Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 If you could be.......
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Deneir
Acolyte

USA
11 Posts

Posted - 22 Jan 2003 :  03:06:33  Show Profile  Visit Deneir's Homepage Send Deneir a Private Message  Reply with Quote
i would choose of course Deneir
I think that Cadderly was one of the best Salvator creations
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 22 Jan 2003 :  05:35:52  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Is there a category for deity-of-all-trades? I mean, Mieikki would be good. (Though the gender bit might be a handicap . . . or would it? After all, I could change that bit easily, right?) God of Magic would be nice, just because of the idea of that job. Erevan Ilesere and Eilistraee both kind of fit my personality . . . .

I could go on and on. The Forgotten Realms has too big a pantheon, if you ask me, and most of them have a piece of someone in them. However, if I had to choose one slot, I'd pick Oghma. Knowledge, invention, inspiration . . . you get to be both the top librarian (and read ALL the books, without having to worry about overdues) AND be the top teacher.

To those of you who prefer brute-force powers, I say to you, knowledge IS power. No information is useless, and by controlling the flow of information, you control the world.

Though I admit I'd change the name. "Oghma" sounds too much like a bad actor playing a caveman . . .

Yeah, Bookwyrm the Wize, Guardian of Knowledge. Sounds good.

-----------------------------

PS: To those who prefer the all-powerful aproach (can you imagine being able to do ANYthing? Boring!) and want to be Ao, look at Dark Lord's first post. He says "which FR god." Ao isn't a Toril god. He's the custodian of all of the Dungeons & Dragons worlds. That means he's off-limits in this thread.

So there.

Hell hath no fury like all of Candlekeep rising in defense of one of its own.

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page

Ranaghar Tsaran
Learned Scribe

Poland
133 Posts

Posted - 22 Jan 2003 :  11:28:39  Show Profile  Visit Ranaghar Tsaran's Homepage Send Ranaghar Tsaran a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sadonayerah Odrydin

Yeah, Mielikki is the best (IMO). If I could be any one of the gods (or goddesses), I would probably pick her. Rangers and nature are my thing. But of course, Silvanus is quite cool as well. So I guess either of them would work for me. (in case you hadn't noticed, I'm a big elf fan. Lol. ^_^ )

I see we can become friends, Sadonayerah...good to see a friendly face

"Do not be afraid of greatness. Some achieve greatness, some are born great, and some have greatness thrust upon them..."
Go to Top of Page

Alexis Merlin
Learned Scribe

USA
115 Posts

Posted - 22 Jan 2003 :  19:04:59  Show Profile  Visit Alexis Merlin's Homepage Send Alexis Merlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I agree with Bookwyrm on this - Oghma has always been a firm favourite of mine.

It is knowledge that influences and equalizes the social condition of man; that gives to all, however different their political position, passions which are in common, and enjoyments which are universal.
(Benjamin Disraeli)
Go to Top of Page

The Great Drizzt
Learned Scribe

USA
280 Posts

Posted - 23 Jan 2003 :  08:22:27  Show Profile  Visit The Great Drizzt's Homepage Send The Great Drizzt a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh come on now, were all forgetting about the most famous of all the gods.....Lloth/Lolth, she kicks ass, I would definately have to say I'd be her, she gets to F$%* with people all day, nothing but chaos!!!

If not, I'd kinda like to be Vhearun(spelling) even though I hate thieves worse than any class, but hey, he's cool!

The Great Drizzt

"Don't poke Drizzt, 'tis highly unsociable!" Drizzt Do'Urden -BG1
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 23 Jan 2003 :  09:34:06  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well Met

Please try to phrase your posts a little differently, Great Drizzt
There are younger people on these forums who may be confused or offended.

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep

Edited by - Alaundo on 23 Jan 2003 12:44:45
Go to Top of Page

Dark_Lord
Seeker

63 Posts

Posted - 23 Jan 2003 :  12:40:20  Show Profile Send Dark_Lord a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alaundo

Well Met

There are younger people on these forums who make be confused or offended.

Go to Top of Page

Kitira Gildragon
Learned Scribe

USA
191 Posts

Posted - 23 Jan 2003 :  12:46:38  Show Profile  Visit Kitira Gildragon's Homepage Send Kitira Gildragon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Feanor_Karnil

I would like to put in that Bane was resurrected. Anyway I would be Torm because he is an awesome god and has a cool dragon for a mount.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*cough* Tyr's bootlicker! *cough*

Dark_Lord, I think that since we've respected your decision to like Bane, you could at least show the same courtesy to the rest of us here without the name calling.

-Space for rent-
Go to Top of Page

Mumadar Ibn Huzal
Master of Realmslore

1338 Posts

Posted - 23 Jan 2003 :  17:33:33  Show Profile Send Mumadar Ibn Huzal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alaundo

Well Met

There are younger people on these forums who may be confused or offended.

And the old geezers wouldn't? ... or would that be considered a sign of old age?
Go to Top of Page

lowtech
Learned Scribe

USA
315 Posts

Posted - 25 Jan 2003 :  16:26:46  Show Profile  Visit lowtech's Homepage Send lowtech a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oghma. I'm addicted to information.
Go to Top of Page

jason12345
Acolyte

Afghanistan
19 Posts

Posted - 26 Jan 2003 :  20:49:22  Show Profile  Visit jason12345's Homepage Send jason12345 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by drummerboy465

I agree with Rad. It would be nice to be Mielikki.

Ha Ha! You want to be a girl! FOOOOOOOL!!!!! I agree with Dark_Lord when I say DARK GODS WILL RULE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
P.S. Ha Ha! You want to be a girl!

"Beans are neither fruit nor musical"

-Bart Simpson
Go to Top of Page

zemd
Master of Realmslore

France
1103 Posts

Posted - 27 Jan 2003 :  17:31:56  Show Profile Send zemd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jason12345

quote:
Originally posted by drummerboy465

I agree with Rad. It would be nice to be Mielikki.

Ha Ha! You want to be a girl! FOOOOOOOL!!!!! I agree with Dark_Lord when I say DARK GODS WILL RULE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
P.S. Ha Ha! You want to be a girl!

Do i really need do tell what i think of this?!
Not only you just yell your reply, but you don't even explain your choice. And finally, you never played female characters and never will just because you are a male? To put it in a nutshell you play characters that looks like you (Intellingence: 5 no?), what the point of role playing then?
Go to Top of Page

Dark_Lord
Seeker

63 Posts

Posted - 27 Jan 2003 :  17:51:11  Show Profile Send Dark_Lord a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You would be surprised, zemd, to see how many intelligent, evil people there are on this world. Good people, on the other hand, are “subordinate” and small minded. Not to intelligent to do something important. THEY ARE ONLY CREATED TO BE TORTURED AND HUMILIATED BUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA…
…I overdid it, I know.
Go to Top of Page

zemd
Master of Realmslore

France
1103 Posts

Posted - 27 Jan 2003 :  17:56:34  Show Profile Send zemd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I didn't say that evel people were stupid, i said that what i read proved me that some actually are stupid
Go to Top of Page

Dark_Lord
Seeker

63 Posts

Posted - 27 Jan 2003 :  18:02:25  Show Profile Send Dark_Lord a Private Message  Reply with Quote
And who would be that, on this boards?
Go to Top of Page

zemd
Master of Realmslore

France
1103 Posts

Posted - 27 Jan 2003 :  18:06:02  Show Profile Send zemd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm not here to judge anyone. It's a FR related forum, and we are going away from this original idea.
Write me an email, we'll be able to continue this discussion
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 28 Jan 2003 :  03:17:36  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Jeez! I'd say "catfight" but that would probably be offensive to Zemd. And as for Dark Lord . . . if the dark shall always rule, why doesn't it? Hmm? Why did, for instance, the Nazis fall?

Quad erat demonstrandum.

Now, Zemd is right. As strong as the temptation may be, let's stay on-FR.

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page

Dark_Lord
Seeker

63 Posts

Posted - 28 Jan 2003 :  09:13:22  Show Profile Send Dark_Lord a Private Message  Reply with Quote
And this is FR related... Because Hitler was an idiot. Madman. I don't support him, and I never will! He was not on the dark side he was only a man with serious mental problem. I pity him and disgust him at the same time…
Send me an E-Mail and we shall discuss it.
Go to Top of Page

AraznBlair
Learned Scribe

USA
114 Posts

Posted - 28 Jan 2003 :  19:11:27  Show Profile  Visit AraznBlair's Homepage Send AraznBlair a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Again I say that Mystra is who I would be. At a thought She stripped magical power from Cyric by cutting him off to the Weave and so tells me that she could do that to all gods except maybe Ao. Thats why I would be Her. She controls the magic to everyone and the gods.

Arazn Blair
Fightermage Extrodinare
Go to Top of Page

Arion Elenim
Senior Scribe

933 Posts

Posted - 28 Jan 2003 :  19:13:04  Show Profile  Visit Arion Elenim's Homepage Send Arion Elenim a Private Message  Reply with Quote
(runs into the forum, hacking and slashing his way through the thick bramble of egos that have accrued here...)

Wow, folks......a bit touchy these days, are we not?

Eh...I always fashioned myself like Larethian or perhaps Oghma. Creativity, violent opposition to ignorance, beauty. Sigh....I think I'll go read some John Keats now....

My latest Realms-based short story, about a bard, a paladin of Lathander and the letter of the law, Debts Repaid. It takes place before the "shattering" and gives the bard Arion a last gasp before he plunges into the present.http://candlekeep.com/campaign/logs/log-debts.htm
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 28 Jan 2003 :  19:42:52  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I hope that wasn't me you were slashing at there, ArionElenim. Good choice, by the way. I picked Oghma myself.

And Dark Lord, Hitler is NOT FR-related. I only mentioned him to prove a point. I don't want to talk about it on email. Now, if you don't mind, let's give some other posters a chance to speak, hmm?

Go to Top of Page

Dark_Lord
Seeker

63 Posts

Posted - 28 Jan 2003 :  20:04:37  Show Profile Send Dark_Lord a Private Message  Reply with Quote
As always you goody goodies run from a good discussion. So be it then.
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 28 Jan 2003 :  20:27:58  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Nah, we just tune out inane babble.

Go to Top of Page

Sadonayerah Odrydin
Learned Scribe

USA
210 Posts

Posted - 29 Jan 2003 :  05:44:14  Show Profile  Visit Sadonayerah Odrydin's Homepage Send Sadonayerah Odrydin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Speaking of gods and goddesses, does anyone know all of the elven ones or maybe where I can find them? I know Silvanus, Lloth (or Lolth), Mielikki...and I don't know if this is one but Rillifane. his name is mentioned in Baldur's Gate 2: Shadows of Amn.

If someone could point me in the right direction, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks!

"What's that," asked Mogget.
"Sardines," said Sam. "I knew they were standard rations, so I got a few tins for you."
"What are sardines?" Moggest asked suspiciously. "And why is there a key? Is this some sort of Abhorsen joke?"
Abhorsen by Garth Nix

"What you made a vampire...Pomeranian?!" --Hannibal King from Blade Trinity

~Sadie
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 29 Jan 2003 :  06:44:31  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Silly 'ol Sadon. You introduced me to this site and now I have to give you directions?

Sigh. Some people . . .

Alundo's Library, Traveler's Notebooks, Forgotten Realms Netbooks, Unofficial Lore, Pantheon of the Realms. That's your treasure map. Follow it, you'll have your answers. Don't leave the path, though, everywhere else is boobytrapped . . . .

Go to Top of Page

Mumadar Ibn Huzal
Master of Realmslore

1338 Posts

Posted - 29 Jan 2003 :  08:36:18  Show Profile Send Mumadar Ibn Huzal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
And of course in the 3e Faiths and Pantheons accessory. Said book holds most if not all of the deities on (known) Toril.

For 2nd edition the resources are: Faiths & Avatars, Powers & Pantheons and Demihuman Deities.
Go to Top of Page

Kitira Gildragon
Learned Scribe

USA
191 Posts

Posted - 29 Jan 2003 :  12:35:12  Show Profile  Visit Kitira Gildragon's Homepage Send Kitira Gildragon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sadonayerah Odrydin

Speaking of gods and goddesses, does anyone know all of the elven ones or maybe where I can find them? I know Silvanus, Lloth (or Lolth), Mielikki...and I don't know if this is one but Rillifane. his name is mentioned in Baldur's Gate 2: Shadows of Amn.

If someone could point me in the right direction, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks!

Hmmm... maybe I can help. If you'd like, I can e-mail you some information from the 3ed Faiths and Pantheons =) Just give me a reply and I'll get right on it!

As for you Dark Lord:
Subordinate? We of the good fight against the evil inside of ourselves and those outside. We do not act submissive to any evil at all. Evil ones may be mildly intelligent, but they lack the wisdom to see that the good will prevail. The only way good can be tortured and humiliated is through failing to uphold what is right and by not fighting against evil. - Kitira Gildragon

-Space for rent-
Go to Top of Page

Arion Elenim
Senior Scribe

933 Posts

Posted - 29 Jan 2003 :  16:48:03  Show Profile  Visit Arion Elenim's Homepage Send Arion Elenim a Private Message  Reply with Quote
For the absolute BEST information in existence in the Realms concerning the Elven Pantheon, after you check out the 3rd ed Faiths and Pantheons tome, do yourself a favor and look at Elaine Cunningham's Evermeet: Island of Elves...it is (as I have said before) the Elven bible. It gives an EXTREMELY detailed account of the gods, their history, Lloth's downfall, their creation, and so on...but it particular, the look into their personalities is simply stunning...

My latest Realms-based short story, about a bard, a paladin of Lathander and the letter of the law, Debts Repaid. It takes place before the "shattering" and gives the bard Arion a last gasp before he plunges into the present.http://candlekeep.com/campaign/logs/log-debts.htm
Go to Top of Page

Sadonayerah Odrydin
Learned Scribe

USA
210 Posts

Posted - 30 Jan 2003 :  00:48:48  Show Profile  Visit Sadonayerah Odrydin's Homepage Send Sadonayerah Odrydin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks Bookwyrm, ArionElenim, and Mumadar Ibn Huzal. I'll have to check those out.

Kitira Gildragon: Sure! That'd be great! Thanks!

"What's that," asked Mogget.
"Sardines," said Sam. "I knew they were standard rations, so I got a few tins for you."
"What are sardines?" Moggest asked suspiciously. "And why is there a key? Is this some sort of Abhorsen joke?"
Abhorsen by Garth Nix

"What you made a vampire...Pomeranian?!" --Hannibal King from Blade Trinity

~Sadie
Go to Top of Page

Targon Moonrise
Learned Scribe

163 Posts

Posted - 08 Mar 2003 :  22:28:43  Show Profile  Visit Targon Moonrise's Homepage Send Targon Moonrise a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I would want to be Helm, God of Guardians. In real life, I am a person that would give his life for his friends if it was needed. I can't stand when a friend is hurting but most of life's problems can't be stopped by me so I suffer with them.

May Melkor smile upon every spell you cast.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000