Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The Candlekeep Web Site
 Site Content
 Candlekeep Site Update (24 June 2006)
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 24 Jun 2006 :  10:31:10  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Well met

Ahhh, yet more new scrolls and tomes for thee to feast thine eyes upon. Many thanks to those who have submitted their work for this site update.

1) Updated product information pages for: The Twilight Tomb, Darkvision, Lies of Light, Dragons of Faerūn, Final Gate, Mysteries of the Moonsea and Starless Night.

2) Added product page for War of the Spider Queen Gift Set, part 1 and part 2.

3) An update to the excellent Grand History of the Realms (2.3MB ZIP), by Brian R James.

4) Excellent material by Andrew Hart for his 2nd edition Menzoberranzan Mercenaries campaign, comsisting of a 'drow player handout' and 'player calendar sheets'. Located in the Campaign Logs section.

5) An article on an organization who follow Xvim, called Guardians of the Lost Tyrant, by Jared Rascher, located in the Traveler's Notebooks section.

6) Steve Allen has produced a list of Gems of the Realms, for use in any Forgotten Realms campaign. Located in the Traveler's Notebooks section.

7) The first installment of all Cleric characters from Forgotten Realms sources has been compiled and made available by Scott Kujawa as part of his ongoing NPC's of the Realms collection.

8) An excellent dwarven Prestige Class - High Old Ones, by Ergdusch enters the halls of Candlekeep.

9) Another MP3 from Dustin Nagel, entitled 'Full Metal Battle', added to The Shrine of Milil.

10) Updated the Dungeon Adventures list of Forgotten Realms adventure scenarios. Thanks go to Jesper Haglund for providing this.

11) Jared Rascher has converted encounters and elements of the Tensions Rising and The Coming Storm adventures from Dungeon Magazine issue 136 for use in the Forgotten Realms. Located in the Adventures in Faerūn section.

12) The ninth part of The Journals of Whren Kehrsyn, by WhrenKehrsyn, located in the Campaign Logs section.

13) Also, part nine to twelve of Companions of the Silver Wyrm, by Scott Kujawa, is now available in the Campaign Logs section.

14) An excellent study of some of the Birds of Faerūn, by . Located in the Traveler's Notebooks section.

As always, these items can be viewed directly via links on the Home Page and News page.

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep

EvilKnight
Learned Scribe

USA
162 Posts

Posted - 24 Jun 2006 :  21:47:02  Show Profile  Visit EvilKnight's Homepage Send EvilKnight a Private Message  Reply with Quote
On the High Old Ones download, the pdf is not showing a recognized font. I'm seeing a bunch of boxes where letters should be. First time I've ever seen that with a PDF. Anyone seeing actual readable text? Is there a font that need to be installed on a computer to read it?

EvilKnight
Go to Top of Page

Kajehase
Great Reader

Sweden
2104 Posts

Posted - 24 Jun 2006 :  21:58:06  Show Profile Send Kajehase a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It looks perfectly allright to me.

There is a rumour going around that I have found god. I think is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist.
Terry Pratchett
Go to Top of Page

Mazrim_Taim
Learned Scribe

341 Posts

Posted - 24 Jun 2006 :  22:15:33  Show Profile  Visit Mazrim_Taim's Homepage Send Mazrim_Taim a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Excellent Update. My Hard Drive get's slighter bigger from more Realms content every time there's an update like this.

And if the PCs DO win their ways through all the liches to Larloch, “he” will almost certainly be just another lich (loaded with explosive spells) set up as a decoy, with dozens of hidden liches waiting to pounce on any surviving PCs who ‘celebrate’ after they take Larloch down. As the REAL Larloch watches (magical scrying) from afar. Myself, as DM, I’d be wondering: “Such a glorious game, so many opportunities laid out before your PCs to devote your time to, and THIS fixation is the best you can come up with? Are you SURE you’re adventurers?” -Ed Greenwood
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36782 Posts

Posted - 25 Jun 2006 :  04:28:25  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by EvilKnight

On the High Old Ones download, the pdf is not showing a recognized font. I'm seeing a bunch of boxes where letters should be. First time I've ever seen that with a PDF. Anyone seeing actual readable text? Is there a font that need to be installed on a computer to read it?

EvilKnight

Have you tried updating yor Adobe Reader? It's at 7.0.8, currently. Also, there's a setting in Reader to make it use fonts on your computer instead of imbedded ones.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

EvilKnight
Learned Scribe

USA
162 Posts

Posted - 25 Jun 2006 :  14:02:04  Show Profile  Visit EvilKnight's Homepage Send EvilKnight a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Never used Adobe Reader. Did load it and now reads/displays it correctly. But it seems to have taken over my computer and is now usurping my normal usage rights under copyright law (want to print out to a pdf open standard readable on my other program). Probably using a adobe proprietary font. Now I see why adobe doesn't come on the Mac. I wonder if it uninstalls cleanly.

Thanks for the help.

EvilKnight

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 07 Jul 2006 :  11:08:49  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If you're having any further difficulties with Adobe Reader EvilKnight, contact me by PM and I'll see what I can do.

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Zimme
Learned Scribe

Denmark
209 Posts

Posted - 24 Oct 2006 :  01:08:39  Show Profile Send Zimme a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Here I come, with a bit unrelated question. Is it possible to send in char's again, to hall of heroes?

Sometimes I feel like Beshaba is sitting on my back, devoting her entire attention to me!

Rannek.

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 24 Oct 2006 :  01:59:59  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Zimme

Here I come, with a bit unrelated question. Is it possible to send in char's again, to hall of heroes?

As I recall, it is.

Contact Alaundo via PM for more details.

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Zimme
Learned Scribe

Denmark
209 Posts

Posted - 24 Oct 2006 :  02:15:25  Show Profile Send Zimme a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks, good news!

Sometimes I feel like Beshaba is sitting on my back, devoting her entire attention to me!

Rannek.

Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 24 Oct 2006 :  10:59:25  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Zimme

Well met

You'll find a PM from me in thy inbox, Zimme. Sadly, I haven't had enough time to convert the Hall of Heroes entries since Tethtoril departed these halls. As part of Candlekeep v2.0, this process will be automated, however I do have a number of character entries saved that will make it into the site enventually, so there's no need to resend.

Alaundo

Go to Top of Page

Victor_ograygor
Master of Realmslore

Denmark
1072 Posts

Posted - 24 Oct 2006 :  11:31:12  Show Profile  Visit Victor_ograygor's Homepage Send Victor_ograygor a Private Message  Reply with Quote
One question will there be eny updates in the gallery "Fan Artwork section" this time ?
Thanks for a great site.

Victor Ograygor The Assassin and Candel keeps cellar master

Everything I need to know about life I learned from killing smart people.

Links related to Forgotten Realms
http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=9571

Adventuring / Mercenary Companies / Orders / The chosen from official sources
http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=11047

Priests in Forgotten Realms.
http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=9609&whichpage=1
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 25 Oct 2006 :  18:47:26  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Victor_ograygor

One question will there be eny updates in the gallery "Fan Artwork section" this time ?
Thanks for a great site.

Well met

Aye, there will indeed, Victor_ograygor.

Alaundo

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly