Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The Candlekeep Web Site
 Site Content
 Introduction to the Fellaren-Krae project
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Tethtoril
Seeker

95 Posts

Posted - 05 Nov 2002 :  18:28:58  Show Profile  Visit Tethtoril's Homepage Send Tethtoril a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Well Met loreseekers and Welcome to the first post on the Fellaren-Krae forum.

For those of you who dont know, Fellaren-Krae is a project run by Candlekeep on this site to develop a Forgotten Realms city located in Sembia, this is a city with a difference, where the elves and humans of Sembia actually live side-by-side and get on together!!

Many people work on the project, devoting time to developing personalities and locales, anyone can join in the project who can spare a bit of time on developing your plot within the city. The ultimate aim of the project is to create an ever-growing city location which will be available both on the site and as a Netbook download! This in turn will be used to run campaigns and aid in adventure module development.

If you require any additional information or with to see some of the other completed articles then go to the Fellaren-Krae main page.

Tethtoril
Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood

Edited by - Tethtoril on 05 Nov 2002 18:42:38

The Defence Minister
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
218 Posts

Posted - 14 Nov 2002 :  20:15:30  Show Profile  Visit The Defence Minister's Homepage Send The Defence Minister a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This is pretty cool. I would be happy to help if there's anything I can do - where do I sign-up?

TDM

- TDM (Candlekeep's most popular, experienced and handsome member)
Go to Top of Page

Tethtoril
Seeker

95 Posts

Posted - 15 Nov 2002 :  11:01:08  Show Profile  Visit Tethtoril's Homepage Send Tethtoril a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well Met Defence Minister

Thankyou for your interest. If you wish to join in the project and submit your work to us, then please email me directly at journals@candlekeep.com.

If you visit the Fellaren-Krae area of the site then you will see other submissions from other members of the project for an idea of that quality and style of material were looking for as well as ideas on areas which require developing. There are also templates available for download if you wish to create a business location such as a shop or tavern etc. or a personality.

Hope to hear from you soon. If you require any assistance then please email me on the address given above.

Tethtoril

Go to Top of Page

The Defence Minister
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
218 Posts

Posted - 15 Nov 2002 :  16:53:17  Show Profile  Visit The Defence Minister's Homepage Send The Defence Minister a Private Message  Reply with Quote
OK. I'll take a better look at the site and get back to you ASAP.

TDM

Go to Top of Page

The Defence Minister
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
218 Posts

Posted - 28 Nov 2002 :  18:37:04  Show Profile  Visit The Defence Minister's Homepage Send The Defence Minister a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sorry about the delay - I'll start designing straight away!!!

TDM

Go to Top of Page

Drizzt Do Urden
Acolyte

Netherlands
33 Posts

Posted - 06 Jan 2003 :  22:52:18  Show Profile  Visit Drizzt Do Urden's Homepage Send Drizzt Do Urden a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Not that my english is so great; but is this project still running ?
I like the idea about it

Once the Menzoberrenzan Drow run away from the Drow Practices in other cities. Then they settled Menzoberrenzan, and prayed to there evil and mad godess Lolth, the Spider Queen. Then they turned the same way has there far away cousins (isn't that ironic)

Bless Mielikki, and the good people of the Realms
Go to Top of Page

Tethtoril
Seeker

95 Posts

Posted - 07 Jan 2003 :  08:38:22  Show Profile  Visit Tethtoril's Homepage Send Tethtoril a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well Met

Yes indeed the project is still running. Please see the projects home page at: http://www.candlekeep.com/campaign/fellaren-krae/fkmain.htm

Tethtoril

Go to Top of Page

Drizzt Do Urden
Acolyte

Netherlands
33 Posts

Posted - 07 Jan 2003 :  12:20:05  Show Profile  Visit Drizzt Do Urden's Homepage Send Drizzt Do Urden a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Okay i've send a E-mail to one of you people

Once the Menzoberrenzan Drow run away from the Drow Practices in other cities. Then they settled Menzoberrenzan, and prayed to there evil and mad godess Lolth, the Spider Queen. Then they turned the same way has there far away cousins (isn't that ironic)

Bless Mielikki, and the good people of the Realms
Go to Top of Page

Trafaldi
Learned Scribe

264 Posts

Posted - 17 Mar 2003 :  17:28:43  Show Profile  Visit Trafaldi's Homepage Send Trafaldi a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What is happening with this project. I will start working on this if no one else will.

Some believe there is something more after death, if you really want to find out... go kill yourself and stop pestering me.
Go to Top of Page

Salius Kai
Learned Scribe

USA
217 Posts

Posted - 17 Mar 2003 :  18:56:14  Show Profile  Visit Salius Kai's Homepage Send Salius Kai a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I thought this had long died out. If it's still going, sign me up. I sit around and do maps and shiq like this anyways, might as well put them to some use.

"Welcome to these walls of infinite knowledge."

Salius Kai
Go to Top of Page

Tethtoril
Seeker

95 Posts

Posted - 18 Mar 2003 :  09:09:45  Show Profile  Visit Tethtoril's Homepage Send Tethtoril a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Greetings all

The project is forever ongoing. People come and go with material for Fellaren-Krae all the time, so please feel free to choose an area you would like to develop and let me know.

Check the projects home page for more information.

Tethtoril

Go to Top of Page

Edain Shadowstar
Senior Scribe

USA
455 Posts

Posted - 25 Apr 2003 :  03:12:02  Show Profile  Visit Edain Shadowstar's Homepage Send Edain Shadowstar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am kinda curious about a few things. For one, what kinda of bottleneck is there between submission and feedback? And second, when was the last update to the project? Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Edain Shadowstar
Archwizard of Rel Astra and Waterdeep

"Mmm…pie…"
- Gaius Solarian, Captain General
Go to Top of Page

Tethtoril
Seeker

95 Posts

Posted - 25 Apr 2003 :  08:24:55  Show Profile  Visit Tethtoril's Homepage Send Tethtoril a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Edain Shadowstar

I am kinda curious about a few things. For one, what kinda of bottleneck is there between submission and feedback? And second, when was the last update to the project? Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Greetings Edain

The last update to Fellaren-Krae was Cries of the Sewer and Salzar's Emporium by Sean Francos back in November.

Any submissions are usually checked over and make it into the following site update so theres no real bottleneck.

Hope this answers your questions.

Tethtoril

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 20 May 2003 :  15:27:00  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have designed many small hamlets and settlements throughout the years I have been campaigning in FR. Is it possible to submit maybe one or two, to see if you are interested?.

They will require somework (polish) as they are several years old, so just let me know whether it's okay and I send them in when I have cleaned them up.

Thanks,

-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Tethtoril
Seeker

95 Posts

Posted - 22 May 2003 :  22:16:33  Show Profile  Visit Tethtoril's Homepage Send Tethtoril a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sage of Perth

I have designed many small hamlets and settlements throughout the years I have been campaigning in FR. Is it possible to submit maybe one or two, to see if you are interested?.

They will require somework (polish) as they are several years old, so just let me know whether it's okay and I send them in when I have cleaned them up.

Thanks,

Greetings and many apologies Sage of Perth.

This scroll had a couple of books slammed on top of it before I finally noticed if again, so apologies for not replying sooner.

I am indeed interested in perusing your detailing of such hamlets. Please send them over to me and ill be sure to take a look.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Tethtoril

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 26 May 2003 :  09:16:38  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Great, that's good to hear Tethtoril. I am a little snowed-in at the moment so I won't be able to work on polishing the articles up until I get some free time, but I should have something to email to you by the beginning of next month.

Go to Top of Page

Tethtoril
Seeker

95 Posts

Posted - 26 May 2003 :  10:33:12  Show Profile  Visit Tethtoril's Homepage Send Tethtoril a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Greetings

Ill look forward to receiving your works, Sage of Perth. In addition, your Magic Shop holds some interesting items, please contact me if you are interested in having these displayed up within Candlekeep proper.

Tethtoril

Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 26 May 2003 :  22:30:36  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I don't know about Sage, but it sounds good to me. I'm going to have to repost my other two creations there, though, just so they're all in one place.

Hell hath no fury like all of Candlekeep rising in defense of one of its own.

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 27 May 2003 :  08:42:23  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Tethtoril, I didn't realise at the time of posting, but my post in the 'Adventuring' section of the forum The Sage of Perth's Travelogue contained one of the two hamlets I intended on sending to you. If you could look it over, I would be glad to know your thoughts about the post. Also I realise they may not refer to the area specific for the Fellaren-Krae project, but I do have a working copy which can be altered should you think I need to make some adjustments.

Good learning...

- The Sage of Perth: For all your Realms Lore needs

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 28 May 2003 :  14:49:15  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I also have some homebrew monsters coming to the forums (2 for now). Are you interested in these as well?.

Just let me know, and I'll email them when they are ready.

Go to Top of Page

Tethtoril
Seeker

95 Posts

Posted - 28 May 2003 :  17:31:16  Show Profile  Visit Tethtoril's Homepage Send Tethtoril a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Greetings Sage of Perth

Indeed, even if any material isnt suitable for fitting into Fellaren-Krae, then there is always a place within Candlekeep for your work.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Tethtoril

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 29 May 2003 :  09:48:34  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That's good to hear, because I have some great work coming.

May your learning be free and unfettered

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 16 Jun 2003 :  14:22:20  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am still working on my submissions to the project. I have been busy of late, and have had to put several of my gaming projects on hold. I should have something to offer by the end of the month.

Go to Top of Page

Trafaldi
Learned Scribe

264 Posts

Posted - 05 Nov 2003 :  17:14:26  Show Profile  Visit Trafaldi's Homepage Send Trafaldi a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I was wondering if this project will be updated to 3rd or 3.5 edition. I only have first and 3rd edition books that is why i ask.

I had some decent ideas for the militia

Some believe there is something more after death, if you really want to find out... go kill yourself and stop pestering me.

Edited by - Trafaldi on 05 Nov 2003 17:14:48
Go to Top of Page

Tethtoril
Seeker

95 Posts

Posted - 05 Nov 2003 :  23:32:18  Show Profile  Visit Tethtoril's Homepage Send Tethtoril a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Trafaldi

I was wondering if this project will be updated to 3rd or 3.5 edition. I only have first and 3rd edition books that is why i ask.

I had some decent ideas for the militia

Greetings

Unfortunately we have no plans to convert to 3/3.5 ed D&D rules..... in the near future. Thats not to say that it wont happen

However, we would still like to see any development you may have for the militia, Trafaldi and could still include it as part of the project. Im sure it will still be valid, possibly with notes on conversion for immediate use if necessary.

Thank you for your interest.

Tethtoril

Go to Top of Page

Trafaldi
Learned Scribe

264 Posts

Posted - 06 Nov 2003 :  01:02:18  Show Profile  Visit Trafaldi's Homepage Send Trafaldi a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I thank you for that i will see what i can put together ill see if i can bum some 2e books off of friends.

Go to Top of Page

Narad Bladesinger
Learned Scribe

Finland
170 Posts

Posted - 06 Mar 2004 :  12:17:52  Show Profile  Visit Narad Bladesinger's Homepage Send Narad Bladesinger a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'd like to send a couple of things of my own, and I wonder are they really suitable for the Fellaren-Krae.
My things would be more like sotries than anything else.
For example a story about a secret passage to underdark.
Is there room for things like this?
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 06 Mar 2004 :  16:20:42  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Narad Bladesinger

I'd like to send a couple of things of my own, and I wonder are they really suitable for the Fellaren-Krae.
My things would be more like sotries than anything else.
For example a story about a secret passage to underdark.
Is there room for things like this?

Well met

Indeed, we would be happy to take a look at your work, Narad Bladesinger. Maybe the Campaign Logs would be a better home for such scribings?

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Narad Bladesinger
Learned Scribe

Finland
170 Posts

Posted - 06 Mar 2004 :  16:39:22  Show Profile  Visit Narad Bladesinger's Homepage Send Narad Bladesinger a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ok, maeby I'll try that!
Go to Top of Page

RogueAssassin
Learned Scribe

USA
207 Posts

Posted - 25 Jun 2004 :  22:13:58  Show Profile  Visit RogueAssassin's Homepage Send RogueAssassin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I would like to help in anyway i can though i dont know what i could do

-The Rogue

"Spirit. Its a Heros strength, a mothers resiliance, and the poor mans armor. It cannot be broken and it cannot be taken away. This i must belive"---Drizzt Do'Urden
Go to Top of Page

Tethtoril
Seeker

95 Posts

Posted - 26 Jun 2004 :  15:30:25  Show Profile  Visit Tethtoril's Homepage Send Tethtoril a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by RogueAssassin

I would like to help in anyway i can though i dont know what i could do

-The Rogue

Thankee, Rogue! I am busy scribing several scrolls for the next site update in a couple of weeks. I would like to begin discussions on Fellaran-Krae about that time as well. SO for those with a desire to aid and others who would simply like to follow along, please watch this scroll for activity in upcoming days.

Ah, so much to do, so little time ... even with spells of daylight extension and the like. Mystra seems to get mad when I use them, so I have gone back to candlelight. Poor me!

Tethtoril

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: