Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Novels with a Shadow Dancer character
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

TheGato
Acolyte

USA
25 Posts

Posted - 19 Dec 2005 :  21:27:55  Show Profile  Visit TheGato's Homepage Send TheGato a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Hi, I really enjoy playing a shadow dancer character, and what Id enjoy even more is to ready a story with one it.

Does anyone know of a book with a Shadow Dancer in it in anyway... main character, side character, it doesnt matter...

Thanks!

TylerXKJ
Acolyte

27 Posts

Posted - 19 Dec 2005 :  21:50:49  Show Profile  Visit TylerXKJ's Homepage Send TylerXKJ a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Valas Hune was often described in the War of the Spider Queen series as jumping from shadow to shadow and I think his official build gave him levels in the class too IIRC.
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 19 Dec 2005 :  22:05:24  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ahem. Off the top of my head:

In the Erevis Cale trilogy, by Paul Kemp, there's a character who gains powers that are much like shadowdancing.

Now I'm going to say this NOT out of marketing interests, but because you're interested in shadowdancers: My novella in RoE might be one you'll want to read.

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

'Tis easier to destroy than to create.

Author of a number of Realms novels (GHOSTWALKER, DEPTHS OF MADNESS, and the SHADOWBANE series), contributor to the NEVERWINTER CAMPAIGN GUIDE and SHADOWFELL: GLOOMWROUGHT AND BEYOND, Twitch DM of the Dungeon Scrawlers, currently playing "The Westgate Irregulars"
Go to Top of Page

scererar
Master of Realmslore

USA
1618 Posts

Posted - 20 Dec 2005 :  01:55:14  Show Profile Send scererar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
what about the 2 harper novels 6 crypt of the shadowking and 11 curse of the shadowmage. these were both good reads and also since bards gave been a topic here lately I beleive the main character is bardic, but it has been a great while since I have read these.
Go to Top of Page

TheGato
Acolyte

USA
25 Posts

Posted - 20 Dec 2005 :  15:12:54  Show Profile  Visit TheGato's Homepage Send TheGato a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the suggestions folks!
The Spider Queen series and the Erevis Cale trilogy have both been on my list for a while, just havnt had a chance to ge to them yet...

Especially ever since I read The Crimson Gold, got hooked on Tazi, and read about Erevis in the other Symbian (Symbian's corect right? lol) books. I love her character.

Ill have to check out your suggestions too scererar, I dont know anything about those books, but Im always interested in a new good read! ;)

Id be very intersted in checking you novella in RoE, Erik Scott de Bie. Two questions.. what is RoE and how do get a copy of it? ;)

A little off the main topic I started her but speakin of the Rogue Series, does anyone know if there are going to be anymore for that series?
Go to Top of Page

EdGentry
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
175 Posts

Posted - 20 Dec 2005 :  15:17:51  Show Profile  Visit EdGentry's Homepage Send EdGentry a Private Message  Reply with Quote
RoE is Realms of the Elves, an Anthology that will be out soon.

There will be no more books in the Rogues series. Each of the class series are four books.

http://www.edgentry.com
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 20 Dec 2005 :  16:52:13  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by EdGentry

RoE is Realms of the Elves, an Anthology that will be out soon.

Indeed. Due out February. Realms of the Elves

As for getting a hold of it: Amazon or your local bookstore. ;)

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Author of a number of Realms novels (GHOSTWALKER, DEPTHS OF MADNESS, and the SHADOWBANE series), contributor to the NEVERWINTER CAMPAIGN GUIDE and SHADOWFELL: GLOOMWROUGHT AND BEYOND, Twitch DM of the Dungeon Scrawlers, currently playing "The Westgate Irregulars"
Go to Top of Page

TheGato
Acolyte

USA
25 Posts

Posted - 20 Dec 2005 :  17:23:17  Show Profile  Visit TheGato's Homepage Send TheGato a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sweet! Ill be checkin that out! Bookmarked that to add to my list. Thanks guys!

Pitty theres only 4... I really enjoyed those..
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 20 Dec 2005 :  19:16:30  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
TheGato --

Don't worry. I have it on good faith that there might very well be more. Eventually.

And keep in mind that there will be a second Erevis Cale trilogy as well. One that seems likely to deal with Shade Enclave quite considerably.

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Go to Top of Page

scererar
Master of Realmslore

USA
1618 Posts

Posted - 22 Dec 2005 :  01:38:59  Show Profile Send scererar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TheGato

Ill have to check out your suggestions too scererar, I dont know anything about those books, but Im always interested in a new good read! ;)

You might need to check out ebay or an online book seller, as they may be out of print. worth the search, in my opinion though
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 15 Aug 2006 :  23:04:58  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Gah! Way to revive an ancient scroll, Erik.

The code of silence has rested on this one, so I can reveal that yes, my novel Depths of Madness will have a shadowdancer as well. And why? Because it's the same one who's in my RotE story.

Also, I imagine that Kemp's new trilogy about Cale (the Twilight War) will have some shadowdancing as well.

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Go to Top of Page

Brakkart
Acolyte

United Kingdom
17 Posts

Posted - 16 Aug 2006 :  01:27:03  Show Profile  Visit Brakkart's Homepage Send Brakkart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TylerXKJ

Valas Hune was often described in the War of the Spider Queen series as jumping from shadow to shadow and I think his official build gave him levels in the class too IIRC.

Nope. Valas Hune was statted out in Dragon #312 as a Rogue 10/Ranger 2/Fighter 4. His movement abilities and appearing/disappearing are down to his custom piwafwi, a ring of speed and a brooch that allows him to dimension door.

Read my blog at: http://tauntonian.blogspot.com Here I post ramblings, book reviews, song lyrics and assorted weirdness.

Check out my "Rise of the Snakemen" Forgotten Realms Story Hour. http://www.enworld.org/forums/showthread.php?t=100196

Edited by - Brakkart on 16 Aug 2006 01:39:42
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 16 Aug 2006 :  01:33:48  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Erik Scott de Bie

The code of silence has rested on this one, so I can reveal that yes, my novel Depths of Madness will have a shadowdancer as well. And why? Because it's the same one who's in my RotE story.

Cheers

Oho! I wonder who that is.

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
--Richard Greene (letter to Time)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000