Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 The Candlekeep Magic Shop
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 54

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 20 May 2003 :  14:49:00  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
WHOOPS!!!

Thanks for pointing that out. The nasty typo-demon must have visited me while I was typing the entry out, temporarily taking telepathic control of me and causing me to mistype the cost.

The actual market cost should read 2,450 gp.

Thanks Bookwyrm.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 20 May 2003 :  14:51:10  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have now made the appropriate changes to the market price of the dagger Charismatic Friend

Go to Top of Page

eilinel
Learned Scribe

France
296 Posts

Posted - 20 May 2003 :  15:45:10  Show Profile  Visit eilinel's Homepage Send eilinel a Private Message  Reply with Quote
do they come in trucks or what? There are so many items coming everyday!
thats great anyway, i will send here some of mine i find funny. -u know how much i like funny things, especially magic items -
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 20 May 2003 :  15:51:51  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ah! Finally. I was wondering how long it would take for someone to come in. Though I noticed Alaundo window-shopping earlier. I wonder what he thought of the Tome of Candlekeep?

Eilinel, what did you think was funny? And do you have any requests? Creating a 'funny' item would be an interesting challenge . . . .

Hell hath no fury like all of Candlekeep rising in defense of one of its own.

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page

eilinel
Learned Scribe

France
296 Posts

Posted - 20 May 2003 :  15:58:21  Show Profile  Visit eilinel's Homepage Send eilinel a Private Message  Reply with Quote
i will show u an item called wand of distorsion...(and come the suspense...)
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 21 May 2003 :  06:41:16  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Excellent, another customer.

It always pleases me when another adventurer comes through the door looking for that particular magical item.

Anyway eilinel said -
quote:
do they come in trucks or what? There are so many items coming everyday!
thats great anyway, i will send here some of mine i find funny. -u know how much i like funny things, especially magic items
Actually they come by horse-driven caravan, or in the case of Bookwyrm, by Interplanar E-Mail, as he said before.

Now onto the next issue -

As head-proprietor of the Magic Shop I would be delighted to display some of your more humorous wares on a shelf somewhere. Just place it here in the shop, and if you need any help working particular details about the item out, or issues of balancing need to be addressed I'll be glad to assist.

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 21 May 2003 :  06:47:48  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Also, I have received some emails from people outside of Candlekeep who, as guests are regular visitors to the Shop. They have put in several requests for special rings and minor magical items such as wands and the like (eilinel).

I will be trying to contribute several items for this request soon, but I also wanted to ask those of you who are regular Candlekeep residents, and who frequently visit the shop to perhaps contribute some items of your own.

I am simply ecstatic that news of my humble little shop has reached outside of the halls of Candlekeep.

Joy!!!

Go to Top of Page

Leona
Acolyte

38 Posts

Posted - 21 May 2003 :  08:18:58  Show Profile  Visit Leona's Homepage Send Leona a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Here are my contribution to the shop.

Soul Reaver
+5 chaotic evil sentient greatsword
Damage:2d6 crit 17-20
Int: 12
Special: keen, extra 1d6 damage vs lawful or good, slay DC 15 vs lawful good, Level Drain DC 12. User alignment will change to CE over time.

When Cyric lost his portfolio of the dead to Kelemvor after the debacle of the Cyrinishad, a small amount of his divine essence split and mingled with the shattered remains of the sword Godsbane, the avatar form of Mask. The resulting mixture of power took material form, shaping itself into the sentient blade known as Soul Reaver. Ever since the destruction of Zhentil Keep, it has known many owners, some good, some utterly evil but all driven insane by the sword's thirst and hunger for souls.

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 21 May 2003 :  08:29:30  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This is great work Leona, simply a remarkable magical weapon. May I ask about how you came up with the design, it seems interesting.

Also I am curious as to what you think of the other items on display already in the shop?.

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 21 May 2003 :  08:32:31  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Leona, the only reason I asked about what you thought was because I like feedback from the people who visit the shop. Maybe you have some requests, or suggestions, or maybe information is your trade. What ever it is, the Sage of Perth's Magic Shop is here to assist.

Simply leave your request at the front desk, and I'll get to it as soon as I can.

Go to Top of Page

Edain Shadowstar
Senior Scribe

USA
455 Posts

Posted - 21 May 2003 :  08:50:46  Show Profile  Visit Edain Shadowstar's Homepage Send Edain Shadowstar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If I wished to submit an item to the shop, would you prefer it sent to you first, and if so, at what address? I am seriously considering subimitting the ridiculously overpowered crown from 'review' by the scribes of Candlekeep.

Edain Shadowstar
Archwizard of Rel Astra and Waterdeep

"Mmm…pie…"
- Gaius Solarian, Captain General
Go to Top of Page

Leona
Acolyte

38 Posts

Posted - 21 May 2003 :  08:51:54  Show Profile  Visit Leona's Homepage Send Leona a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This place is great for exchanging creative ideas on spells, weapons and other equipment. Most of the items displayed here are quite well balanced. In my case, when I create my own magical items, I would like to write a short piece of history to it. That is why I admire the writers of Baldur's Gate. Even a lowly +1 longsword had such a long history in the description. Of course this is easier said than done.

Anyway, I had thought of the concept of this sword for quite sometime. The special abilities and the history though, was something I came up fifteen minutes ago
Go to Top of Page

Leona
Acolyte

38 Posts

Posted - 21 May 2003 :  08:55:25  Show Profile  Visit Leona's Homepage Send Leona a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sage of Perth

Next,

This item is brand new for the shop -

Dark-Elven Shortsword

Damage: 1d6 +1
Weight: 1 lbs.
Type: Piercing
Special:
This mithral blade, is 30 inches in length and is both unusually light and has a keen edge that never seems to need sharpening.

I know this is pretty basic, but sometimes a good shortsword is hard to find, especially one that does not need continuous sharpening.

If I may, alter something of this sword based on your description.
I was thinking like, since it is keen, and doesn't need sharpening,
you should make it into a keen weapon with crit 17-20. Also, not sure if dark elves use mithril.

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 21 May 2003 :  08:59:50  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I agree Leona, I like long backgrounds for all types of magical items, but sometimes I've got so much going on, that I can't create anything for some of the items I post. I'll try a little harder. To tell you the truth I didn't think anybody appreciated the backgrounds I created for some of the items here at the Shop.

Thanks.

Edain Shadowstar said -
quote:
If I wished to submit an item to the shop, would you prefer it sent to you first, and if so, at what address? I am seriously considering subimitting the ridiculously overpowered crown from 'review' by the scribes of Candlekeep
I would prefer it if you sent the items via Interplanar Email (thanks again Bookwyrm) to my email address. Just look in my profile, for my email address, if everything checks out (which I believe coming from you it probably will) I will then post it here with full credit going to you for the item.

Thanks for asking Edain, I appreciate it.

Go to Top of Page

Leona
Acolyte

38 Posts

Posted - 21 May 2003 :  09:03:55  Show Profile  Visit Leona's Homepage Send Leona a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I would prefer to directly post new items I created here. Is that ok for you? Next item will be coming in ten minutes time
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 21 May 2003 :  09:07:16  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Leona said -
quote:
If I may, alter something of this sword based on your description.
I was thinking like, since it is keen, and doesn't need sharpening,
you should make it into a keen weapon with crit 17-20. Also, not sure if dark elves use mithril.

If you feel you want to change some details (if you intend to use this item in your home campaign) please go right ahead. As for the items in the shop, I do intend (at some later date) to change a few details with some of the stats, but for now I'll take your suggestions under advisement.

And since you mentioned whether dark elves use mithral, I'll just say that it was my home FR campaign, and I have changed several rules for my own enjoyment. In fact I use alot of my own crafted material for my FR campaign about as much as I use official information.

(Just as an example, the Time of Troubles in my home FR campaign, ran a little longer than the official ToT and the effects were much greater).

Thanks .

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 21 May 2003 :  09:10:28  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Leona said -
quote:
I would prefer to directly post new items I created here. Is that ok for you?
That's fine Leona, if it is easier for you. Just be sure that the items are fairly balanced (if you need help some at the shop can assist you), and that most of the details are filled in.

Oh, and make sure you detail it was your creation, for credit purposes.

Go to Top of Page

Leona
Acolyte

38 Posts

Posted - 21 May 2003 :  09:57:15  Show Profile  Visit Leona's Homepage Send Leona a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Another of my creation

Bracers of the Moonmaiden

This pair of beautifully crafted bracers are made of a material that looks like silver but it isn't. It is said that the bracers were forged from the first Tear of Selune to fall on Toril. They have seen many faithful of the Moonmaiden through difficult times. At the wearer's will, a pair of shimmering beams of force will spring out of the bracers.

Effect: As the 3rd level Moon Domain spell moonblade except that wearer calls forth 2 blades instead of 1. The wearer can call forth the blades as frequently as she wants so long as the total time that the blades spent in existence does not exceed 10 turns per day. Usage recharges every night at midnight. Does not function if only one bracer is worn.

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 21 May 2003 :  11:59:23  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Very impressive Leona.

However, do you have the MARKET PRICE for this item. All items in the shop will need to have a price so customers can see what this particular item costs. Also, are there any PREREQUISITES for this item. We will also need to know the appropriate CASTER LEVEL as well.

Thanks, and keep them coming.

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 21 May 2003 :  14:03:42  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sorry Edain, I just realised that my profile does not list an email address.

My address is - voyager74656@hotmail.com

Send all your submissions there.

Thanks,

Go to Top of Page

Targon Moonrise
Learned Scribe

163 Posts

Posted - 21 May 2003 :  14:32:31  Show Profile  Visit Targon Moonrise's Homepage Send Targon Moonrise a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I love all the new items! Those bracers sound rather cool. Maybe if my mind will start working, I may add some items. I'll get back to you Sage if it starts working.

May Melkor smile upon every spell you cast.
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 21 May 2003 :  14:41:10  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sage of Perth

Sorry Edain, I just realised that my profile does not list an email address.

Of course it does! And, might I say, 'obviously.' I sent you some ether-mail, remember?

If you've allowed your email to be public (and in most cases it is), it's under 'My contact info'; the link there opens a new window (strangely), and then all you have to do is click on the link. (Alternatively, you can click on the 'E-Mail Poster' icon in every person's post. Same thing happens.) It opens Outlook with the address already loaded. You can copy that and paste it into a web-based email, if that's what you use.

Hell hath no fury like all of Candlekeep rising in defense of one of its own.

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page

Artalis
Senior Scribe

USA
444 Posts

Posted - 21 May 2003 :  22:04:27  Show Profile Send Artalis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Is there an area in the DMG to help with things like calculating market price and so on? I have probably about 30 or so items floating around in my head that could concievable find their way into the shop. If only I knew where to find the info...

Artalis

Email

Go to Top of Page

Leona
Acolyte

38 Posts

Posted - 22 May 2003 :  00:25:25  Show Profile  Visit Leona's Homepage Send Leona a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Same with Artalis. I have no idea how to assign prices to my items as they are usually unique (aka one of its kind) and not reproducible.

Anyway, caster level for the bracers is 8.
Go to Top of Page

Targon Moonrise
Learned Scribe

163 Posts

Posted - 22 May 2003 :  04:13:06  Show Profile  Visit Targon Moonrise's Homepage Send Targon Moonrise a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have an item that I want to add.

Hammer of Judgement

Cost: 34,312 gp
Prerequisites: Craft Arms and Armor
Castor Level: 15th
Cost to Create: 17,156 gp + 1372 XP
Weight: 8 lbs.
Special: Thowing and Dancing

May Melkor smile upon every spell you cast.

Edited by - Targon Moonrise on 22 May 2003 04:14:00
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 22 May 2003 :  06:35:35  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have a few replies to make, so let's get into them -
Targon Moonrise said -
quote:
I have an item that I want to add.

Hammer of Judgement

Cost: 34,312 gp
Prerequisites: Craft Arms and Armor
Castor Level: 15th
Cost to Create: 17,156 gp + 1372 XP
Weight: 8 lbs.
Special: Thowing and Dancing
Great so far, Targon, but does it have any DAMAGE abilities, or special abilities that we may wish to know about?.

Leona and Artalis said -
quote:
Same with Artalis. I have no idea how to assign prices to my items as they are usually unique (aka one of its kind) and not reproducible.

and

Is there an area in the DMG to help with things like calculating market price and so on? I have probably about 30 or so items floating around in my head that could concievable find their way into the shop. If only I knew where to find the info...

I am pretty sure there is a chart of listing for the pricing of magical items, but I can't remember where, and I can't look it up as I am at work at the moment, I'll check tonight when I get home. Anyway if you are both having problems just post your items here in the shop anyway, since there are several worthy sages, myself, Bookwyrm, and Edain who would probably be able to assist you in assigning prices for your items.

Bookwyrm said -
quote:
Of course it does! And, might I say, 'obviously.' I sent you some ether-mail, remember?

If you've allowed your email to be public (and in most cases it is), it's under 'My contact info'; the link there opens a new window (strangely), and then all you have to do is click on the link. (Alternatively, you can click on the 'E-Mail Poster' icon in every person's post. Same thing happens.) It opens Outlook with the address already loaded. You can copy that and paste it into a web-based email, if that's what you use.
Yes thankyou Bookwyrm . Sometimes, due to my sagely concerns I frequently find myself adrift in a sea of absent-mindedism(???), and so therefore fail to see things that are sometimes directly underneath my nose .

Whew!!!, that's it for now.

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 22 May 2003 :  06:37:42  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
More items are on the way, they will probably be up tomorrow.

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 23 May 2003 :  07:40:30  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Greetings,

Some new items have arrived, fresh from a Calimport market.

So let's get into them -

Sliver Bolts

These specially crafted crossbow bolts are designed for maximum damage and maxmium accuracy. They are partially enchanted and have a series (4) of sharp metal slivers embedded in the shaft running down the length of the bolt-shaft.

When fired from a standard crossbow, the slivers pop up from the shaft and point outwards in four directions. These additional slivers form extra rows of sharp bladed edges that can tear into a target.

Damage: -
Range: -
Prerequisites: Craft Magic Arms and Armour
Caster Level: 8th
Market Price: 502 gp (each)
Weight: -
Special: These sliver bolts act as +2 bolts of wounding

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 23 May 2003 :  08:08:35  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Onto the second item -

The Holy Justifier of Tyr
It is said the this mace was crafted by a cleric of Tyr five years ago, before a great battle to free the hamlet of Wood's Edge near Cloak Wood. The village was said to be under the thrall of an evil necromancer of Velsharoon, and a horde of orcs and undead. The necromancer had wished to experiment on the villages to create a special type of spectral undead.

However, when a passing group of Tyrian clerics arrived to visit the local shrine to Tyr, they were horrified to discover it's current state. The exact history surrounding the creation of the mace is not known outside of the most holiest of Tyrian clerical circles. What is known, is that the cleric, Valroth Kar of Tyr, spent some time alone at his temple to Tyr where he supposedly asked his god for assistance.

This may be a fanciful speculation, as nobody truly knows how Valroth acquired the great mace. The next day, the clerics, lead by Valroth Kar, the mace firmly in his grasp, lead the resistance to free the hamlet of it's undead curse. After several hours of running battles the horde was broken, the battle was won - the undead and orcs were either destroyed of incapacitated. The battle was not without it's casualities however, after the battle it was revealed that Valroth had been killed - slain in final combat with the necromancer each landing a final fatal blow on each other at the last moment.

The mace was quickly recovered by the remaining clerics who then returned to their temple where the mace was blessed and was said to be returned to Kar's temple to commerate his great deed. How it ended up at the Sage of Perth's Magic Shop is currently unknown.

Damage: 1d8+3
Melee/Ranged: Melee
Size: Medium
Market Price: 30,245 gp
Prerequisites: None as this is a unique item to the Church of Tyr
Weight: 13 lbs.
Caster Level: 13th
Special: The Holy Justifier of Tyr is an intelligent heavy mace +3 of Lawful Good alignment, with a Wisdom attribute of 18, an Intelligence attribute of 15, and a Charisma attribute of 14. It can cast heal on the wielder and one other cleric of Tyr once per day. It as functions as though it had both the Keen and Bane special abilities.

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 23 May 2003 :  08:31:09  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The last item for today people -

The Guardian of Pure Hearts
This chainmail suit was especially crafted by a faction of wizards whose library of knowledge and magical items deep within the Cloud Peaks was preserved from destruction by a local monastery of lawful monks. It is said that the library came under attack by a rampaging horde of Hill Giants intent on razing the library under directives from a Zhentarim agent in the area who had learnt of the library. The Zhentarim obviously had intentions on pillaging the library once the wizards were dead, or had been driven from their library hold. After the wizards discovered that an attack was coming, they put out a call to any adventures or mercenaries in the area who would be willing to help defend the library.

The monastery "The Order of the Righteous Fists" responded to the call to arms, arriving several hours before the attack began. It is said that both the wizards and the monks repulsed an attack by a combined force of hill giants, trolls and other lesser creatures, completely driving them from the mountain range and down into the area surrounding Lake Neng, where it is said that the wounded giants and trolls either drowned or fled.

The chainmail was given to the head of the Order in a show of appreciation for what the monks had done. The chainmail can only be worn by those with the purest of hearts

Armor Bonus: +4
Max Dex: +3
Check Penalty: -2
Arcane Spell Failure: 10%
Weight: 10 lbs
Prerequisites: Craft Magic Armour, Haste, Expeditious Retreat
Market Price: 23,000 gp
Caster Level: 14th
Special:
Once per day the head monk of any lawful good order wearing this armour can cast - Haste, Expeditious Retreat

The mail counts as light armour, and the chosen monk who intends to wear it must have the Light Armour Proficency to make use of it.

Also the wielder can use any of these skills without penalties - Climb, Balance, Escape Artist, Move Silently, and Tumble.

Let me know what you think for all these new items.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 54 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000