Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The Candlekeep Web Site
 Site Content
 The Candlekeep Inn - Opening Soon!
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Candlekeep Webmaster
Webmaster

United Kingdom
131 Posts

Posted - 14 Feb 2003 :  17:13:30  Show Profile  Visit Candlekeep Webmaster's Homepage Send Candlekeep Webmaster a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Hi all

Well the sign is up, the Candlekeep Inn is almost ready for opening. As mentioned in a previous post, this section is to be an In-Character chat area for members of the forum.

There are a few points that need to be made first....

1) Only Members will be able to use and view the forums in the Candlekeep Inn. It will not appear to Guests.

2) Any member can use the Inn, some of you may wish to create a new member name purely for use in this section.

3) New topics are not permitted, only use the topics which have already been created to resemble each room of the inn by replying to the topic as normal.

4) Your post count will NOT increase whilst within the Inn.

5) You can chose your own title to appear under your member name. For example, instead of having "New Scribe" you could have "Berdusk Merchant of Fine Silks", "High Priest of Lathander" etc.

6) There will be appointed moderators in the Inn (see the seperate Welcome post).

At this time, the Inn is CLOSED whilst we await moderator applications. We hope to open the Inn within the next couple of days.

If you have any questions on this, then please feel free to post them to this topic.

Jay
Candlekeep Webmaster

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood

Edited by - Candlekeep Webmaster on 14 Feb 2003 17:16:15

Artalis
Senior Scribe

USA
444 Posts

Posted - 14 Feb 2003 :  17:54:48  Show Profile Send Artalis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Candlekeep Webmaster

<SNIP>

5) You can chose your own title to appear under your member name. For example, instead of having "New Scribe" you could have "Berdusk Merchant of Fine Silks", "High Priest of Lathander" etc.

How do you do that? Nighteyes is no scribe and is certainly no apprentice...

Artalis

Email

Go to Top of Page

Candlekeep Webmaster
Webmaster

United Kingdom
131 Posts

Posted - 14 Feb 2003 :  18:02:33  Show Profile  Visit Candlekeep Webmaster's Homepage Send Candlekeep Webmaster a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Artalis
How do you do that? Nighteyes is no scribe and is certainly no apprentice...

Unfortunately, this can not be amended by each member and your Title has to be submitted via email to myself or one of the Forum moderators, simply state your member name and the title you require in your email and it will be amended as soon as possible.

In addition, we have added a "Bio" field on the member profiles. This is to enable members used for the Candlekeep Inn to enter basic relevant details such as Race and Class. Please dont flood the field with much other information, it is just to give an appearance idea for other members.

Just to further claify, if you create a member purely for the use in the Inn, then you can change the title, if you use your member name which is also used for normal forum use then your title CAN NOT be changed and will remain in the normal ranking titling, your post count will still increase as normal when outside of the Inn. Members created soley for use in the Inn should not attempt to post in other forums.

Jay
Candlekeep Webmaster

Edited by - Candlekeep Webmaster on 14 Feb 2003 18:07:23
Go to Top of Page

Artalis
Senior Scribe

USA
444 Posts

Posted - 14 Feb 2003 :  18:46:22  Show Profile Send Artalis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thank you greatly Oh Wise and Powerful Master of the Web.

*bows deeply*

I....can't....wait

head...exploding...with....ideas...

*boom*

Artalis

Email

Go to Top of Page

Frey
Learned Scribe

130 Posts

Posted - 14 Feb 2003 :  19:29:05  Show Profile  Visit Frey's Homepage Send Frey a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Like a wispering in the wind a -somehow familiar- delicious sweet scent seems to come and go in the the halls of Candlekeep Inn.

Tempting, tempting.

- Imagine ... there's no imagination. -

(remember Frey is just a PC)
Go to Top of Page

Artalis
Senior Scribe

USA
444 Posts

Posted - 14 Feb 2003 :  19:43:18  Show Profile Send Artalis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
**grinning from ear to ear, takes a deep breath of the familiar scent**

"ahhhh, now all is right with the world again"

Artalis

Email

Edited by - Artalis on 14 Feb 2003 19:44:32
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 14 Feb 2003 :  19:53:19  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sounds fun . . . now we can all talk directly to each other. And perhaps quench a thirst at the same time? Now I won't have to worry about Alaundo hitting me with a polymorph for bringing a soda in . . . .

Hell hath no fury like all of Candlekeep rising in defense of one of its own.

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 15 Feb 2003 :  03:21:11  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
-_-; Okay, let's not drink and post, okay?

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page

Lord Rad
Great Reader

United Kingdom
2080 Posts

Posted - 15 Feb 2003 :  09:42:45  Show Profile  Visit Lord Rad's Homepage Send Lord Rad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by zemd
Sorry but ui drank too muvj tdhid evening, i'll read it again doon. I love uy all

I hope youll be able to take your ale a bit better within the Candlekeep Inn, zemd! I hear its quite strong

Lord Rad

"What? No, I wasn't reading your module. I was just looking at the pictures"
Go to Top of Page

zemd
Master of Realmslore

France
1103 Posts

Posted - 15 Feb 2003 :  12:05:58  Show Profile Send zemd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
<Zemd go out from her room... look everyone slowly>
Damn beer!

i didn't even remember that i wrote posts yesterday
But i promise, i won't do that again.

And I can't wait for the inn to be opened! it'll be great!!!
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 15 Feb 2003 :  20:49:35  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
-_-' Zemd, I never took you for the imbibing type . . . . [sigh] Why do people like these mind-bending drinks so much, anyway?

[Walks off to get some fresh orange juice.]

Go to Top of Page

Mumadar Ibn Huzal
Master of Realmslore

1338 Posts

Posted - 17 Feb 2003 :  09:53:56  Show Profile Send Mumadar Ibn Huzal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bookwyrm

[Walks off to get some fresh orange juice.]

Orange Juice?? Screwdriver anyone? Can't wait for the inn to open...
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 17 Feb 2003 :  17:19:14  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
[Snatches his orange juice back from Mumadar]

Mine! Don't you pollute it with alcohol!

Go to Top of Page

Echon
Senior Scribe

Denmark
422 Posts

Posted - 17 Feb 2003 :  17:47:51  Show Profile  Visit Echon's Homepage Send Echon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

[Snatches his orange juice back from Mumadar]

Mine! Don't you pollute it with alcohol!

Not that I am the on to tell but my bet is that Mumadar will not object to you keeping the orange juice if he gets the liquour.

-Echon

"If others had not been foolish, we should be so."

-William Blake
Go to Top of Page

Mumadar Ibn Huzal
Master of Realmslore

1338 Posts

Posted - 17 Feb 2003 :  17:51:02  Show Profile Send Mumadar Ibn Huzal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
ROTFLOL... (well at least carefull enough not to spill the drink)

I had already reacted to Bookwyrm's protectiveness of the Citric Acid here.
But you've hit the nail on the hammer... ehm I mean the hammer on the nail or some such...
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 17 Feb 2003 :  17:52:25  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sure, the vodka's all his. Let him destroy his own brain cells . . . .

Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 17 Feb 2003 :  17:55:23  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mumadar Ibn Huzal

...Bookwyrm's protectiveness of the Citric Acid...

Hey, I've got a cold, I'm running out of OJ, and I can't go out to get more because I've got two and a half feet of snow outside my house, and my street hasn't been plowed yet. Don't mess with me!

Edited by - Bookwyrm on 17 Feb 2003 17:58:28
Go to Top of Page

Artalis
Senior Scribe

USA
444 Posts

Posted - 17 Feb 2003 :  20:14:35  Show Profile Send Artalis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Mumadar Ibn Huzal

...Bookwyrm's protectiveness of the Citric Acid...

Hey, I've got a cold, I'm running out of OJ, and I can't go out to get more because I've got two and a half feet of snow outside my house, and my street hasn't been plowed yet. Don't mess with me!

Be carefull Bookwyrm your location is showing! I too have 2 and a half feet of snow. Now using that information I can track you down, sneak into your house, make off with the last of your OJ and sell it to Mumadar.

Artalis

Email

Go to Top of Page

Ditalidas
Learned Scribe

Netherlands
127 Posts

Posted - 17 Feb 2003 :  20:50:32  Show Profile  Visit Ditalidas's Homepage Send Ditalidas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hmmm... so in this inn, you are talking about, we are only going to drink and get drunk... well that should allow some fine roleplaying

Where do I go for my prayers to Sune? And where do I buy my traveling gear, in case I'm off to wander the world for knowledge that cannot be found within these walls?

----------------------

I've seen that you're planning on creating a lot of rooms. In fact, they are already there, just not used yet. I am a regular on the Gateway to Sigil forums. We have a role playing part there as well. We had about 5 inns. In the beginning that worked allright, but in the end we have had to destroyed inns because they were just not running.

I do not want to discourage you. That is not my intent, for I like the initiative. I just think that maybe you shouldn't go for only rooms... Add a park where lover's can whisper in eachother's ears under the trees. A temple where one discuss one's deity or receive healing after dangerous travels. Or a magic shop where people can talk about spell's and their uses. For example...

It's just an idea and I understand that it's bad timing since you have the forums already standing there. Mabe it will be different in Candlekeep. That is possible too.

I'm looking forward to it never the less!

'All that is' is also 'All that is not' for the one cannot exist without the other.

Sweet Water and Light Laughter

Edited by - Ditalidas on 17 Feb 2003 22:13:51
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 17 Feb 2003 :  22:32:11  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Artalis

Be carefull Bookwyrm your location is showing!

Not really -- true, from such a post, you might think I was in that snowstorm over the mid-Eastern US, but you don't know that. And even if it were true, that's a lot of area.

Even so . . . where did I put Singal's Sigils of Safety? I must cast some wards!

Go to Top of Page

Candlekeep Webmaster
Webmaster

United Kingdom
131 Posts

Posted - 27 Feb 2003 :  20:11:17  Show Profile  Visit Candlekeep Webmaster's Homepage Send Candlekeep Webmaster a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The Candlekeep Inn is now open!!!!

To enter the Inn, click here. You must be a member to view and use the Inn. Please create a new character for entering the Inn if you wish and always post "in-character" when within that section of the fourms.

To create an account, click here. Its free and easy to register.

Jay
Candlekeep Webmaster

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page