Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Sardior and dragon rages
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Chris_flamehand
Acolyte

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 08 Mar 2004 :  08:56:42  Show Profile  Visit Chris_flamehand's Homepage Send Chris_flamehand a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Hey has anyone ever considered that the red star seen before dragon rages might actually be the home of the dragon god Sardior and that in some way he may actually be responsiable for dragons to go on the rampage.

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 08 Mar 2004 :  09:15:41  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hmmm...it's certainly a unique connection, although the 'Rage' is said to be more of a biological/instinctual drive. Although, that's not to exactly say that it is not instigated by the cosmic forces of the Red Star...

How did you come across it...?

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Chris_flamehand
Acolyte

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 09 Mar 2004 :  21:15:05  Show Profile  Visit Chris_flamehand's Homepage Send Chris_flamehand a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ah I'm so glad you asked well if you read Evermeet island of the elves you will notice one thing that always preludes a dragon rage the apperance of the red star know as the king-killer(sorry about the spoiler but it had to be done) and recently I read about Sardior which is a lesser know deity patron of gem dragons who makes his home on the prime material plane(aka toril) well his resting place on the prime is a huge floating red castle. Well you can see why i feel that Sardior castle and the king-killer star could be one in the same.
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 10 Mar 2004 :  06:14:44  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Indeed, it's a very intriguing connection...

I'm a big fan of Sardior anyway, especially since he has such a strong link to all things psionic.

And, speaking of Sardior, you may find this little tidbit of interest...

Go to Top of Page

Chris_flamehand
Acolyte

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 10 Mar 2004 :  06:58:11  Show Profile  Visit Chris_flamehand's Homepage Send Chris_flamehand a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hey Sage thanks for the link and it got me thinking about something it describes how Sardior castle can be seen closer to toril what if the king killer star is the castle puting distance between itself and toril meaning that sardior is severing connections to his followers for a short period and what if its not only him but all the dragon pantheon and for one short period dragons are cut free from the gods that govern them giving them time to do what they want if you have ever read evermeet island of elves you see how chromatic dragons attack metallic dragons as their foremost foe. Its like picking a fight when you now you wont get caught or it could be the gods themselves fighting and the dragons carry the rage over to toril.
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 10 Mar 2004 :  07:26:33  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'll admit it's been quite a while since I've read Evermeet: Island of Elves, but you again raise an interesting point.

While I don't think such an occurence would be as likely in the present Realms, there could have been a era sometime in the past where the severed connection between the Dragon deities existed.

However, this depends upon the planar cosmology that you are using in your Realms campaign. If it is the Great Wheel model from the Planescape setting, then given the multi-plane exposure most dragon deities had, such an occurence would never happen. If however we are assuming the use of the 3e FR model, then, the deities, isolated and with their connection to the Material Plane severed, could have the effects on the local Draconic population that you suggest.

All in all, this does have the potential to create an interesting 'historical' adventure based in the Realms...

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000