Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 If you could be.......
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Dark_Lord
Seeker

63 Posts

Posted - 14 Jan 2003 :  19:44:10  Show Profile Send Dark_Lord a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
If you could be, which FR god would you be? Question is somewhat simple, but I would like coplicated answer.....
....I think that my choice is obvious.....

Ao shall fall, 'Hand of Strife' will rule!!

zemd
Master of Realmslore

France
1103 Posts

Posted - 14 Jan 2003 :  20:21:41  Show Profile Send zemd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I first thought of Ao. But we don't know a lot about him (only that he is very powerful)
I'd like to be tymora. I don't like to take life seriously and i rely a lot on luck in my day to day life
Go to Top of Page

Ranaghar Tsaran
Learned Scribe

Poland
133 Posts

Posted - 14 Jan 2003 :  20:53:27  Show Profile  Visit Ranaghar Tsaran's Homepage Send Ranaghar Tsaran a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think that Milil or Silvanus is the best choice for me... I love music and nature, so I don't know who would be be better...

"Do not be afraid of greatness. Some achieve greatness, some are born great, and some have greatness thrust upon them..."
Go to Top of Page

Kitira Gildragon
Learned Scribe

USA
191 Posts

Posted - 15 Jan 2003 :  12:59:20  Show Profile  Visit Kitira Gildragon's Homepage Send Kitira Gildragon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've said it once and I'll say it again- CYRIC!
My character Kitira is a goody twoshoes, so being evil and twisted would be nice =)

-Space for rent-
Go to Top of Page

AraznBlair
Learned Scribe

USA
114 Posts

Posted - 15 Jan 2003 :  15:23:59  Show Profile  Visit AraznBlair's Homepage Send AraznBlair a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Mystra. I would rather be in her shoes. She has the power to stip magic from any being on Toril including the Gods. The only being more powerful than her is Ao but I'm begining to question that. Especially after reading the "Crucable" and the "Prince of Lies".

Arazn Blair
Fightermage Extrodinare
Go to Top of Page

Artalis
Senior Scribe

USA
444 Posts

Posted - 15 Jan 2003 :  16:32:49  Show Profile Send Artalis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Correllon Larethian father of the Elves is my pick. He watches over his children with care, is a great warrior even among the gods, and still remains humble despite his divinity.

I think he is by far the most compatible with my personality too.

Artalis

Email

Go to Top of Page

Lord Rad
Great Reader

United Kingdom
2080 Posts

Posted - 15 Jan 2003 :  17:36:23  Show Profile  Visit Lord Rad's Homepage Send Lord Rad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Mielikki, without a doubt! I love the image of Mielikki (yeah i know, shes female!) but ive always loved nature and the forests as well as my favorite class being a ranger, no matter what race.

I also like unicorns as a mythical creature, so Mielikkis holy symbol fits the bill quite nicely

Lord Rad

"What? No, I wasn't reading your module. I was just looking at the pictures"
Go to Top of Page

Echon
Senior Scribe

Denmark
422 Posts

Posted - 15 Jan 2003 :  18:45:51  Show Profile  Visit Echon's Homepage Send Echon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Shar.

Or Cyric. Probably Shar.

-Echon

"If others had not been foolish, we should be so."

-William Blake

Edited by - Echon on 15 Jan 2003 19:22:18
Go to Top of Page

Ranaghar Tsaran
Learned Scribe

Poland
133 Posts

Posted - 15 Jan 2003 :  19:11:03  Show Profile  Visit Ranaghar Tsaran's Homepage Send Ranaghar Tsaran a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rad

Mielikki, without a doubt! I love the image of Mielikki (yeah i know, shes female!) but ive always loved nature and the forests as well as my favorite class being a ranger, no matter what race.

I also like unicorns as a mythical creature, so Mielikkis holy symbol fits the bill quite nicely

Rad, what about Ehlonna? She's the goddess of nature, isn't she? And she has a unicorn in her holy symbol...

By the way...Mielikki is great!! I like her very much...If I could be Silvanus, she would be my daughter

"Do not be afraid of greatness. Some achieve greatness, some are born great, and some have greatness thrust upon them..."
Go to Top of Page

zemd
Master of Realmslore

France
1103 Posts

Posted - 15 Jan 2003 :  19:25:41  Show Profile Send zemd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
And if i could be a hero of the FR, i'd be Elminster... cause he slept with Mystra

(Ok, it's out of topic, but i wanted to tell the silly joke!)
Go to Top of Page

Mumadar Ibn Huzal
Master of Realmslore

1338 Posts

Posted - 15 Jan 2003 :  19:30:35  Show Profile Send Mumadar Ibn Huzal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Baravar Cloakshadow or Brandobaris.

Good natured rogues who can get away with almost anything. Thieves and scoundrels without being the stereotypical Maskaran bad guy.
Always underestimated by the Big Folk.
Go to Top of Page

Echon
Senior Scribe

Denmark
422 Posts

Posted - 15 Jan 2003 :  19:33:20  Show Profile  Visit Echon's Homepage Send Echon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by zemd

And if i could be a hero of the FR, i'd be Elminster... cause he slept with Mystra

(Ok, it's out of topic, but i wanted to tell the silly joke!)

Well, at least Kelemvor did on several occasions and he stuck with her so he must have enjoyed it and he became a god after the Time of Troubles.

Is he the God of the Dead in both 2nd Ed and 3rd Ed?

-Echon

-William Blake
Go to Top of Page

Dark_Lord
Seeker

63 Posts

Posted - 15 Jan 2003 :  19:37:35  Show Profile Send Dark_Lord a Private Message  Reply with Quote
BAH! WEAKLING FOOLS! The only true power in the realms is Black Lord BANE! Mystra, Helm, Torm, Tyr, Talos, Tempus, Silvanus..... They will all bow to the lord's will, or suffer utter destruction and humiliation!

Edited by - Dark_Lord on 15 Jan 2003 19:41:57
Go to Top of Page

Dark_Lord
Seeker

63 Posts

Posted - 15 Jan 2003 :  19:40:16  Show Profile Send Dark_Lord a Private Message  Reply with Quote
DARK GODS WILL RULE!!!!!!!

Edited by - Dark_Lord on 15 Jan 2003 19:41:00
Go to Top of Page

Echon
Senior Scribe

Denmark
422 Posts

Posted - 15 Jan 2003 :  19:41:26  Show Profile  Visit Echon's Homepage Send Echon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dark_Lord

BAH! WEAKLINGS! The only true power in the realms is Black Lord BANE!
Mystra, Helm, Torm, Tyr, Talos, Tempus, Silvanus..... They will all bow to the lord's will, or suffer utter destruction and humiliation!

I am not sure how to put this but...uhm...he is dead. Sorry.

-Echon

-William Blake
Go to Top of Page

Dark_Lord
Seeker

63 Posts

Posted - 15 Jan 2003 :  19:44:24  Show Profile Send Dark_Lord a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Echon

quote:

BAH! WEAKLINGS! The only true power in the realms is Black Lord BANE!
Mystra, Helm, Torm, Tyr, Talos, Tempus, Silvanus..... They will all bow to the lord's will, or suffer utter destruction and humiliation!

-Echon

HA HA! Lord Bane is back!
Go to Top of Page

Echon
Senior Scribe

Denmark
422 Posts

Posted - 15 Jan 2003 :  19:44:38  Show Profile  Visit Echon's Homepage Send Echon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

DARK GODS WILL RULE!!!!!!!

I understand why you wrote will...cannot rule when you are dead.

-Echon

-William Blake
Go to Top of Page

Mumadar Ibn Huzal
Master of Realmslore

1338 Posts

Posted - 15 Jan 2003 :  19:47:54  Show Profile Send Mumadar Ibn Huzal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
LOL... what has been done once, can often be repeated.
One never knows, and Bane has made the claims reitterated by our Dark_Lord scribe in an earlier life as well...
Go to Top of Page

zemd
Master of Realmslore

France
1103 Posts

Posted - 15 Jan 2003 :  19:55:55  Show Profile Send zemd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes but Elminster slept with Mystra while sha was a goddess while Kelemvor did it when she was the human Midnight
Go to Top of Page

Drummer Boy
Senior Scribe

USA
395 Posts

Posted - 16 Jan 2003 :  05:09:58  Show Profile  Visit Drummer Boy's Homepage Send Drummer Boy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rad

I agree with Rad. It would be nice to be Mielikki.
Go to Top of Page

Dark_Lord
Seeker

63 Posts

Posted - 16 Jan 2003 :  10:13:40  Show Profile Send Dark_Lord a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Take a look at the sky, fools. IT is black lord's returning! IT is damnation of you all! IT is the fall of AO himself......
Go to Top of Page

zemd
Master of Realmslore

France
1103 Posts

Posted - 16 Jan 2003 :  18:31:09  Show Profile Send zemd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ok Dark Lord, no need fill this Topic with quasi identical posts, we understood what you meant.
And could you explain you're choice? Everyone did except you
Go to Top of Page

Ranaghar Tsaran
Learned Scribe

Poland
133 Posts

Posted - 16 Jan 2003 :  18:43:01  Show Profile  Visit Ranaghar Tsaran's Homepage Send Ranaghar Tsaran a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Bane, Bane, Bane...blah, blah, balh...I don't like Him...

Ao shall win, certainly...

Go to Top of Page

Dark_Lord
Seeker

63 Posts

Posted - 16 Jan 2003 :  21:10:48  Show Profile Send Dark_Lord a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Why Bane, eh? First I thought that was just obvious…But now I can see that you are all in doubt.
You could just, simply say I’m that kind of a man, but more seriously I think that Bane is the only god with true personality (with all due respect to Myrkul and Ilmater). His portfolio of strife is probably the best one in the game, for me at least and after all he is the leader of Dark Gods, supreme authority. Of course, he made some terrible, foolish mistakes but that was only because he was, how to put it…..tricked or fooled. At the end, I favor Lawful Evil alignment, especially among wizards and their kin.

I am a dark person. I play necromancers and evil priests almost all the time and I’m always in conflict with a group paladin. I enjoy roleplaying undead too, I think that they are supreme to all, by all standards and my second choice would be Vecna. I hate chaotic, too much emotional, unorganized real life.

Edited by - Dark_Lord on 16 Jan 2003 21:11:40
Go to Top of Page

zemd
Master of Realmslore

France
1103 Posts

Posted - 16 Jan 2003 :  21:40:41  Show Profile Send zemd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
ok, that's what i call an answer. But you'd better be careful to not tell that to everyone around you. (or just don't you role play!)
Go to Top of Page

enchantedgoblin
Acolyte

USA
19 Posts

Posted - 19 Jan 2003 :  05:15:24  Show Profile  Visit enchantedgoblin's Homepage Send enchantedgoblin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Brandobaris: - Stealth, Thievery, Adventuring.

It is a Halfling god
Go to Top of Page

Dark_Lord
Seeker

63 Posts

Posted - 21 Jan 2003 :  11:48:45  Show Profile Send Dark_Lord a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Echon

-Echon

quote:
Review of 3rd ed. FR Campaing Setting

Before delving into my review of this beast of a book (meaning H-U-G-E), I'd like to take a moment to heartily thank everyone at WotC who was involved with bringing back the dark god, Bane. I've been playing Forgotten Realms since 1st Edition Advanced Dungeons & Dragons, and when the coming of 2nd Edition killed off Bane, I was very upset. The ultimate nemesis was gone and replaced with a poor imitation. When I read that Bane had returned, I almost jumped up and danced. So thank you very much, I am greatly pleased.

You should get it.

Go to Top of Page

Echon
Senior Scribe

Denmark
422 Posts

Posted - 21 Jan 2003 :  13:45:18  Show Profile  Visit Echon's Homepage Send Echon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
You should get it.

I only do 2nd Edition.

-Echon

-William Blake
Go to Top of Page

Feanor_Karnil
Learned Scribe

USA
132 Posts

Posted - 21 Jan 2003 :  19:07:09  Show Profile  Visit Feanor_Karnil's Homepage Send Feanor_Karnil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I would like to put in that Bane was resurrected. Anyway I would be Torm because he is an awesome god and has a cool dragon for a mount.

We live in a bleak world my friend, where heroes are few and shadows stalk us around every corner.
-Mikai Daerni
Go to Top of Page

Dark_Lord
Seeker

63 Posts

Posted - 21 Jan 2003 :  20:15:50  Show Profile Send Dark_Lord a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Feanor_Karnil

I would like to put in that Bane was resurrected. Anyway I would be Torm because he is an awesome god and has a cool dragon for a mount.

*cough* Tyr's bootlicker! *cough*
Go to Top of Page

Sadonayerah Odrydin
Learned Scribe

USA
210 Posts

Posted - 22 Jan 2003 :  01:35:27  Show Profile  Visit Sadonayerah Odrydin's Homepage Send Sadonayerah Odrydin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ranaghar Tsaran

quote:
Originally posted by Rad

By the way...Mielikki is great!! I like her very much...

Yeah, Mielikki is the best (IMO). If I could be any one of the gods (or goddesses), I would probably pick her. Rangers and nature are my thing. But of course, Silvanus is quite cool as well. So I guess either of them would work for me. (in case you hadn't noticed, I'm a big elf fan. Lol. ^_^ )

"What's that," asked Mogget.
"Sardines," said Sam. "I knew they were standard rations, so I got a few tins for you."
"What are sardines?" Moggest asked suspiciously. "And why is there a key? Is this some sort of Abhorsen joke?"
Abhorsen by Garth Nix

"What you made a vampire...Pomeranian?!" --Hannibal King from Blade Trinity

~Sadie
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000