Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 The Brightblades and the Morns
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

webmanus
Learned Scribe

Sweden
338 Posts

Posted - 10 Aug 2005 :  18:08:23  Show Profile  Visit webmanus's Homepage Send webmanus a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I have created this post to list events regarding the relation between the Brightblades and the Morns.

¤ In the adventure Doom of Daggerdale from 1993, if set to 1366 DR, it is stated "To this day, the Bladebright dwarves will render no aid to descendants of House Morn, incuding their only male heir, Randal Morn.".

¤ I assume that the adventure The Sword of the Dale, from 1995, should be set to 1368 DR.

¤ In the adventure The Return of Randal Morn from 1995, set to 1369 DR, Anathar's Dell is not mentioned at all, and it is not showed in the map.

¤ In the boxed set Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting from 1996, set to 1367 DR, nothing is mentioned about the relation betwen the Brightblade Dwarves and House Morn. Anathar's Dell is not mentioned at all, and it is not showed in any map.

¤ In Volo's Guide to the Dalelands from 1996, set to 1370 DR, Anathar's Dell is mentioned, and it is mentioned that Randal Morn has been trying to end the feud between House Morn and the Brightblade Clan. The dwarves have rich mines under Anathars Dell.

¤ In the novel Finder's Bane from 1997, set to 1368 DR, Randal Morn is in Anathar's Dell, drinking and singing and is served by Kharva, a female dwarf! In the room are 50 people, mostly human, the rest dwarves. One could assume that all dwarves are of the Brightblade Clan ...

¤ In Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting from 2001, set to 1372 DR, it is mentioned that "any favors that can be done for the dwarves make Randal Morn happy ...".

I would state that the relation between the dwarves and Randal Morn is better than when Doom of Daggerdale was written, maybe it is OK 1372 DR, but not perfect ... However, R.M. would like to have a VERY GOOD relation ...

Link to my homepage: http://user.tninet.se/~bsu242v/

Edited by - webmanus on 10 Aug 2005 18:16:36
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000