC-game like and I'm thinking about using it . Can somebody tell me if it's cool and if the players like it? I have newbies at my game table and i think it could remind 'em a lot about their fav' roleplaying games on PC or Playstation...

Fletcher
Learned Scribe

USA
299 Posts

Posted - 10 May 2005 :  21:50:21  Show Profile  Visit Fletcher's Homepage Send Fletcher a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Griselame

Do somebody use the mana points in "U.A" ? I found it very funny , very PC-game like and I'm thinking about using it . Can somebody tell me if it's cool and if the players like it? I have newbies at my game table and i think it could remind 'em a lot about their fav' roleplaying games on PC or Playstation...

I haven't played with the UA mana point system, but I have played and enjoyed several mana variants.
A word of caution about newbies...be very careful how many spells you give them. If you go for the mana system, it could take a week for them to make a decision. Particularly if they have to keep looking up the particulars of every spell they want to cast.
You know your players, and if you think they can handle it..I say go for it. I love mana systems. (Though for the last 5 years we've playing straight memorization in my campaign.)

Run faster! The Kobolds are catching up!
Go to Top of Page

webmanus
Learned Scribe

Sweden
338 Posts

Posted - 13 May 2005 :  19:51:57  Show Profile  Visit webmanus's Homepage Send webmanus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
We used some mana potions from D&D Diablo II: Diablerie. And, we liked them, but, I think it was a long time since those potions reappeared. I cannot call myself or the players for newbies ...

Is Unearthed Arcana to recommend?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000