Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Software
 Dragon Magazine Archive printing issues
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

vertus
Acolyte

Brazil
18 Posts

Posted - 14 Apr 2006 :  15:04:53  Show Profile Send vertus a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I finally managed to buy the Dragon Magazine Archive CDs, but whenever I try to print something, it pops up a message saying that my printer (an Epson cx3700) is not supported.
Aborting the printing proccess closes the program.

Any clues as to how to fix this problem?
The upgrade page is no more, so if anyone has the upgrade archives to donate or trade I'd really apreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

"Misty morning
Clouds in the sky
Without warning
A wizard walks by"

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2965 Posts

Posted - 14 Apr 2006 :  15:09:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
IIRC, the issues themselves are stored on the disks as PDF files. Open the issue in question in a PDF reader(such as Adobe Acrobat Reader 7) and print them off through there.
Go to Top of Page

martynq
Seeker

United Kingdom
90 Posts

Posted - 14 Apr 2006 :  15:45:35  Show Profile  Visit martynq's Homepage Send martynq a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I agree with Arivia. The main interface for the Archive is pretty bad, IMO, but it's much easier just to open an individual issue in Acrobat Reader and print from there.

Martyn
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 14 Apr 2006 :  16:26:12  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yeah, the files are in pdf format. I always work with them from Reader or Acrobat, myself. I don't even have the Archive software on my work machine, but I do have all the files on my external HD.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

vertus
Acolyte

Brazil
18 Posts

Posted - 14 Apr 2006 :  19:02:18  Show Profile Send vertus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the advice friends.

I found the search engine interesting, but I agree with martynq about the interface. It sucks.
I guess we'll never see a really smooth interface in RPG related computer software...

Can anyone point me to an online resource displaying issues above #250?

"Misty morning
Clouds in the sky
Without warning
A wizard walks by"
Go to Top of Page

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2965 Posts

Posted - 14 Apr 2006 :  19:04:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by vertus

Thanks for the advice friends.

I found the search engine interesting, but I agree with martynq about the interface. It sucks.
I guess we'll never see a really smooth interface in RPG related computer software...

Recent versions of Acrobat Reader(at least 6 and above) have included the ability to perform full-text searches on folders(in Reader 7, look under Search and not Find); you can use this to fully replace the software on the CD, probably.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 14 Apr 2006 :  19:22:02  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by vertus

I don't believe one exists.

Go to Top of Page

vertus
Acolyte

Brazil
18 Posts

Posted - 14 Apr 2006 :  21:52:42  Show Profile Send vertus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks again for the Acrobat tip Arivia. I'll check it out.

I don't know for sure, Wolly, but I remember someone mentioning aditional pdfs indexed for use with the Dragon Magazine Archive back in the days when the software was released. I was under the distinct impression that at least a dozen or so issues were released in a sort of web enhancement.
I've been wrong before, 'though...

"Misty morning
Clouds in the sky
Without warning
A wizard walks by"
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 14 Apr 2006 :  22:44:28  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That may have been the plan, originally... But if there was ever anything else released, other than supplements to the existing package, then I've never heard of it nor seen any references to it.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000