Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 favorite realms of the elves story...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dannyfu
Learned Scribe

USA
108 Posts

Posted - 20 Feb 2006 :  02:19:39  Show Profile  Visit dannyfu's Homepage Send dannyfu a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
as a nice addition to the realms anthologies and accompaniment to the last mythal trilogy, this book was great. my vote i think goes to the erik scott de bie story, "the greater treasure". i cannot wait for the final book in the last mythal trilogy!

Beezy
Learned Scribe

USA
280 Posts

Posted - 20 Feb 2006 :  07:27:23  Show Profile  Visit Beezy's Homepage Send Beezy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You ask a very difficult question here, there were so many great stories within the anthology but if I had to pick a favorite I think I would go with "Traitors" by RLB. It was a great story and tied in with other novels that I was already reading.
Go to Top of Page

dannyfu
Learned Scribe

USA
108 Posts

Posted - 20 Feb 2006 :  08:04:46  Show Profile  Visit dannyfu's Homepage Send dannyfu a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Beezy's right, it really is a tough call. a real good collection of stories by some of the best authors in the realms. i would have liked a story from elaine cunningham though. that would have rounded it out nicely.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36781 Posts

Posted - 20 Feb 2006 :  11:28:01  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dannyfu

Beezy's right, it really is a tough call. a real good collection of stories by some of the best authors in the realms. i would have liked a story from elaine cunningham though. that would have rounded it out nicely.

Such was originally intended, but Elaine had to pull out. If I remember correctly, it was because of health concerns.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 20 Feb 2006 :  14:00:46  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:
Originally posted by dannyfu

Such was originally intended, but Elaine had to pull out. If I remember correctly, it was because of health concerns.

Indeed, it was.

Here's the actual quote, from May '05 -

"Realms of the Elves
A week or so ago, I called the editor and withdrew from this anthology. This was an incredibly difficult thing to do. The story was one I've been wanting to tell for a very long time. I was looking forward to revisiting the elves of the Forgotten Realms and picking up a story thread from Evermeet. But something had to give, and unfortunately, this was it.

Right now I'm focusing on finishing up the EverQuest book, clearing my desk, and resolving health issues. Then I'll focus on developing new work methods."

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

dannyfu
Learned Scribe

USA
108 Posts

Posted - 20 Feb 2006 :  17:16:28  Show Profile  Visit dannyfu's Homepage Send dannyfu a Private Message  Reply with Quote
that is too bad. i'm sorry to hear that. i guess they will just have to make a realms of the elves 2
Go to Top of Page

Kajehase
Great Reader

Sweden
2104 Posts

Posted - 20 Feb 2006 :  17:29:27  Show Profile Send Kajehase a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Either that or a Best of the Realms: Elaine Cunningham-anthology. Oh yes, they are

There is a rumour going around that I have found god. I think is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist.
Terry Pratchett
Go to Top of Page

Beezy
Learned Scribe

USA
280 Posts

Posted - 20 Feb 2006 :  20:30:06  Show Profile  Visit Beezy's Homepage Send Beezy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kajehase

Either that or a Best of the Realms: Elaine Cunningham-anthology. Oh yes, they are

That is something I would pick up immediately as well.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000