Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Imaskari Empire Map Search
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Dalor Darden
Great Reader

USA
4211 Posts

Posted - 16 Oct 2023 :  05:03:44  Show Profile Send Dalor Darden a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I'm looking for anything that is a map of the lands that the Imaskari Empire held.

Even a rough map...

Anyone ever seen a map of what the empire looked like just before it fell?

The Old Grey Box and AD&D for me!

Thauramarth
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
729 Posts

Posted - 16 Oct 2023 :  07:22:58  Show Profile Send Thauramarth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There's a partial, very high level map on one of the inserts in The Horde boxed set ("ancient empires of the Wastes"), which focuses on the northern parts of Raurin and the Wastes.

FWIW, I've used Imaskar as a deep background often, and I've had the empire control the dhores of the Great Sea, up to present day Halruaa in the wsst, and including the Utter East and Zakhara.
Go to Top of Page

Gary Dallison
Great Reader

United Kingdom
6353 Posts

Posted - 16 Oct 2023 :  19:07:47  Show Profile Send Gary Dallison a Private Message  Reply with Quote
We know the imaskari tribe originally came from durpar and later returned to conquer it.

The hordelands fell under imaskari control although they may have only provided military forces.

Outposts found in the chessenta unther border so one can assume they owned the lands of unther and mulhorand.

So much about imaskar is unknown though, including what kind of nation and how it was governed (beyond having an emperor).

Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions Candlekeep Archive
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 1
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 2
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 3
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 4
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 5
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 6
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 7
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 8
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 9

Alternate Realms Site
Go to Top of Page

Marc
Senior Scribe

657 Posts

Posted - 16 Oct 2023 :  21:31:36  Show Profile Send Marc a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The Grand History of the Realms pg. 22

Edited by - Marc on 16 Oct 2023 21:32:17
Go to Top of Page

Dalor Darden
Great Reader

USA
4211 Posts

Posted - 16 Oct 2023 :  21:51:52  Show Profile Send Dalor Darden a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Marc

The Grand History of the Realms pg. 22

Yeah, that is the only source I found...but it doesn't show the combined empire or its furthest reaches unfortunately.

Thanks Marc!

Go to Top of Page

Azar
Master of Realmslore

1293 Posts

Posted - 16 Oct 2023 :  23:51:57  Show Profile Send Azar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Gary Dallison

So much about imaskar is unknown though, including what kind of nation and how it was governed (beyond having an emperor).

Is not the ambiguity by design?

Stand with anybody that stands right. Stand with him while he is right and part with him when he goes wrong.

Earth names in the Realms are more common than you may think.
Go to Top of Page

Dalor Darden
Great Reader

USA
4211 Posts

Posted - 17 Oct 2023 :  00:35:10  Show Profile Send Dalor Darden a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Azar

quote:
Originally posted by Gary Dallison

Is not the ambiguity by design?

Initially yes...but over time (like Sembia) things are "known" to be a certain way after all.

Go to Top of Page

TomCosta
Forgotten Realms Designer

USA
954 Posts

Posted - 17 Oct 2023 :  19:02:10  Show Profile Send TomCosta a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Pretty sure Horde Box and Grand History are the only maps.
Go to Top of Page

Marc
Senior Scribe

657 Posts

Posted - 17 Oct 2023 :  19:35:06  Show Profile Send Marc a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There's an unofficial rough map by Snowblood

pg. 3

https://www.deviantart.com/phasai/art/IMASKAR-166507649

Go to Top of Page

Dalor Darden
Great Reader

USA
4211 Posts

Posted - 17 Oct 2023 :  23:42:24  Show Profile Send Dalor Darden a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Marc

There's an unofficial rough map by Snowblood

pg. 3

https://www.deviantart.com/phasai/art/IMASKAR-166507649

I totally forgot about his work!

That actually isn't such a bad view of what it might have been. I think I can roll with that in my own homebrew.

Thanks again Marc!

Kinda what I was looking for.

Go to Top of Page

Dalor Darden
Great Reader

USA
4211 Posts

Posted - 18 Oct 2023 :  00:02:01  Show Profile Send Dalor Darden a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TomCosta

There is a map of the possible bounds of the Imaskari lands in the horde box?

Gonna have to go dig!

Go to Top of Page

Dalor Darden
Great Reader

USA
4211 Posts

Posted - 18 Oct 2023 :  00:17:40  Show Profile Send Dalor Darden a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dalor Darden

quote:
Originally posted by TomCosta

There is a map of the possible bounds of the Imaskari lands in the horde box?

Gonna have to go dig!

And so there was...a map on a card of the empires of the area of the Hordelands.

The Imaskar Empire didn't seem the largest considering the legend of it...

Go to Top of Page

Gary Dallison
Great Reader

United Kingdom
6353 Posts

Posted - 18 Oct 2023 :  09:44:17  Show Profile Send Gary Dallison a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Claiming a land as part of your sovereign territory and maintain small outposts in adjacent areas in which you have an interest are sometimes very different things.

Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions Candlekeep Archive
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 1
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 2
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 3
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 4
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 5
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 6
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 7
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 8
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 9

Alternate Realms Site
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6646 Posts

Posted - 29 Oct 2023 :  05:15:02  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Imaskar was not a big nation population-wide. But if had mastery of the most sophisticated magic of the region which it used to create its "empire". That empire consisted of a significant land area of vassal territories from the Endless Waste, to parts of the Old Empires, the Shining South, parts of the Shaar, east towards Kara Tur. The local indigenous populations policed themselves with local leaders aware that their positions remained only at the whim of their Imaskari lords, and gave tribute to Inupras. The Imaskari also had a policy of removing subjects from one region and using them as mercenary troops in another. So Raumviran tribesmen would be patrolling the border lands of the Shaar, Turami warriors would be dealing with issues in the Shining South, etc. A smart way to keep local populations from creating their own rebel armies.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus

Edited by - George Krashos on 29 Oct 2023 05:15:33
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000