Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Sages of the Realms are you out there?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 10 Jun 2005 :  02:45:10  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
No, I don't think Elrond ever did publish this on the mainsite. At least, I don't recall seeing it there.

Alaundo?

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 10 Jun 2005 :  09:01:38  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

No, I don't think Elrond ever did publish this on the mainsite. At least, I don't recall seeing it there.

Alaundo?

Well met

Alas, not, Sage. I believe the last I heard from Elrond Half Elven on this project was that there was still more to come and that I would wait until it had been completed. I'm quite happy to place what is available here within Candlekeep in the meantime with Elrond's consent however.

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Elrond Half Elven
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
322 Posts

Posted - 09 Feb 2006 :  12:53:23  Show Profile  Visit Elrond Half Elven's Homepage Send Elrond Half Elven a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wow this is a blast from the past!

Unfortunately I suffered from a hard-drive failure a while ago and it set me right back on this project. I was having a complete gut out of my room the other day, when I found a hard copy detailing some of this project. I'm going to work this into my campaign so please expect to see some activity over the next few weeks.

Hanx
Elrond

Once upon a midnight dreary, while i pondered, weak and weary,
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten lore-
While i nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a tapping,
As of some one gently rapping, rapping at my chamber door.
-The Raven by Edgar Allan Poe
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 09 Feb 2006 :  17:42:17  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Elrond Half Elven

Wow this is a blast from the past!

Unfortunately I suffered from a hard-drive failure a while ago and it set me right back on this project. I was having a complete gut out of my room the other day, when I found a hard copy detailing some of this project. I'm going to work this into my campaign so please expect to see some activity over the next few weeks.

Hanx
Elrond

Well met

Indeed it is, my dear Elrond. (And may I say it's good to see thee back in the halls of Candlekeep again).

I'll look forward to seeing anything ye produce for this and will wait with anticipation

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Elrond Half Elven
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
322 Posts

Posted - 09 Feb 2006 :  21:30:00  Show Profile  Visit Elrond Half Elven's Homepage Send Elrond Half Elven a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thank thee for your kind words; at the moment I have little much else to add to this discussion other than another NPCs written a while ago but never had a chance to post. He's a member of the Council of Eight.

Derval Kysus- The Voice of the Merchants
Vain, snobby, and aloof are the three best words to describe Derval. He was born to a rich Sembian family, but he drew the short straw, however, and was forced to find trade in small communities. His family hoped that this would cut down the price. This has been found to be successful; the only problem being that the small communities cannot create the amount of commodities that the Kysus family is looking for.
All the same Derval has been on the council for a couple of years now, he used his families position to coerce the other merchants into voting for him. It could also be the fact that he wanders around with two ‘minders’ (First level fighters). At council meetings Derval prefers to keep neutral, and manipulates the position to get others to hatch his schemes. His under hand ways of doing this are notice by Jared. But Jared has never brought them up in public.
Derval will strongly oppose any idea that will take trade away from his family. He is a young man in his later 20s (27), who keeps golden long hair, which he is extremely proud of, his dress sense is rather foppish- keeping up with the latest Sembian fashions, which however is wasted on the inhabitants of a small village. Derval gives the idea of being a big city man stuck in a small town, that he knows he can’t get out of. Derval pines at every chance to leave Cloudvale for a larger city.
Derval Kysus: Male Human Ari2; Medium Humanoid; HD 2d8+2 (Aristocrat); hp 10; Init +1; Spd 30; AC 11; Atk +0 base melee, +2 base ranged; +1 (1d6-1, Rapier, Masterwork); AL CN; SV Fort +1, Ref +1, Will +6; STR 9, DEX 12, CON 12, INT 17, WIS 16, CHA 12.
Skills& Feats:Appraise+12, Bluff+8, Diplomacy+6, Knowledge (Geography)+5, Knowledge (Law)+8, Knowledge (Mathematics)+8, Knowledge (Nobility)+8, Knowledge (Politics)+8, Speak Language+3. Mercantile Background, Silver Palm.
Languages: Alzhedo, Chondathan, Common, Dwarven, Elven, Halruaan, Mulhorandi.
Possessions: Masterwork Rapier, Noble's outfit, 500gps signet ring.

With any luck tomorrow I'll be able to post some legends and a bit more information concerning the village.

Enjoy for just now (and excuse the spelling, grammar, and structural errors- I did write it a good while ago and haven't had time to properly edit it.

Hanx
Elrond

Once upon a midnight dreary, while i pondered, weak and weary,
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten lore-
While i nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a tapping,
As of some one gently rapping, rapping at my chamber door.
-The Raven by Edgar Allan Poe
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000