Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 CANCON '06
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 06 Dec 2005 :  05:08:37  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
So, who among our Australian scribes is going to this annual gamesfest?

There's rumors on the Canberra Games Society website that they may even host a few D&D games -- Eberron being the front runner (but a number of us are attempting to push for an FR campaign as well).

As it looks now though, I'm probably entering into the WH 40K Main Event and the Star Wars: New Empire game.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage

warlockco
Master of Realmslore

USA
1695 Posts

Posted - 06 Dec 2005 :  07:28:35  Show Profile  Visit warlockco's Homepage Send warlockco a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What Army you fielding?

News of the Weird

D20 System Reference Document
D20 Modern System Reference Document
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 06 Dec 2005 :  12:45:02  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I was hoping to field my new Black Templars force, but there are still some miniatures that I'm waiting for... so that's out.

I'll most likely fall back on my Witch Hunters army -- I'm 5-0 with that force... All victories!

Edited by - The Sage on 06 Dec 2005 12:46:02
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6648 Posts

Posted - 06 Dec 2005 :  22:35:12  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I checked the website out a month or so ago but saw that they weren't doing anything even vaguely Realmsish - because of course, the Realms aren't 'cool', no doubt. So the thought of going didn't cross my mind. Of course, I could always offer my services for a seminar on the Forgotten Realms. The three people who would attend (One wanting to know the stats on Artemis Entreri's sword, the other wanting to find out 'everything' on the Shadow Weave because his 30th level wizard is about to fight Telamont Tanthul, and the last looking to import warforged from Eberron into the Realms) would have a ball.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36782 Posts

Posted - 06 Dec 2005 :  22:53:29  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos

and the last looking to import warforged from Eberron into the Realms

Actually, Sage and I once discussed making a Realms-version of warforged... In exceedingly small quantities, of course, and with a different backstory and point.

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!

Edited by - Wooly Rupert on 06 Dec 2005 22:54:04
Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 06 Dec 2005 :  23:52:43  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:

Actually, Sage and I once discussed making a Realms-version of warforged... In exceedingly small quantities, of course, and with a different backstory and point.

Why not Eberron has nicked the FRs Dracolichs! Just check out the front cover of the Players guide to Eberron!

*mutters Darkly about Andy Colins making Dracolichs generic in the Draconomicon*

“I am the King of Rome, and above grammar”

Emperor Sigismund

"Its good to be the King!"

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 07 Dec 2005 :  00:27:40  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:

I suppose we could still pick up on that idea.

While I do agree with Krash on the "ballness factor" of introducing warforgred into the Realms, I do like the idea that a warforgred-lite has somehow found its way into Faerun. It would be a unique construct, rather than just an individual member of a race as a whole. This would further divorce it from the warforged as they are in Eberron.

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 07 Dec 2005 :  00:30:04  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I checked the website out a month or so ago but saw that they weren't doing anything even vaguely Realmsish - because of course, the Realms aren't 'cool', no doubt.
And I doubt my small group's actual attempts to get anything Realms-related going at the con will be successful -- there's a mass drive toward exploiting Eberron for this event. It appears as though the Realms have just been forgotten .

Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 07 Dec 2005 :  01:02:09  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

quote:

I checked the website out a month or so ago but saw that they weren't doing anything even vaguely Realmsish - because of course, the Realms aren't 'cool', no doubt.
And I doubt my small group's actual attempts to get anything Realms-related going at the con will be successful -- there's a mass drive toward exploiting Eberron for this event. It appears as though the Realms have just been forgotten .

Probably due to the fact Legacy of the Green Regent has finished and Mark of Heros (an Eberron based RPGA campaign) has taken its place

“I am the King of Rome, and above grammar”

Emperor Sigismund

"Its good to be the King!"

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000