Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Assassins
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Cult_Leader
Learned Scribe

USA
337 Posts

Posted - 03 May 2003 :  21:18:57  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Leader's Homepage Send Cult_Leader a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
First of all, if no one knows about that poisoned dagger concealed in your sleeve, don't tell them about it when you describe your character. Your weapons are concealed for a reason, and no matter how much they try not to let OOC information bleed over into their IC actions, most players will not willingly let their characters walk into a trap. Cut your descriptions down to what is obviously discernable to the onlooker, maybe adding subtle hints of things that he carries when it seems appropriate.

Secondly, don't broadcast your characters intentions if it seems that your character would be trying to conceal them. If an assassin approaching a mark makes it obvious that he is going to whack the poor sod, he is more than likely going to fail. An assassin who approaches a mark with a friendly air, and offers his company for the evening will have plenty of chances to covertly poison their drink, knife them in the back, slit their throat, etc, etc.

Thirdly, witnesses are bad. The less people who know of your involvement in the characters death, the less people who can tell that person's friends who the murderer was. the fewer people who come after you seeking vengeance for their fallen friend, the fewer chances you'll have to end your days skewered on a longsword. Concealing the identity of your employer is a also a must, as no one appreciates it when their hired killer points the revenge-seeking mobs back to them. By the same token, concealing your own identity from your employer can be an intelligent move as well, though few assassins take the care to do this nowadays.

I hope all you killers-to-be found my little speech pleasant and informative, and I wish you luck on your hunts.

"Madness you say! Do you fear me? Are you afraid of what I might do, of what I might say? What a fascinating reaction. Don't you find it somewhat encumbering?"

Piddles assumes a deep and resonant voice. "Space...the Final Frontier. These are the voyages of the starship...Garou. It's mission: to slay Wyrm creatures where they live and breed. To accumulate more Garou than the world's entire population. To produce metis like no one has before." - Piddles

"Aren't you people supposed to be doing something? Like, entertaining me, the fascist wizard?" - InleRah

I have the passwords to the minds of everyone and the cheat codes to the universe - Me
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000